OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:18 am 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

They should institute a new rule--if you allow both Milan Lucic and Zac Rinaldo to score, game over. You lose.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:04 pm 
Big in Japan

Kupari had his knee destroyed in the WJC. Kings can't catch a break.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:20 pm 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

Quote:
Kupari had eight points in 27 games with the AHL’s Ontario Reign prior to the injury, but now one has to wonder if his first season in North America is now over, ended by the overseas tournament. Fortunately for Kings fans, the team still leads all NHL teams in WJC participants, even with Kupari’s absence.
Found this interesting.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:57 pm 

Current Ontario Reign player Martin Frk won the AHL hardest shot competition with a slapshot over 109 MPH, surpassing the current NHL record held by Zdeno Chara.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:47 pm 

Wow, I was thinking Blake was in big trouble (and maybe he still is) but he's swung some very good trades.

First, snags a 2nd rounder and a highly-touted prospect for rental player Tyler Toffoli from VAN, then deals rental player Alec Martinez to Vegas for two 2nd rounders.

Toffoli is still a really good player, but Martinez by all accounts is well past his prime and entering his 30s. That's a huge overpayment for a d-man, especially one who really doesn't isn't that phenomenal with the puck.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:52 pm 
Big in Japan

Also, Gabe Vilardi has quietly returned from his career-threatening back injury to put up solid numbers in the AHL. They'll go slow with him, but he's back on track.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:42 am 
Big in Japan

1st rounder Alex Turcotte signs, leaves college. Vilardi is up with the Kings and playing well. This rebuild might work, especially if Kopitar and Doughty continue to age gracefully.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:53 pm 

Everyone thought for sure Turcotte, who grew up a Hawks fan, would be selected by the

I saw him live with the rest of that insanely stacked USNTDP team in Lincoln before the draft, while he didn't necessarily stand out the same as guys like Zegras, Hughes, Fensore, Caufield, and Boldy, he still was a factor in all three zones and quietly does everything you want a top-end center to do.

I don't know if the Kings' rebuild-on-the-fly will be successful, but I think they're actually in a tad better shape than the Hawks, which I definitely wouldn't have said a couple years ago.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:22 am 
Big in Japan

Lost in all the placeholder nonsense, the rebuilding LA Kings get their pick of Byfield or Steutzle at 2.

I think they'll pick the latter because they've gone centre heavy in recent drafts (Turcotte, Kupari, a suddenly healthy Vilardi, JAD, Thomas) and they don't have that weird blinder about non-Big 5 hockey country players since they were astute enough to draft Kopitar.

A Steutzle-Turcotte-Kaliyev line would be fun to watch on offence.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:25 pm 

E.L. wrote:
Lost in all the placeholder nonsense, the rebuilding LA Kings get their pick of Byfield or Steutzle at 2.

I think they'll pick the latter because they've gone centre heavy in recent drafts (Turcotte, Kupari, a suddenly healthy Vilardi, JAD, Thomas) and they don't have that weird blinder about non-Big 5 hockey country players since they were astute enough to draft Kopitar.

Not that they should draft Drysdale, but does LA have a legit defensive prospect in the system? I don't think Doughty will be an impact player for much longer.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:43 pm 
Big in Japan

Pokecheque wrote:
E.L. wrote:

Not that they should draft Drysdale, but does LA have a legit defensive prospect in the system? I don't think Doughty will be an impact player for much longer.

Kale Clague was one of those vaunted Canadian World Junior types that in reality was only a modest prospect at best. He's still trying to crack the lineup.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:40 pm 
Big in Japan

RD Sean Walker, a player I know nothing about, signed a 4-year extension at $2.65M AAV.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:06 am 
Big in Japan

The LA Kings are the latest team to hold the Olli Maatta contract hot potato. He was bad in Chicago but supposedly performed well in the playoffs.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:28 pm 
Big in Japan

4x4 for Alex Iafallo.

Better off keeping him in this trade market.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:59 pm 
Big in Japan

Larry Brooks lends credence to the rumour floating around that Marc Bergevin may join Danault and good buddy Luc Robitaille in La La when his contract expires at the end of the season. Even closer buddy Pat Brisson may be involved in this front office as well.

Not sure where that leaves Rob Blake, who's done a decent job with the crap he inherited.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:02 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

In the biggest naming rights contract ever, the Staples Center will become the Crypto.com Arena. 20 year deal.

Will the security team be called the Crypto Keepers?

:rimcrash:

I'll show myself out.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:21 pm 

Crypto Bro Arena. Fitting.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:11 pm 
Big in Japan

Marc Bergevin joins the team. I doubt Rob Blake is going anywhere, so I guess some type of hierarchy where Robitaille and Blake are at the top and Bergevin is more nuts and bolts.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:41 pm 

E.L. wrote:
Marc Bergevin joins the team. I doubt Rob Blake is going anywhere, so I guess some type of hierarchy where Robitaille and Blake are at the top and Bergevin is more nuts and bolts.

Not a coincidence that an extension on Blake was announced practically right after the hiring of Bergevin.

That said, I won't be surprised in the slightest if the Brass in L.A. decides to go in a different direction. Contract extensions don't ensure job security, just ask Ken Hitchcock when he was in Philadelphia.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:08 pm 
Big in Japan

Already going great in LA. Team does the Bergevin thing by not making him available to the media and now the stink of his decline in Montreal is all over this.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next