OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:55 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Scratch that, literally...Alzner's ironman streak comes to an end. He'll be in the press box tonight.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:42 am 
Big in Japan

Habs trade F Will Bitten, who will never make the NHL in any meaningful way, to Minnesota for another guy who couldn't crack their Top 6, LD Gustav Olofsson.

Mike Reilly has looked pretty decent since coming to Montreal, so maybe they'll get lucky twice with Wild castoffs.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:45 pm 
Big in Japan

If they make no moves, and for cap reasons there's no reason to think they won't, the roster next season might look like this:

Drouin-Danault-Gallagher
Tatar-Domi-Shaw
Byron-Kotkaniemi-Armia
Lehkonen-Poehling-Suzuki
Deslauriers

Mete-Weber
Reilly-Petry
Kulak-Juulsen

Price

I suspect they'll keep rebuilding the defence and eat Alzner and Schlemko's money if at all possible. Forwards look pretty set, though.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:01 pm 

Top line center Nate Thompson.

Okay then...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:01 pm 
Big in Japan

Haven't updated this in a year. Lineup going into the offseason:

Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Drouin-Suzuki-Domi (line of my own creation)
Lehkonen-Kotkaniemi-Armia
Byron-Poehling-Weal/Evans

Chiarot-Weber
Kulak-Petry
Mete/Romanov-Fleury

Price
Mystery backup/Primeau

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:07 pm 
OTP Clown

My version:

Crap/crap/crap
morecrap/morecrap/morecrap
wholelottacrap/wholelottacrap/wholelottacrap
slowcrap/stonehandscrap/toomanypenaltiescrap

Crapwithcharacter/morecrap
crap/crap
crap/crap

Expensivecrap
crap

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:57 pm 

Anyone think Tartar is back next year lol?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:06 pm 
Improvement on the US678 prototype

BCG wrote:

Anyone think hell is freezing over?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:27 pm 

Scott 679 wrote:
BCG wrote:

Anyone think hell is freezing over?

Lol

I thought they might try again and give him a shot tonight, but clearly, Tartar's agent is on the phone

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:48 pm 
Big in Japan

Tatar had a good run here, but the cap being what it is, he's the odd man out. Armia too, although he remains intriguing.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:34 pm 

E.L. wrote:
Tatar had a good run here, but the cap being what it is, he's the odd man out. Armia too, although he remains intriguing.

Absolutely, and I loved Tatar's time here as he did very well at a time when we needed him. The cap being the cap, he is the odd man out, but am thankful for his time here and still love him a s a player.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:57 pm 
OTP Historian

Scott 679 wrote:
E.L. wrote:

Absolutely, and I loved Tatar's time here as he did very well at a time when we needed him. The cap being the cap, he is the odd man out, but am thankful for his time here and still love him a s a player.

He was a favorite of mine in Detroit. Loved his enthusiam, he just looked like he loved playing hockey.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:31 pm 
Big in Japan

Bosc wrote:
Scott 679 wrote:
E.L. wrote:

He was a favorite of mine in Detroit. Loved his enthusiam, he just looked like he loved playing hockey.

Part of why it will be hard to part with him. Just felt like he embraced being a Hab and that's not always the case. He formed an elite 5v5 line with Danault and Gallagher, but in these playoffs Evans and Lehkonen have been similarly great at a fraction of the price. If Drouin has to go and they bring Tatar back, I would be fine with it, but he's a pretty fearless player and at his size/age a long-term deal is risky.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:45 am 
OTP Historian

E.L. wrote:
Part of why it will be hard to part with him. Just felt like he embraced being a Hab and that's not always the case. He formed an elite 5v5 line with Danault and Gallagher, but in these playoffs Evans and Lehkonen have been similarly great at a fraction of the price. If Drouin has to go and they bring Tatar back, I would be fine with it, but he's a pretty fearless player and at his size/age a long-term deal is risky.

Yeah, he's not shy about getting mixed up in stuff. Only 8 pims this year, though!

He took a bunch of penalties early in his first year as a Hab and I wrote this on twitter:
I like to think it's him being too excited like a puppy for the start of the season and getting in trouble.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:22 pm 

Bosc wrote:
E.L. wrote:

Yeah, he's not shy about getting mixed up in stuff. Only 8 pims this year, though!

He took a bunch of penalties early in his first year as a Hab and I wrote this on twitter:
I like to think it's him being too excited like a puppy for the start of the season and getting in trouble.

I would take him over Drouin. Definitely not missing Drouin in these playoffs or even the season for that matter.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:30 pm 

Scott 679 wrote:
I would take him over Drouin. Definitely not missing Drouin in these playoffs or even the season for that matter.

Funny how there was a lot of mention about the Leafs not playing with Tavares.... but not anything about no Drouin - at least in the GTA. Especially given how much the Habs were starved for offense. :roll: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:19 pm 
Big in Japan

Lukas Vejdemo and Laurent Dauphin come back on two-way deals with 175K minimums. Solid players in Laval who can come up in a pinch. Vejdemo has the wheels and two-way play to maybe be a bottom 6er in the pros. If the Habs don't load up on 4th line vets he might get a bigger chance next season.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:31 pm 

Think Bergevin could trade Drouin to the Kraken for a high draft pick and an agreement to not take Allen? If Allen keeps Price this fresh... I'm not sure I would need much of a draft pick...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:01 pm 
Big in Japan

BCG wrote:
Think Bergevin could trade Drouin to the Kraken for a high draft pick and an agreement to not take Allen? If Allen keeps Price this fresh... I'm not sure I would need much of a draft pick...

There are a lot of goalies available in the expansion draft. With Chiarot/Kulak likely unprotected I'm not so sure Allen is the guy they want to side deal on.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:33 pm 

The Hamburglar Era begins in Montreal (well, in Laval at least).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next