OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 413 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:13 am 

I just looked, EL started this "The Oilers are Blowing it" thread in 2013. I almost feel sorry for them, but then I start to giggle. :P

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:20 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Fogghorn wrote:
I just looked, EL started this "The Oilers are Blowing it" thread in 2013. I almost feel sorry for them, but then I start to giggle. :P

Given how many #1 overall picks they've squandered, screw them.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:58 am 
Big in Japan

I know hockey is a team game, but at a certain point the only conclusion that can be drawn is that Connor McDavid is a loser.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:10 am 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Pretty sure Ken Holland has failed to address any of the issues plaguing the Oilers upon his arrival. They needed better goaltending, better defense, and more depth up front. Nothing has improved. NOTHING.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:35 am 

They do have a PDO of 93.6%, lowest in the league, almost as extreme as the Canuck's 109.9.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:37 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

E.L. wrote:
I know hockey is a team game, but at a certain point the only conclusion that can be drawn is that Connor McDavid is a loser.

I'd send any 3 Islanders forwards in exchange for that loser.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 5:02 pm 
King of Men

Pokecheque wrote:
Pretty sure Ken Holland has failed to address any of the issues plaguing the Oilers upon his arrival. They needed better goaltending, better defense, and more depth up front. Nothing has improved. NOTHING.

We have a job down here for him. Its called President! :rimcrash: Woodcroft needs to go NOW but I guess tomorrow will work.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:53 pm 
Big in Japan

Since July:

Connor's Agent -> Oilers CEO

Connor's Jr Linemate -> Oilers UFA splash

Connor's Jr. Coach -> Oilers Head Coach

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:37 am 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Yep, this is Connor McDavid's team through and through, Kenny Holland is no longer the GM, and I imagine he retires at season's end in favor of another figurehead/bean counter.

Not letting Holland off the hook here, he did plenty to screw things up all on his own, but his power in the organization has been blunted to a large degree in favor of Jackson, et al.

If McDavid does indeed go elsewhere he can't possibly say the Oilers didn't do everything possible to appease him.

That presser was absolutely ridiculous BTW. Just drove the point home that Holland and Jackson aren't at all on the same page.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:38 pm 

Since changing coaches this team has been on a huge tear. They've set a Canadian team record with 13 consecutive wins. Stuart Skinner is playing perhaps the best of his career. Most worrisome is that they have given up the fewest high danger chances of any team in the NHL since they've changed coaches. This team is playing good defense. Well a lot of that is from puck domination so the puck is not in their end very often, can't expose a weak defense if they don't have to defend.

Of all the teams in the west they are the most worrisome. Not only have they already dug themselves out of that deep hole when they were tied for worst with San Jose after 11 games. They look like they should quite easily end up in 3rd in the west and might even climb to first overall if either the Jets or Nucks slip even a little from their .700+ winning percentages.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:02 pm 
Big in Japan

Corey Perry joins up after whatever happened in Chi. Does that mean they'll lose in the finals?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:06 am 
Big in Japan

Connor Brown scored his first goal of the season in his 55th game. When he finally got the monkey off his back, the Edmo crowd gave him a standing o. You love to see it, hockey players are people too!

https://twitter.com/zjlaing/status/1768 ... omE6w&s=19

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:10 pm 
OTP Historian

I still rememer Sheahan scoring his first and second goals of the 16-17 season in his 80th game, the last of the season, and his second goal was the last one scored at the Joe.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 413 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21