OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 12:52 am 
Distinguished Gentleman of OTP

Tom and I started talking about this possibility the other day in regards to Steve Yzerman adding Tampa Bay players to the Red Wings. I believed that was unlikely now but that some front office changes might be in the offing. Yzerman has already brought Pat Verbeek into the fold from Tampa Bay. I wondered who in the Red Wings front office might follow Ken Holland to Edmonton. Below is an article which lists some possible front office personnel who might be inclined to follow Ken Holland to Edmonton. I would really hate to lose these guys but in cases like Kris Draper, I would understand his position. The ones I'd hate to lose the most would be our capologist, Ryan Martin, Director of Amateur Scouting, Tyler Wright and Chief European Scout, Hakan Andersson. I would hate to lose the other guys too but I get it that when you get a change like this, there is going to naturally be some front office shakeup.

https://www.mlive.com/redwings/2019/05/who-from-red-wings-might-join-ken-holland-in-edmonton.html

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:09 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Spector reporting that Tyler Wright is following Holland to Edmonton, thought I don't believe it's in the same position.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:39 pm 
Distinguished Gentleman of OTP

I have a link to an article that details the front office shakeup that appears to have started. Tyler Wright is out and it looks like Kris Draper is taking his place as Director of Amateur Scouting.

https://www.mlive.com/redwings/2019/07/tyler-wright-out-as-red-wings-amateur-scouting-director.html

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:42 am 
OTP Historian

It isn't suprising to lose some guys to Edmonton. Andersen would stink to lose but Yzerman had a pretty great track record with European drafting/development with Tampa. But Anderson's been around a really long time, dating to his time with Jimmy D and the Illitches when Holland was just starting post-playing career.