OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:00 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Really thought it was going to be a beer league goalie makes NHL debut night.

Pretty much that alone kept it interesting after the 1st.

Bernier hung tough though.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:05 am 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

They should’ve just put in the emergency goalie. What have you got to lose? Bernier was clearly not ready to play.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:01 am 

Well if the plan was to tank, the Wings are doing it WITH FLOURISH.

They somehow have a negative goal differential of -50 in 28 games. As Iyer pointed out on Twitter, that takes a whole lot of crap play, bad luck, and awful goaltending.

They won't eclipse the 2016-17 Avs because...that's impossible...but it's pretty clear they'll be in good shape for Lafreniere come draft time.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:03 am 

Quote:
UPDATE: The #RedWings have acquired goaltender Eric Comrie from the Arizona Coyotes in exchange for defenseman Vili Saarijarvi.

Apparently GMSY was not havin' it with these goalies anymore.

Here's my question: Why doesn't Toronto make a move like this?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:26 pm 

Madison Bowey must be having a pretty brutal season. Usually if a guy's a RHD with size, skating, and puckmoving ability, he's got some trade value and you wouldn't dare try sneaking him through waivers.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:56 pm 

Wow. 12 in a row, all in regulation. 0 out of a possible 24 points in that stretch.

I don't think it will happen, but the Wings are on pace to eclipse the 2016-17 Avalanche's 48-point mark.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:54 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Saw that with Montgomery, 4 NHL coaches have been fired since the Wings last won a game. That has to be some sort of record.

Sorry Bosc & RW. I know how these times feel. Been through it many years.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:40 pm 
OTP Historian

Chris18 wrote:
Saw that with Montgomery, 4 NHL coaches have been fired since the Wings last won a game. That has to be some sort of record.

Thanks but I don't expect any sympathy, that's for sure. We had a huge run of sustained success with 4 Cups. It couldn't last forever.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:30 pm 

Bosc wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

Thanks but I don't expect any sympathy, that's for sure. We had a huge run of sustained success with 4 Cups. It couldn't last forever.

Again, I know how it feels. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:15 pm 
OTP Historian

Chris18 wrote:
Bosc wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

Yeah I guess so! :lol: How old were you when they were winning?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:06 am 

Bosc wrote:
Chris18 wrote:
Bosc wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

Yeah I guess so! :lol: How old were you when they were winning?

Too young to take it all in! I remember the 3rd and 4th Cups though- I was 7 & 8 respectively. I didn't think I knew what hockey was for 1 & 2, but I remember watching the 1980 Miracle game, and I was 5 for that. Not sure if I just don't remember 1 & 2, or if my father didn't bother watching it. I was playing hockey by #4 though, going to the rink with my Isles knitted hat, being hated by all the local Ranger fans.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:50 pm 
OTP Historian

There have now been 0 coaching changes since the Red Wings won a game!

Zadina gets sent down, brought up, scores his first in a 3-point effort. Dude had a CF% and xGF% above 50% despite being on a horrendously bad team in the middle of a giant winless streak. Should be up permanently.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:17 pm 

Bosc wrote:

Zadina gets sent down, brought up, scores his first in a 3-point effort. Dude had a CF% and xGF% above 50% despite being on a horrendously bad team in the middle of a giant winless streak. Should be up permanently.

Avs fans are unified in happiness that the Wings ended their winless streak in style against the Winnipeg Jets.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:18 pm 

Bosc wrote:

It would be great if someone made a sign for this, like one of those "We've been accident free for 21 days!" signs you see in warehouses, etc.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:28 am 
Big in Japan

Jonathan Bernier looked like Dominik Hasek against the popgun Habs. When the Habs invariably end up one or two points in/out of the playoffs, we'll all look back on these two losses against the Wings and laugh.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:11 pm 
OTP Historian

Chris18 wrote:
Bosc wrote:

It would be great if someone made a sign for this, like one of those "We've been accident free for 21 days!" signs you see in warehouses, etc.

I'm too lazy to maintain that on here...

I didn't even notice until yesterday that Frans Neilsen has one single point on the season, an assist on a Luke Glendening shorthander. :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:37 am 

Bosc wrote:
I didn't even notice until yesterday that Frans Neilsen has one single point on the season, an assist on a Luke Glendening shorthander. :shock:

Wow. Seriously?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:29 am 

Bosc wrote:

They pointed that out on the Isles' broadcast when they played. Isles fans love Frans and want to see him succeed. Poor guy.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:27 am 
OTP Historian

Seriously. I looked at the list of top scorers on the team. The other night Bowey was 2nd in D points, 8th in team scoring. After he was waived. Then he scored a goal and an assist.

We knew they'd be bad but this is ludicrously bad. Someone pointed out that the team is below replacement level. That was before Zadina was up, I believe, and he's been one of the best players since his callup.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leag ... 42020.html

Larkin hasn't been able to maintain his level of play from last year because on a team like this, who could? He was a frigging machine.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:48 pm 

Yup, it just drags everyone down. A team sporting the likes of MacKinnon, Duchene, Johnson, Barrie, and Landeskog isn't necessarily good, but it should never have been record-setting bad. At some point you're just going through the motions.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next