OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 314 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:48 am 
Offline
Big in Japan
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:37 am
Posts: 10659
Location: 'Real City
Pokecheque wrote:
Looks like Jesse Puljujarvi got tired of waiting. Signs a deal to return to Finland and play once again for Karpat.

He may try the NHL at a later date...but pretty sure it's safe to say, even at this point, that he's a bust.


Some grumblings that Bergevin was interested, and the Habs are a good landing spot for Finns right now. Would imagine he didn't offer much, though.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:48 am 
Online
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:37 am
Posts: 21705
I'm reading he has a December 1st NHL out-clause, so he could still yet return this season...but I wouldn't bet on it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:50 am 
Offline
Big in Japan
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:37 am
Posts: 10659
Location: 'Real City
Pokecheque wrote:
I'm reading he has a December 1st NHL out-clause, so he could still yet return this season...but I wouldn't bet on it.


Oil are in the driver's seat. Let him go back and improve his stock. If he plays well, you still have his rights and either you mend the bridge, or you deal him for something more than you'd get now.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:04 pm 
Online
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:37 am
Posts: 21705
If they're lucky, someone steps up with a 2nd rounder. I BET it'll be Vancouver.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:19 pm 
Offline
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:40 pm
Posts: 2509
Pokecheque wrote:
If they're lucky, someone steps up with a 2nd rounder. I BET it'll be Vancouver.
Doubt it. They have too many forwards already and need to shed cap space.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:28 pm 
Online
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:37 am
Posts: 21705
Logical Progression wrote:
Pokecheque wrote:
If they're lucky, someone steps up with a 2nd rounder. I BET it'll be Vancouver.
Doubt it. They have too many forwards already and need to shed cap space.


But Uncle Jim looooooooooves draft busts. Where there's a will, there's a way. I have faith in him. :viking:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:33 pm 
Offline
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:40 pm
Posts: 2509
Pokecheque wrote:
Logical Progression wrote:
Pokecheque wrote:
If they're lucky, someone steps up with a 2nd rounder. I BET it'll be Vancouver.
Doubt it. They have too many forwards already and need to shed cap space.
But Uncle Jim looooooooooves draft busts. Where there's a will, there's a way. I have faith in him. :viking:
Easy for you to say, you hate the Canucks.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:22 pm 
Online
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:37 am
Posts: 21705
Logical Progression wrote:
Easy for you to say, you hate the Canucks.


Not really. My hate for them essentially died along with Todd Bertuzzi's career. I came to really like them under Vigneault, and I'm a big fan of Boeser and Pettersson (and I'm sure I will be of Hughes in due time). Just because I think their GM and the guy who pays him are doofuses doesn't mean I technically *hate* them. The only player I care nothing for on that roster is Buckshot-Brain Jake. I will admit though it'd be amusing to see GMJB

I don't really "hate" any sports franchises anymore. I don't care much for the Wylde for obvious reasons, but even then there are players (and a coach) I like on that team. But in my middle age I've tried very hard to just look for good hockey no matter where it comes from. My POV changed radically in 2016-17 when the Avs went through their mega-swoon and completely ruined an entire year of hockey for me. I swore I'd never let that happen again. I'm kind of a whore when it comes to hockey allegiances these days. :laugh: Avs are still my favorite obviously, but I'm a hockey fan before I'm an Avs fan.

Of course, I'm careful what I wish for...I think the Canucks and Oilers have something in common in that the core of talent on the roster is so good, all it'd take is a marginally competent GM to just quit hamstringing the organization with overpriced and mediocre talent, and they'd take off. That would, of course, make things just a tad harder for the Avs to make headway in their quest for a Cup. :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:14 pm 
Offline
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:40 pm
Posts: 2509
Pokecheque wrote:
Logical Progression wrote:
Easy for you to say, you hate the Canucks.
Not really. My hate for them essentially died along with Todd Bertuzzi's career. I came to really like them under Vigneault, and I'm a big fan of Boeser and Pettersson (and I'm sure I will be of Hughes in due time). Just because I think their GM and the guy who pays him are doofuses doesn't mean I technically *hate* them. The only player I care nothing for on that roster is Buckshot-Brain Jake. I will admit though it'd be amusing to see GMJB

I don't really "hate" any sports franchises anymore. I don't care much for the Wylde for obvious reasons, but even then there are players (and a coach) I like on that team. But in my middle age I've tried very hard to just look for good hockey no matter where it comes from. My POV changed radically in 2016-17 when the Avs went through their mega-swoon and completely ruined an entire year of hockey for me. I swore I'd never let that happen again. I'm kind of a whore when it comes to hockey allegiances these days. :laugh: Avs are still my favorite obviously, but I'm a hockey fan before I'm an Avs fan.
:lol: Yeah me too actually. The trivialities of team allegiances become far more apparent with experience and age. The 2011 Canuck run and aftermath taught me that. And as for the incompetence of GM's getting in the way - 100%. I'd say it's unfortunately more the norm than the exception in the NHL these days. I mean one could argue that the Eriksson gaff singlehandedly set the franchise back two years, to make no mention agreements like Sutter, Guddy, Beagle, Roussel the list goes on. You've got a keeper in Sakic though. Although it took him a few kicks to the shin to figure it out he's stayed true to the path and not compromised assets when he sees value. Tough gig any way you slice it. Buckshot and Puljujarvi are ostensibly the same miscalculation. Big talent and size but nothing upstairs -- and ill advised systems in place to groom an asset. Now that I've said that watch Jake go pot 20+ this year. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:22 am 
Offline
Big in Japan
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:37 am
Posts: 10659
Location: 'Real City
Oilers add bottom-6er Riley Sheahan on a one-year deal.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:32 pm 
Online
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:37 am
Posts: 21705
E.L. wrote:
Oilers add bottom-6er Riley Sheahan on a one-year deal.


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:29 pm 
Offline
Big in Japan
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:37 am
Posts: 10659
Location: 'Real City
https://twitter.com/ReidWilkins/status/ ... 55524?s=19

:haha:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:09 pm 
Online
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:37 am
Posts: 21705
Yikes. Adam Larsson gets put on LTIR and Even Bouchard gets the callup.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:26 pm 
Offline
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:40 pm
Posts: 2509
The Oil have 1.5 good lines but little else. They spent extended periods running around in their own end last night and were badly outplayed by a pretty average Canuck lineup. Should be an interesting season for them. Kassian looked good last night. We'll see how long it lasts.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 314 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group