OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 11:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1228 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 62  Next
 Post subject: Re: This fucking team...
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:26 pm 
OTP Historian

E.L. wrote:
I ended up landing tickets for tomorrow night's game against Columbus. Looking forward to it.

Have fun!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:33 pm 
Big in Japan

Bosc wrote:
E.L. wrote:
I ended up landing tickets for tomorrow night's game against Columbus. Looking forward to it.

Have fun!

Hell of a night. Habs down 2-0 after the first where CBJ did two nasty boarding hits, came back to win 4-3 in OT.

Caufield is the best 3v3 player in the world: 6 career OT goals already. He had 3 points, Nick had 3 points.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:26 am 
Big in Japan

Win another comebacker in OT, this time 4-3 over the Jets. Outplayed, but still collecting points. Guhle was an absolute monster in his first game back from injury.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:57 pm 
Big in Japan

The lines are a bit of a mess with Dach out. There's no second line. Well, wherever Monahan lands is the defacto second line.

Here's the jigsaw puzzle: they have no one to play with Nick-Cole. Newhook and Slafkovsky aren't fitting. Anderson isn't fitting with anyone. Gallagher is playing well but can only handle 11 minutes a night. No one is knocking at the door for more ice time. I would try before the offence dries up:

Cole-Nick-Hook
Slaf-Monahan-Pearson
Anderson-Evans-Gallagher
Armia-RHP-Ylonen (no centre, but Dvo is coming back soonish)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:43 am 
Big in Japan

The Habs nearly handed the Cup champs their first regulation loss of the season, ended up losing to Vegas 3-2 in a shootout. They put 39 shots on Adin Hill, played really well. Guhle-Barron is starting to look like a legit pairing.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:17 am 
King of Men

Can I say this? I am actually enjoying watching the Habs this year....I've already watched 3 games....which is way more than I usually watch. Great young talent and a bright future (goal is a little questionable). Can't help but root for Monahan. Slafkovsky needs a little bit of a boost but Caulfield and Suzuki are bringing it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:50 pm 
Big in Japan

You cursed them, Harm! Losers of three straight, although they looked good against the Cup champs.

Slafkovsky added to the top line and immediately looked good. Not playing with Anderson paying immediate dividends.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:47 am 
King of Men

E.L. wrote:
You cursed them, Harm! Losers of three straight, although they looked good against the Cup champs.

Slafkovsky added to the top line and immediately looked good. Not playing with Anderson paying immediate dividends.

Ironically, I have also been told I am no longer allowed to root for the avalanche.......
:)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:55 am 

harmfuljays wrote:
E.L. wrote:

Ironically, I have also been told I am no longer allowed to root for the avalanche.......
:)

They play the Nucks on the 22nd, I'm counting on you to be all in on rooting for the Turnips that night.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:18 pm 
Big in Japan

Wow, the Habs hand the Bruins a rare loss. 3-2 in OT.

Guhle was an absolute beast. He might be a legit no. 1.D. It's nice to see Slaf look solid on defence. Strangely enough that part of his game has come around faster than the offence.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:14 pm 
King of Men

Something is truly wrong with the hatred in this matchup.....especially when I start rooting for the Habs mid game (damn you fantasy hockey)! The only one that seems to remember is Brad. A couple of well place nut spears or licking should fix that. As said previously....I think this team is built well.....except for goaltending. Excited to see them return to relevance on a continual basis.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:24 pm 
Big in Japan

harmfuljays wrote:
Something is truly wrong with the hatred in this matchup.....especially when I start rooting for the Habs mid game (damn you fantasy hockey)! The only one that seems to remember is Brad. A couple of well place nut spears or licking should fix that. As said previously....I think this team is built well.....except for goaltending. Excited to see them return to relevance on a continual basis.

Swayman losing his helmet and punching Gallagher a few times felt like an old school Bos-Mtl battle!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:34 pm 
King of Men

I guess that's what we get nowadays, the age of Knuckles is over after all. I don't feel the level of tree cutting anger, or even like wearing my F**K The Habs shirt. I've always had a soft spot for the city so maybe its just me. On a side note when did it become the thing to launch off your goalie mask the moment something touches it? Seems dangerous, I've seen that a lot this year.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:00 pm 
OTP Historian

harmfuljays wrote:
I guess that's what we get nowadays, the age of Knuckles is over after all. I don't feel the level of tree cutting anger, or even like wearing my F**K The Habs shirt. I've always had a soft spot for the city so maybe its just me.

You've seen the Bruins and Avalanche win Cups. Honestly, seeing your teams win takes a lot of the edge off for anger/hatred.

harmfuljays wrote:
On a side note when did it become the thing to launch off your goalie mask the moment something touches it? Seems dangerous, I've seen that a lot this year.

Duane Roloson used to drive me crazy doing that. Mike Smith too.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2023 1:38 pm 
Big in Japan

Injuries are starting to accumulate: Harris and RHP are now out a while. Arber didn't go on their current road trip.

Jayden Struble played his first game as a Hab and looked like a potential third pairing guy. Not bad.

Teams are looking for goalies and the Habs are currently stuck with three. A boatload from Edmo or NJ for Monty...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:52 pm 
Big in Japan

Slafkovsky and Caufield showed chemistry against a no bueno Sharks team. At least it's promising.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:56 am 
Big in Japan

Six points on the roadtrip, not too shabby. Goaltending has been good.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:24 pm 
Big in Japan

Monty signs a perfectly reasonable 3 year/3.15M AAV extension.

He's the best goalie of the three they have, not even close. Allen and Monty make for a decent tandem in a league with few true number ones. Primeau has potential but sorta the odd man out for now.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:28 am 
Big in Japan

An interesting press conference with Hughes about Montembeault where he didn't give his team much of a ringing endorsement. They've acquired a lot of assets, and now I think he's ready to make decisions on some holdovers and some of his own additions.

This team still needs scoring. Lots of it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:45 pm 
Improvement on the US678 prototype

E.L. wrote:
Monty signs a perfectly reasonable 3 year/3.15M AAV extension.

He's the best goalie of the three they have, not even close. Allen and Monty make for a decent tandem in a league with few true number ones. Primeau has potential but sorta the odd man out for now.

I guess that's a reasonable contract. None of the three goalies instill confidence in me, but I guess he's the best out of the 3 and 3.15 is reasonable for a number one, but really, this team needs a better goalie. They need more goal scoring first, then a better goalie.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1228 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 62  Next