(Generation III)
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A rant for the ages
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:32 pm 
2003-04 Goalie Profiles Coming Soon!

http://www.coppernblue.com/2011/4/10/21 ... -post-game

Quote:
20th Star: the Edmonton Oilers, for their almost overt contempt for their fans. Going on about how this is the first year of the rebuild even though we have been rebuilding since before I could legally drink? Going on about change and then firing the training staff while jeopardizing careers by refusing to upgrade your God-awful ice because that might distract from that new arena you want? Having the orchestrated group of sycophants we mockingly call the mainstream Edmonton sports media line up on bended knees in front of one of the NHL's worst goaltenders to proclaim him the team MVP, while ringing in an era of "Oil Change" by signing the same useless players to the same indefensible contracts while letting the same decent building blocks get away to the same smarter teams for no return?

It's not all good times for the Oilers (BUY A MINIPACK!). But, mere days before concluding yet another season in the worst spell any Alberta sports team has ever had, the Oilers brain trust was before the Edmonton city council asking for money for a rink. Having thoroughly proven they can't run a hockey team, they have the utter shamelessness to backhandedly threaten to move this bunch of useless players to some other city if we don't buy them a new House That Suck Built. What's the worst that could happen, all the Oilers' best and most likable players will wind up in another city? Wait, that already happened, and that city is "Los Angeles".

I hate this organization. Which is okay, because I'm confident this organization hates me. I don't buy tickets, I don't buy merchandise, I'm not even an Alberta tax payer. I am just some guy who desperately wants to see them win games. So, judging by their sense of priorities, I am the least important person on this planet.

GOIL KINGS!

:steamingpileofcrap:

- Ancient Chinese Proverb

Post subject: Re: A rant for the ages
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:29 pm 
Promoted from Lt. Chaos

Nice.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:51 pm 
OTP Historian

Isn't Edmonton supposed to have some of the best ice in the league?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:09 pm 
2003-04 Goalie Profiles Coming Soon!

BoscUlrichIII wrote:
Isn't Edmonton supposed to have some of the best ice in the league?

It's been riding on its laurels, and in recent years it's noticeably deteriorated.

:steamingpileofcrap:

- Ancient Chinese Proverb

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:34 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

That line about Dustin Penner was awesome. :lol:

Unfortunately I'm betting the stupid-asses who are on the receiving end of this rant will pick Ryan Nugent-Hopkins for all the wrong reasons.