OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:54 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

http://www.nhl.com/ice/preview.htm?id=2 ... sb:preview

VS.

Well, I guess since it was Scott Mellanby killing a rat with his stick that began the craze, might Panthros fans be inclined to throw little stuffed Vokouns onto the ice every time they score a goal now?

This is one of those games I could see the Avs dropping like a sack of wet laundry. Andy faces his old mates for the first time. Ballard faces the team that once held his rights for the first time. All kinds of juicy storylines...

I really hope the Panthros don't break out those lame 3rd jerseys.

By the way, wouldn't have ever expected this from an NHL.com preview:

Quote:
Here's a team that is so frustrated guys are actually bashing their own teammates in the head. OK, not funny.

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:12 pm 

Seriously, if your team has a player who needs a hat trick, just wait until you play the Avs. They'll give you one. :fffffuck:

Seriously...we're not even done with the fucking 2nd period and the Panthros have 33 shots!?!?!?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:22 pm 

Way to go, Ballard. You've now managed to take out two goalies in two games. Any sympathy I once had for you is now gone.

I agree with McNab. Bring back the pegs.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:37 pm 

What a wild, crazy finish. Avs down 5-3 in the 3rd, Chris Stewart, basically our only scoring RW left, gets ejected after Bryan Allen takes a run at Matt Duchene, the Avs manage to come back and score two after pulling the goalie, Ballard rams his shoulder into Anderson's head with less than a minute to go in OT, leaving Peter Budaj to stand in for the shootout. No one scores until the fifth round. Weiss gets one by Budaj and it ends up being enough.

A hat trick and shootout winner for Stephen Weiss. Anyone who had him in their FH lineup should be pretty pleased.

Given the fact that the Avs were all but dead halfway through this one, I'll take the point quietly.

If Anderson is seriously injured we are beyond fucked.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:00 am 
Big in Japan

I caught the third period of this game at a local watering hole. Fuck, Ballard is a crazy mofo.

And the 'Lanche are good, but I couldn't tell any of their forwards apart. Adam Foote is still playing WTF? I was wearing my CSU sweater, I think I gave them good luck, except for the whole not winning part.