OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:51 am 
OTP Historian

Well, no blowout but a 1-0 loss to Washington and then a 3-2 loss to Calgary.

Mantha scored a beauty.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:47 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Umm. Why no Nielsen in the shootout vs Buffalo??? He's got the best SO %, like, ever.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:51 pm 
OTP Historian

Well, Jimmy Howard has been enjoying his best season since 2012-2013 and what must be one of the best 12-game stretches of his career, went down to a 7-day IR injury. That really blows. This has been what has derailed his past 3 seasons. He gets into a rhythm, gets hurt, sometimes gets back into it and other times simply can't. Hoping that he returns to this season's form when he's back. Mrazek has struggled this season.

Smith and Bertuzzi just got hurt. Larkin had a scary moment last game but it appears that it was one of those temporary lose all feeling in your leg moments.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:50 am 
OTP Historian

Wings beat Dallas 3-1 on the strength of the PP and Petr Mrazek. Getting outshot 17-3 in the 3rd period with a 2-1 lead is a really bad way to try to hold a lead, guys.

Mantha scored again. Apparently the team is doing well with him on the ice, getting beat handily in shot attempts with him off of the ice.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:07 pm 
OTP Historian

Oh yeah. Jurco is back, played well and hit a post, because Jurco. Even on the Corsi.

Mantha was by FAR the best Wings Corsi at 12f/4a in 10 minutes of ice. Tatar at +2, Ott and Jurco at 0 the only players who stayed out of the minuses.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:46 am 
Distinguished Gentleman of OTP

Bosc wrote:
RW wrote:
Bosc wrote:
Helm is out for a couple of months with a shoulder injury and Athanasiou is out 10-14 days. Vanek isn't expected tonight. Bertuzzi got called up again.

Caps tonight. Feels like it could be a blowout of the Wings.

Very much so.

Skip, are you planning on going to any games this season?

Only two, Jeff. I went to the November 26 game against Montreal and I'll be going to the March 11 game against Chicago. I am now 60 years old and I just don't have the energy or the desire to go much anymore. Every game is covered on TV and I have a new 65" 4k HD TV. The couch doesn't cost $170 a seat and I don't feel much like driving 120 miles round trip or boozing it up anymore. I still go to hockey games but now it's either a Flint Firebirds or a Soo Greyhounds OHL game.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:04 am 
OTP Historian

RW wrote:
Bosc wrote:
RW wrote:
Bosc wrote:
Helm is out for a couple of months with a shoulder injury and Athanasiou is out 10-14 days. Vanek isn't expected tonight. Bertuzzi got called up again.

Caps tonight. Feels like it could be a blowout of the Wings.

Very much so.

Skip, are you planning on going to any games this season?

Only two, Jeff. I went to the November 26 game against Montreal and I'll be going to the March 11 game against Chicago. I am now 60 years old and I just don't have the energy or the desire to go much anymore. Every game is covered on TV and I have a new 65" 4k HD TV. The couch doesn't cost $170 a seat and I don't feel much like driving 120 miles round trip or boozing it up anymore. I still go to hockey games but now it's either a Flint Firebirds or a Soo Greyhounds OHL game.

Yup, makes sense for sure. Are you still selling tickets for your friend?

Wings had a 3-1 lead against Pitts and blew it in the 3rd losing 5-3 in Jared Coreau's first NHL start.

They beat the Isles 4-3 in OT. Mike Green nearly had his second hat trick of the season but it was called back due to goalie interference. Looking at hockey-reference, the only defenseman to be credited with multiple hat tricks in the same season since 87-88 is Wendel Clark(88-89,91-92 and 93-94) and we know that he wasn't playing defense. I wonder if Paul Coffey did it at least once before 87-88.

Mantha-Tatar-Zetterberg has been absolutely dominant. The rest of the team hasn't.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:47 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Bosc wrote:

They beat the Isles 4-3 in OT. Mike Green nearly had his second hat trick of the season but it was called back due to goalie interference. Looking at hockey-reference, the only defenseman to be credited with multiple hat tricks in the same season since 87-88 is Wendel Clark(88-89,91-92 and 93-94) and we know that he wasn't playing defense. I wonder if Paul Coffey did it at least once before 87-88.

