OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:27 am 
OTP Historian

No Dustin Brown with Mike Richards?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:47 am 
2 Legit 2 Quit

Av-merican wrote:
Oh my...

Williams - Kopitar - Brown
Ponikarovsky - Richards - Penner
Clifford - Stoll - Richardson
Parse - Fraser - Westgarth

Johnson - Mitchell
Doughty - Greene
Scuderi - Drewiski

That's going to be one very tough team to play against...of course they have yet to sign Doughty but I'm sure they'll figure something out. They don't have a ton of cap room to play with, even with the Smyth salary dump.

I imagine there'll be plenty of Kesler/Richards bouts for years to come, especially if they end up putting the Canucks and Kings in the same division.

It is probably 50/50 at best that Ponikarovsky will be back, from what I saw he had some good stretches but was pretty much a bust in LA.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:27 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

BoscUlrichIII wrote:
No Dustin Brown with Mike Richards?

I was thinking of that, it might be a good idea, but then again I thought Kopitar and Brown have played plenty together so you might not want to break them up. A Richards/Brown/Penner line would be pretty fun to watch though.

In any event I imagine Richards is a dream pickup for Murray.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:31 pm 

Well...Ponikarovsky out, Gagne is in.

Gagne - Kopitar - Williams
Penner - Richards - Brown

That top line probably won't last long, but while it does should be pretty effective. That second line on the other hand will definitely lead the league in hits, PIMs, and suspensions...might even score a few goals too.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:48 am 
2 Legit 2 Quit

Av-merican wrote:

That top line probably won't last long, but while it does should be pretty effective. That second line on the other hand will definitely lead the league in hits, PIMs, and suspensions...might even score a few goals too.

Pretty awesome top 2 lines. Maybe though they reunite Gagne with Richards. Penner had good chemistry with Kopitar when he first game to LA, then lack of effort by Penner seemed to derail it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:12 am 
2003-04 Goalie Profiles Coming Soon!

hammer wrote:
Av-merican wrote:

Pretty awesome top 2 lines. Maybe though they reunite Gagne with Richards. Penner had good chemistry with Kopitar when he first game to LA, then lack of effort by Penner seemed to derail it.

Obviously those injuries didn't help with Penner. Neither did playing for a shitty team for 3 straight years... likely couldn't keep pace as a result despite having good years in Edmonton where he was way better than his teammates.

:steamingpileofcrap:

- Ancient Chinese Proverb

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:10 pm 

Too bad D-Sut had some extra cows to milk, he might've been able to prevent this:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/recap.htm?id=201 ... d=sb:recap

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:48 pm 

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck- ... um=twitter

Rampant speculation that Lombardi will lose his job if the Kings miss the postseason. I imagine even if they do make it and get bounced in the 1st round he's still a goner.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:03 pm 
2003-04 Goalie Profiles Coming Soon!

Av-merican wrote:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/kings-gm-dean-lombardi-fate-tied-trade-deadline-173244941.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Rampant speculation that Lombardi will lose his job if the Kings miss the postseason. I imagine even if they do make it and get bounced in the 1st round he's still a goner.

RFA Holdouts: Dean Lombardi's Achilles Heel.

:steamingpileofcrap:

- Ancient Chinese Proverb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:12 am 

THE TRADE IS WORKING!!! Sonofabitch...

The Kings have now won 3 in a row and are now 29th in team offense (sorry Minny).

Quite telling that the Kings have until just recently had the worst offense in the entire league and still have a +4 goal differential. Quick may not be the Vezina favorite, but man, he at least better be nominated.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:43 pm 

Kings look like a completely different team, in part because of the trade, in part because Dustin Brown is playing some inspired hockey. Hell, they even got a goal out of the Pancake Man last night! :lol:

I can see now why Voynov made JJ expendable. Much better, much smarter defenseman.

On a side note, we never got to see Miro Satan play for the Devils, we will likely never see Marty St. Louis suit up for the Blues, we missed out on Dallas Clark being a Star, but hey, at least there's a guy named Dwight King playing for Los Angeles. :rock:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:08 am 

The Kings have been kinda busy of late, flipping Loktionov for a pick they then parlay for Keaton Ellerby.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck- ... --nhl.html

This is where the failures of Colten Teubert and Thomas Hickey are biting the Kings in the ass now. Eh...at least Teubert snagged the Pancake Man, who IMO is still awesome.

Still early yet, but something definitely seems off about this team, enough so that it has Lombardi making moves...minor ones, yes, but moves nonetheless.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:04 am 

Huh. Didn't realize Jordan Nolan is Ted's son until I saw his face just now.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:19 pm 

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6783 ... l:topheads

Brown negotiates his own (apparently agents are so five minutes ago in Los Angeles) eight-year extension, AAV of $5.875 million.

Too bad they can't use trade rumors to motivate him anymore.

BTW, here's Brown the Agent:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:03 pm 
Big in Japan

Quick out 3-4 months.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:13 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

E.L. wrote:
Quick out 3-4 months.

That's why the Isles aren't waiving Berube- afraid the Kings will claim him back.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:27 pm 
2 Legit 2 Quit

Given up a very un-Kings like 10 goals in the past 2 games. They don't score enough to win games like this. It is either trade for a real goalie or write off the season now. Maybe they half ass a minor upgrade like Pavelec but I don't think that is the solution.

If they trade for a real goalie - who? Pending UFA would be ideal. Despite all the speculation I don't see TBay trading Bishop at this point and LA doesn't have anything they need. Canucks are winning so probably not interested in trading Miller yet, free agent this summer but big cap bite for this year.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:23 pm 

Miller would be a good fit. They do need to let him go before trade deadline and he's not worth the money. And he insists on being on a west coast team to be close to his family. LA would be his preferred choice. But I actually like this idea so Benning definitely wouldn't do it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:11 am 
OTP Historian

Fogghorn wrote:
Miller would be a good fit. They do need to let him go before trade deadline and he's not worth the money. And he insists on being on a west coast team to be close to his family. LA would be his preferred choice. But I actually like this idea so Benning definitely wouldn't do it.

Taking back Dustin Brown for Ryan Miller is a Benning kind of move, though.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:16 pm 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

Bosc wrote:
Fogghorn wrote:
Taking back Dustin Brown for Ryan Miller is a Benning kind of move, though.
In all seriousness - what is Miller's trade value at this stage though?

He's an aging, pending UFA with a huge salary, injury prone who is trying to get moved to a cap strapped club. The Canucks would have to eat salary. I don't think it would work and the Canucks would require another goaltender as a back up plan for Markstrom. The season is young.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next