All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:38 pm 
Loves The Cock

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=304329

:siren:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:19 pm 
Promoted from Lt. Chaos

:wth:

Gratuitous Internet Hockey Forum Conspiracy Theory: Maurizio is actually a die-hard Flames fan and regular contributor to Flames internet boards and is playing up the Oilers players legitimate shock at being overcharged at his establishment. His version of events is believable until he gets to the part about the player allegedly swigging the brandy straight from the bottle. No way. Oilers ALWAYS use snifters. ALWAYS. :eng101:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:52 am 
Flamer who Likes to Ride Rough

Real classy boys.....not like those overpaid, under-performing pricks can't afford it.

If they had 45 people there like the article states then the original bill was about $400 per person. If you're going to drink your face off in an upscale restaurant on New Year's Eve, that can happen quite easily.

New GM, new coach, how about some new players?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:36 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

If I were Tambellini I'd see about trading the tab for Shawn Horcoff. I'm sure he could wash a dish or two.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:52 pm 

DH wrote:
Real classy boys.....not like those overpaid, under-performing pricks can't afford it.

If they had 45 people there like the article states then the original bill was about $400 per person. If you're going to drink your face off in an upscale restaurant on New Year's Eve, that can happen quite easily.

New GM, new coach, how about some new players?

Let's not throw the players completely under the bus. While the monumental tab is entirely plausible, I have to question the motives of the owner when he's asking $1000 for an interview. Sounds like the Globe and Mail might not be the only people he's overcharged.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:55 pm 
King of Men

Captain Chaos wrote:
:wth:

Gratuitous Internet Hockey Forum Conspiracy Theory: Maurizio is actually a die-hard Flames fan and regular contributor to Flames internet boards and is playing up the Oilers players legitimate shock at being overcharged at his establishment. His version of events is believable until he gets to the part about the player allegedly swigging the brandy straight from the bottle. No way. Oilers ALWAYS use snifters. ALWAYS. :eng101:

yeah....I'll bet he's on Calgarypuck......something doesn't smell right about this story. These guys obviously have the money to pay whatever the bill was. Convenient way to drum up advertising for his restaurant.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:54 pm 
Promoted from Lt. Chaos

Out of curiosity I went to Cal Puck and they have a thread on the whole story and it's well worth taking a look at as it contains a lot of local insight especially by posters that have dined at the establishment in question. Though they have no love for the Oil, most pointed out some glaring issues with the restaurant owners side of events and subsequent actions to the point where I don't think there is much credibility to it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:46 pm 
Loves The Cock

and no matter what they make, players are entitled to go have a nice dinner at a decent establishment and not be ripped off... without ripping them off you're still making a good profit, ass... just because you make seven figures doesnt mean you arent entitled to recognize when you're being screwed as a consumer and defend yourself...

now if only they'd fight that hard for each other ON the ice...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:10 pm 
Rebel Sell + Moneyball = Life

Heh, now the restauranteur might be in trouble for serving drunken players...

Alberta's liquor commission is investigating a high-end Calgary Italian restaurant for allegedly serving too much alcohol to the NHL Edmonton Oilers during a New Year's Eve bash.

Neil Hoffman, a spokesman for the Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission, said an anonymous tipster has accused staff at Osteria de Medici of continuing to serve the Oilers even after they were obviously drunk.

And to prove he's a class act:

Canadian Press wrote:
CTV is reporting that Terrigno asked it and The Globe and Mail for money to do more interviews.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:06 pm 
2 Legit 2 Quit

Captain Chaos wrote:
Out of curiosity I went to Cal Puck and they have a thread on the whole story and it's well worth taking a look at as it contains a lot of local insight especially by posters that have dined at the establishment in question. Though they have no love for the Oil, most pointed out some glaring issues with the restaurant owners side of events and subsequent actions to the point where I don't think there is much credibility to it.

I looked at the thread at Calpuck briefly, it was worth it for this gem:

Quote:
" It's probably the first article I've read since the lockout that included both 'Oilers' and 'underpaid' in it."

:laap:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:29 pm 

Just love this picture...