OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:38 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

By now everyone should know his role in the sexual assault coverup. Scumbag was allowed to coach the Panthers-Bruins game tonight (which the Panthers won, adding insult to injury), but he didn't have to face the media after the game. GM Bill Zito did instead. If Q could be on the bench, why can't he be man enough to face reporters? He's got a 2 pm in-person meeting with Bettman tomorrow. As others have pointed out, Sean Avery was suspended indefinitely just hours before a game for his "sloppy seconds" comment. I think Q's actions, or lack of actions, are far more egregious than Avery's comment. Anyone disagreeing should seriously have their urine tested.

I kind of feel bad for the Panthers. They brought in a guy they thought was a great coach, and likely they had no idea whatsoever about the coverup. So it would suck for them if he were to be banned, like he should be. But at the same time, tough shit. He covered up sexual assault so fuck him.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:01 am 
OTP Clown

So did Toews

He's a sack of shit too.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:42 am 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

This is tough to watch.

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/~2307782

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:34 am 

Stinky wrote:
So did Toews

He's a sack of shit too.

I just saw some of Toews' comments. Soooooo many shit bags in this situation. Kyle Beach has done far more apologizing to the Michigan high school student than the entire Blackhawks org has. They should have way bigger sanctions than a $2 million fine.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:56 am 
OTP Historian

The comments by some players and management(Tippett) have been so fucking bad. deBrincat was 11 when it happened and in a couple of sentences has shown far more understanding of just how bad it is than so many others.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:48 am 
OTP Clown

This should be a barrier to Toews entering the hall of fame.

His response was terrible.

And as someone with training about recognition of someone caught in a lie?

Fucking dude's pants were on fire last night.

Kane's too.

But we expect that from twenty cent.

Captain Canada is terrible.

Again and again we see hockey for what it truly is.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:44 pm 

Totally agree Stink. They should be stripped of the 2010 championship, names removed from the Cup and the club should lose draft picks over the next 10 years for covering it up. They're all pieces of shit. The culture of hockey, insulated, keep it in the locker room, control the narratives bullshit has to stop.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:59 pm 
OTP Clown

Naw.

Keep their names on the cup.

But make the consequences going forward.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:48 pm 

Stinky wrote:
Naw.

Keep their names on the cup.

But make the consequences going forward.

I disagree because that punishes people on the team now, not the guilty parties of yesteryears. They should put a black line over the 2010 engraving. Black hockey tape. Whatever. Just cover those assholes. Even the guys like Sopel and Boynton, who are saying it now, didn't say shit for 11 years. Where were they? They didn't want to disrupt team chemistry... At whose advice? Q. He needs to go. Meeting is soon. I hope it's shorter than Bettman, but I doubt it will be. He'll probably listen to Q drone on and on about how he didn't know. Bettman won't want to ban the coach with the 2nd most wins of all time, who is only behind the father of the GM who resigned yesterday for the same situation.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:12 pm 
Old Man of the Post

Wow. Just catching up to this. And I disagree. Calling them shitbags is an insult to true shitbags.

I hope that this gives others the courage to step forward.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:27 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

It sounds like they'll be removing Brad Aldrich's name, but I don't think they should.

If you remove Aldrich's name, you should also remove Slava Voynov's. And Bobby Hull's. And all the other unsavory, awful people who made it on there.

No, I say keep it on there, let every fan, player, and staffer who sees it be reminded of how horribly everyone in hockey failed Kyle Beach and the other survivors of Brad Aldrick.

Let Aldrich's name stain the NHL's legacy forever. It's what they all deserve. And in a way it's what we deserve too.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:18 pm 

Reading on twitter that Q is out and they're bringing in Torts. He might be a dick but at least he's never been part of an assault scandal. That we know of.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:34 am 

Not Torts, but Andrew Brunette as an interim coach. I was pissed at first that Q was allowed to resign, but some people have pointed out that if he was fired the Panthers would owe him like $20 million, so I guess I'm glad he resigned. Although I think all contracts should carry some opt-out clauses for teams based on behavior like this.

Bettman said that if Q should ever want to work in the NHL again, he'd need to have a hearing prior to being allowed. I like that. It's the least they could do. No really. It's the least they could do. I hope the NHL makes some major changes going forward in how they handle any sort of allegations.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:37 pm 
Old Man of the Post

Pokecheque wrote:
It sounds like they'll be removing Brad Aldrich's name, but I don't think they should.

And if they removed Aldrich's name, can they put in Kyle Beach in its place?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:56 pm 

Pokecheque wrote:

If you remove Aldrich's name, you should also remove Slava Voynov's. And Bobby Hull's. And all the other unsavory, awful people who made it on there.

No, I say keep it on there, let every fan, player, and staffer who sees it be reminded of how horribly everyone in hockey failed Kyle Beach and the other survivors of Brad Aldrick.

Let Aldrich's name stain the NHL's legacy forever. It's what they all deserve. And in a way it's what we deserve too.
It's a symbolic gesture more than anything. The narratives will remain regardless of whether his name is on there or x'd out. I say strip them of the 2010 Cup. Now that would let every fan, player and staffer be reminded of how horribly everyone in hockey failed Kyle Beach and the other survivors of Brad Aldrich. I know it will never happen.