OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:17 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

I walked in from practice and turned the game on. As the picture came into view I heard “to Larkin, he scores! 3-1 Detroit” and I turned it off.
Just saw it’s 5-1. This seems like the Isles throwing in the towel. Fuck those guys. Good game by the Red Wings.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:20 pm 
OTP Historian

Isles started to make a game of it in the 3rd.

Pokecheque wrote:
Totally unrelated--if you ever listen to the 32 Thoughts pod, Elliotte Friedman has the most awkward pronunciation of "Detroit" possible. It always comes out "Detrow-it" and it clearly drives Jeff Marek nuts. I am assuming that's just a Friedge thing and not a Canadian thing.

I wonder if he's just doing it because of what it does with Marek. I definitely don't pronounce it like that :lol:

I haven't been watching much hockey lately so I can't comment much with any kind of authority. One weird thing though is that Rasmussen seemed to have PP-inflated numbers going into his draft year where his pick was regarded as a suprise where it was and he seems to be a defensive/PP wizard now. His counting stats aren't high but his 5-on-5 numbers are fantastic.

I'm right about Larkin though...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:53 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Isles usually manage to make it interesting. It's like the Jack Capuano era all over. Suck for 50 minutes, then have a big push, get the score close enough to keep the last few minutes interesting-ish, but shit the bed on points gained.

Congrats to the Red Wings. I hope they make the playoffs.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:40 pm 
OTP Historian

Realized this morning that that graphic was wrong. It accounts for 45 games but Larkin has played 54.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:07 pm 
OTP Historian

This latest loss was huge. The Caps jump over the Wings with a game in hand. At least the Wings got a point.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:13 pm 
OTP Historian

Wings survive a solid 4 minutes in the back half of 3rd where they couldn't get the puck past center, Petry saved the game on the goal line, and beat Tampa 4-2 to remain tied in points after 75 games but with 2 less games to play than Washington. Philly sits 1 point up in their division with one less game to play.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:04 pm 
OTP Historian

Ouch. Things aren't looking great after losing in regulation to the Caps. Wings had some great chances and really came out strong but not enough finish. :x

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:37 pm 
OTP Historian

OT loss to Pens.

Come out to an incredible start against the Leafs with a 4-1 lead after the 1st period. Then the rest of the game gave me 2012-2013 2nd round against the Hawks up 3-1 flashbacks where they kept running out of gas and eventually lost the series. However, Kane makes up for his 6 minutes in high sticking penalties to set up Larkin with the game winning tip-in.

Edvinsson's goal was an absolute beauty. I've seen him make a couple of bad pinches but that play was fantastic.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:40 pm 
OTP Historian

The season ends on a down note even as the Wings make yet another comeback and win, with Washington taking the final playoff spot.

I didn't think they would make the playoffs and then they had a really good shot until an ugly losing streak with Larkin out(2 losses to Arizona) and a loss in they key game against the Capitals. That's the season. :x :(

So close to breaking the playoff drought and not awesome positioning in the draft.

Seider, despite some struggles this year under enormous weight of the competition he faced, played every game on his ELC and had over 200 blocks a hits this year, for what that's worth. Raymond had a fantastic end to the season becoming the first winger to lead the team in scoring since Shanny.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:18 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

My concern if I'm a Red Wings fan is the disconnect between GM and coach. Something is definitely wrong there, I'm not sure how you fix it. But you simply cannot run it back like this again next year.

Kane is likely gone, so that's good news. IMO he's a luxury item that doesn't do a ton to help your team win at this stage of his career. He's also a horrible human being, so addition by subtraction and all that.