I read that and wondered when Wendel played D. :lol:

Coffey might have. Orr possibly?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:20 am 

Bosc wrote:

For the most part, no. I am just referring folks to his Stub Hub account. If you and Anam wanted to go I'd still be willing to get a pair for you.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:39 pm 
OTP Historian

RW wrote:
Bosc wrote:

For the most part, no. I am just referring folks to his Stub Hub account. If you and Anam wanted to go I'd still be willing to get a pair for you.

Thanks, appreciate the offer although it is looking unlikely that I'll make it to the Joe again.

Comeback win against the Jets after an awful first period to win in the shootout. Promising: A dominant 3rd and OT when tied 3-3. Bad: Several breakaways given up.

PSA: Mantha is awesome.

http://www.wingingitinmotown.com/2016/1 ... ving-in-it

The point about him grabbing loose pucks is on point. He gets to those pucks quickly and has a tremendous reach. He's also already looking around to see where to go with it before he gets there.

Howard returning from the IR.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:38 pm 
OTP Historian

Drop one to CBJ in reg and then Philly in OT. Jimmy didn't miss a beat in his first start since he returned from injury. AA is back in the lineup.

Oullet gave it to Raffl pretty good after what looked like a blindside hit on Ott that looked like one of those "He just ran into my shoulder as I was skating by" that Raffl appeared to brace for and lean into.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:31 am 

Bosc wrote:
Drop one to CBJ in reg and then Philly in OT. Jimmy didn't miss a beat in his first start since he returned from injury. AA is back in the lineup.

Oullet gave it to Raffl pretty good after what looked like a blindside hit on Ott that looked like one of those "He just ran into my shoulder as I was skating by" that Raffl appeared to brace for and lean into.

That Philly OT loss really pissed me off.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:28 am 
OTP Historian

RW wrote:
Bosc wrote:

Nice goal in OT by Schenn. What the fuck was Glendening doing out in OT? He's been better this year than I've given him credit for(Miller and Ott have been the black holes), but he shouldn't be seeing the ice in OT AT ALL.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:46 pm 

Bosc wrote:
RW wrote:
Bosc wrote:

Nice goal in OT by Schenn. What the fuck was Glendening doing out in OT? He's been better this year than I've given him credit for(Miller and Ott have been the black holes), but he shouldn't be seeing the ice in OT AT ALL.

Blashill and Holland appear to be on the hot seat here in Detroit. Blashill more than Holland.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:51 am 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

I agree Blashill's overuse of Glendening is curious to say the least, but you gotta admit tonight against the Kings his move in the corner to shake the defender and then dish to the slot to set up the goal was pretty sweet. I'd say it was Sakic-esque, but I imagine Yzerman did stuff like that too.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:12 pm 
OTP Historian

Av-merican wrote:
I agree Blashill's overuse of Glendening is curious to say the least, but you gotta admit tonight against the Kings his move in the corner to shake the defender and then dish to the slot to set up the goal was pretty sweet. I'd say it was Sakic-esque, but I imagine Yzerman did stuff like that too.

Had to look it up. Holy what a backhand pass that was.

Here's a really nice one from Vanek to Oullet last night. Wings beat the Ducks 6-4 with Tomas Tatar getting his first hat trick.

https://www.nhl.com/video/ouellets-goal ... c-47503203

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:32 pm 
OTP Historian

Wings at Canes last night postponed due to ice issues. :?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:46 pm 
Big in Japan

Bosc wrote:

Can't remember the last time this happened. There was the plywood thing in Florida, but they kept playing.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:52 am 
OTP Historian

E.L. wrote:
Bosc wrote:

Can't remember the last time this happened. There was the plywood thing in Florida, but they kept playing.

Oh look. Because of the Carolina Cockup at PNC arena, the Wings get to play 3 games in 3 nights in late March, 4 days in 5 days and 5 games in 7 nights.

You're telling me that that's the best you could do, NHL? Seriously? This is obviously an isolated incident but if you can't put ice in your fucking building, the visiting team shouldn't take it in the ass later on for it.

Jimmy is out 4-6 weeks now. So it goes for him :x :(

Coreau got his first win via the shootout, with the Wings coming back from 3-1 to take it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:33 am 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

I thought that was not allowed in the CBA. Surely the PA will have something to say about that.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next