OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:24 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

E.L. wrote:
Already going great in LA. Team does the Bergevin thing by not making him available to the media and now the stink of his decline in Montreal is all over this.

Can't wait until Blake gets the axe and Bergy takes a sledgehammer to everything he's built.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:07 pm 

Not sold on this rebuild. Kings are winning, but in the weakest division in hockey, made even weaker by the recent faceplant by the Vegas Golden Knights.

Kings regularly outshoot their opponents this season but only have the 13th-best offense in the league, and according to their fans, most of their biggest weapons (Iafallo, Kopitar, Kempe, Kaliev, Danault) have all run dry at the exact same time. Quick had a good start but has since put up terrible numbers.

I just don't quite get what Blake is trying to do here. Still searching for a top six center despite several kicks at the can in the draft (if Byfield ain't that guy, hoo boy), still relying way too much on the Old Guard of Kopitar, Quick, Brown, and Doughty. New additions like Edler and Arvidsson also got hurt.

If guys like Byfield and Clarke turn out to be studs, I'm sure I'll eat crow on this, but I'm skeptical.

Also, fix those damned uniforms. Second-worst duds in the league, barely ahead of those awful Ducks kits.

One kid to keep an eye on, Jordan Spence. Defenseman selected in the 4th round in 2019. He was probably the Kings' best player last night.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:23 pm 
Big in Japan

So many surefire prospects are struggling to get over the hump: Anderson-Dolan, Vilardi, Turcotte, Kupari, Thomas. None have really made their mark. They should look into that.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:02 pm 

E.L. wrote:
So many surefire prospects are struggling to get over the hump: Anderson-Dolan, Vilardi, Turcotte, Kupari, Thomas. None have really made their mark. They should look into that.

Fairly surprised about Turcotte. I believe he was the highest player taken off that insanely stacked NTDP team (except, of course, Jack Hughes) and is still toiling in the minors.

Watch Bergy take over and put fellow GNC-guzzler Trevor Timmins in charge.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:00 pm 

Kings lose a nuclear-grade barnburner against Seattle last night, 9-8 (!!!!!) in OT, put Cal Petersen on waivers, and canceled media availability AND practice.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:58 pm 

Legendary scribe Helene Elliott hangs them up, or at the very least ends her amazing run at the Los Angeles Times.

I believe this particular column is not behind a paywall.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/story/20 ... ell-column

I didn't realize her husband died late last year. Obviously that played a part but she also opted for a buyout to save the career of one of her colleagues in the wake of massive layoffs at the LA Times and other news outlets.

Y'all should read it. She was one of very best to do it, and this is an example of some of her finest work.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:14 pm 
Big in Japan

Welp, the PLD gambit has blown up in their faces already. As mentioned in the Boston thread, the story is LA tried to trade Mr. 8.5M cap hit to Boston for Ullmark but the goalie refused to waive his no-trade.

Dubois has 28 points this season, but he's playing less than 16 mins a night and isn't getting the PP time he needs.

If Boston thinks they can fix him, maybe someone else will in the offseason? This story isn't over yet.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:27 pm 

https://twitter.com/spittinchiclets/sta ... _&ref_url=

:laugh: :awesome:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6