OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 10:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:38 am 
OTP Historian

What season is it now? I've lost track.

Wings blow 2 separate leads against the repeat champs Tampa Bay and lose in OT. Bertuzzi with 4! 3rd year in a row the Wings have had a 4-goal game(Manth in 19-20 and Vrana last year).

Larkin drilled from behind and came up swinging, got tossed.

Seider with two assists and Raymond with his first point as well after making the team out of camp. Seider will have some work to do in his own zone from what I saw in the first game, but a small sample for a young kid.

Leddy will be leaned on heavily I think, which will ease up things on Hronek, who was beaten down last season with really tough minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:13 am 
King of Men

ok...I am tired of this team sucking now. I would like to see the Wings have some success!

Last nights game was entertaining but ended up being a Leafs moment. Tyler Bertuzzi out of the box scoring his 4th goal.....people in the stands having a great time.....Wings pot another and go up 6-3 for their second 3 goal lead of the game. Queue the ensuing melt down both in the stands and on the ice....as the Wings somehow lose 7-6 in OT to the Lightning.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:22 pm 
Distinguished Gentleman of OTP

It's the most wonderful time of the year. The regular season starts tonight in Detroit. The opponent is the 2x defending Stanley Cup Champions, the Tampa Bay Lightning. Thanks, NHL. Detroit had two, three-goal leads but ended up losing in OT, 7-6. Bertuzzi had 4 goals on the night. Larkin got the boot in the 2nd period for throwing a sucker punch at Mathieu Joseph, who had just boarded him with a cross check from behind. Larkin lost a large part of the end of last season to a Jamie Benn cross check to the neck. On a better note, the Red Wings brought back 9 former captains including Alex Delvecchio, Red Berenson, Henrick Zetterberg, Steve Yzerman, Nick Lidstrom and Mickey Redmond in a pre-game ceremony along with Dylan Larkin.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:03 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Oh, I think I'm okay with the Wings sucking for another season or two. They're going to benefit from doing so anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:30 pm 
OTP Historian

Merged the two topics. I don't think Skip and I each need our own :)

Wings were salty after Larkin got hit from behind and got a deserved one-game suspension for the reaction punch. The game in Vancouver had plenty of shenanigans and Greiss stole one with the Wings coming out 3-1 on top.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:30 pm 

T. Bertuzzi scoring force!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:05 pm 
Distinguished Gentleman of OTP

Bosc wrote:
Merged the two topics. I don't think Skip and I each need our own :)

Wings were salty after Larkin got hit from behind and got a deserved one-game suspension for the reaction punch. The game in Vancouver had plenty of shenanigans and Greiss stole one with the Wings coming out 3-1 on top.

Perfectly fine with me, Jeff. My mouse crapped out and I couldn't delete mine after I saw yours had been previously posted.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:37 am 
OTP Historian

Lucas Raymond buries his first and the Wings dominate the Jackets, though it was only 2-1 before a couple of empty netters.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:03 pm 
OTP Historian

Raymond becomes the second Red Wings teenager after Stevey Y to bury a hat trick. 3rd since Howe and Yzerman with a 4-point night. The Wings continue the Hawks' string of misery and futility of not having a single lead this season.

Kid's not afraid at all of shooting. 4-3-7 on the year in 6 games to lead rookies in scoring.

Idiot Bertuzzi the last unvaxxed player in the league. Wings lost to Montreal without him in the lineup.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:04 am 
OTP Historian

Wings recover from a 2-0 deficit against the Caps to win 3-0 in OT with Larkin scoring the winner from Raymond and Seider. Those two are just so poised with the puck on their sticks.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:16 pm 

Bosc wrote:
Wings recover from a 2-0 deficit against the Caps to win 3-0 in OT with Larkin scoring the winner from Raymond and Seider. Those two are just so poised with the puck on their sticks.

They're so good they're erasing Ovechkin goals!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:46 pm 

With all the hype surrounding the two rookies I literally forgot that Filip Zadina still plays for the Wings. How has he looked?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:28 pm 
Old Man of the Post

Pokecheque wrote:
With all the hype surrounding the two rookies I literally forgot that Filip Zadina still plays for the Wings. How has he looked?

Seider and Raymond are the two that stood out for the Wings in the one game I saw them play against the Canucks. The only reason I paid any attention to Zadina was that I remembered he was picked ahead of Huggy.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:58 am 
OTP Historian

Pokecheque wrote:

He may not reach the high ceiling that everyone thought he had when he got drafted, but he should still be a good player. He's made some good plays when I've seen him but I haven't watch enough to give a good assessment.

Wings beat the Oil 4-2 last night. I didn't watch but during one of the replays in the 2nd, the Wings were outshooting the Oil 22-9 :shock:

Mo got his first in OT, a really nice one, and then an empty-netter last night. I love watching him at the blue line with the puck. No panic to his game, makes really nice plays.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:26 pm 

Seriously if I ever get enough money to buy an NHL team, first thing I'm doing is sitting every single goalie and goalie coach in the organization down and scream in their ears DO NOT LEAVE THE FUCKING CREASE. EVER!!!!!!

Like you better be Marty goddamned Brodeur if you even think about playing the puck. If you're not on that level, then stay the hell between the pipes.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:36 am 
OTP Historian

Wings lose to Dallas and Larkin is pulled mid-game after testing positive for COVID.

Sounds like just what he needed after he was away from the team for personal reasons :x :(

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:58 am 
OTP Historian

So Larkin then tested negative after getting pulled. Great :roll:

Apparently the Wings came out flying against the Knights, didn't capitalize and then gave up a couple in the first on their way to a 5-2 loss.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:26 pm 

Bosc wrote:
So Larkin then tested negative after getting pulled. Great :roll:

Apparently the Wings came out flying against the Knights, didn't capitalize and then gave up a couple in the first on their way to a 5-2 loss.

Shocking--the testing technology available in Texas is light years behind everyone else.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:19 pm 
OTP Historian

Unvaxxed boy into the COVID protocols, now.

Lucas Raymond keeps scoring.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:16 pm 

Move Zadina to the 4th line, he scores.