OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: GDT: Kuemper Kuemper
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:28 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Avs come into Minny and have to contend with tired legs, a hot Wylde team, injuries, and fucking ICE TSUNAMIS.

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/national/w ... in-moments

Lineup changes: O'Reilly and Stollery in, Barrie/Holden out, I'm guessing Van der Gulik out as well.

Doubt the Avs pull out a win tonight.

Post subject: Re: GDT: Kuemper Kuemper
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:09 am 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Avs have some bad luck with injuries yet again, but get a crucial win and some help in the standings.

This game was hard to watch. Mike Yeo is in save-my-job mode, and he's doing everything possible to collapse, trap, and clog whatever the opposition's doing. I was wondering how Darcy frickin' Kuemper got a shutout. Easy to do when you have every single Wylde player in front of the net. Seriously, you couldn't see the goalie when the Avs were in the attacking zone.

Thankfully O'Reilly was on his game, and Backstrom wasn't. To be fair, the Wylde were turnover machines in the closing minutes. I still think Ryan Suter is a wildly (no pun intended) overrated defenseman.

Bad news, Paul Stastny hurt his leg and did not return for the 3rd. He's been the Avs' most consistent player this season.

Good news, the Blues, Hawks, and Jets all lost tonight. In addition to the Avs beating a division rival, that's huge. For now, Colorado is in 5th place in the West.