OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:28 am 
OTP Historian

Comeback complete against the Jets after a disastrous first period. Ericsson comes out of the box, chases someone behind the net and takes both him and Quincey out. Dano free in the slot buries a one-timer. Then Myers walked around Zetterberg and went blocker on Mrazek. Mrazek stopped Stafford on a breakaway. Then I had to stop watching and the Wings came back to win. Larkin, of course Ericsson on a bounce and Abdelkader with the winner.

Man Ericsson is having a really fucking rough time. There is no reason for him to be in the lineup right now over Smith and Marchenko.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:46 pm 
Distinguished Gentleman of OTP

He is quickly joining my list of the big guy, who's really a giant pussy, hall of shame along with Keith Primeau and Willie Huber. All came with very high expectations but never fully realised their projected high status, despite their size, because they seemed to dislike the physical aspect of the game. The were / are our team's, Ferdinand the Bull.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:12 pm 
OTP Historian

RW wrote:
He is quickly joining my list of the big guy, who's really a giant pussy, hall of shame along with Keith Primeau and Willie Huber. All came with very high expectations but never fully realised their projected high status, despite their size, because they seemed to dislike the physical aspect of the game. The were / are our team's, Ferdinand the Bull.

Here is where I will actually stick up for him, Skip :) He was drafted last overall! What expectations are there for a guy drafted lastl? Primeau and Huber went 3rd and 9th overall so I don't feel that it's fair to lump hin in with those guys(Primeau I get but Huber was before my time). Maybe he didn't become what we eventually thought he could be but hey. He was a last overall pick who's played 463 games and 70+ playoff games. That's incredible. Maybe more physicality would have been nice(people always want that out of the big guys no matter how much it is or isn't part of their game) but he has certainly been willing to stick up for teammates in the past(he might have actually gotten injured in a fight too).

Unfortunately he's 32 years old, in decline, making mistakes and getting paid too much now. Recipe for a whipping boy, that's for sure.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:04 pm 

Bosc wrote:
RW wrote:

Here is where I will actually stick up for him, Skip :) He was drafted last overall! What expectations are there for a guy drafted lastl? Primeau and Huber went 3rd and 9th overall so I don't feel that it's fair to lump hin in with those guys(Primeau I get but Huber was before my time). Maybe he didn't become what we eventually thought he could be but hey. He was a last overall pick who's played 463 games and 70+ playoff games. That's incredible. Maybe more physicality would have been nice(people always want that out of the big guys no matter how much it is or isn't part of their game) but he has certainly been willing to stick up for teammates in the past(he might have actually gotten injured in a fight too).

Unfortunately he's 32 years old, in decline, making mistakes and getting paid too much now. Recipe for a whipping boy, that's for sure.

Jeff, my reasoning behind calling him a pussy is that in a recent game I was watching, I don't remember which one, he gave a good clean check along the boards. A guy on the other team dropped the gloves and grabbed Ericsson. Ericsson fuckin' turtled. That's the end for me. Get rid of the guy.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:09 pm 
OTP Historian

RW wrote:
Bosc wrote:
RW wrote:

Jeff, my reasoning behind calling him a pussy is that in a recent game I was watching, I don't remember which one, he gave a good clean check along the boards. A guy on the other team dropped the gloves and grabbed Ericsson. Ericsson fuckin' turtled. That's the end for me. Get rid of the guy.

I hate seeing meatheads going after guys for clean hits but yeah you do want to see your own players defend themselves.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:13 am 
OTP Historian

Big game tonight against Philly. Wings up by 3 points but Philly have two games in hand. Wings 1 point behind Pitts. DET getting a regulation win would be huge.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:18 am 

Bosc wrote:
Big game tonight against Philly. Wings up by 3 points but Philly have two games in hand. Wings 1 point behind Pitts. DET getting a regulation win would be huge.

Fuckin' Wings.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:40 pm 
OTP Historian

Good result against CBus.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:27 am 
OTP Historian

Down 3-1 against the Panthers and they end up winning 5-3.

AA played 6 minutes. Way too little.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:29 pm 
OTP Historian

:chris18: :x

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:40 am 
Big in Japan

A depleted Habs lineup almost came back down 4 to the Wings last night. Didn't watch the game, but I noticed Mantha scored.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:31 am 
OTP Historian

After a massive stinker against Buffalo, the Wings hold on for a 3-2 win over the Sabres. Unfortunately, Philly keeps pace and are tied in points with a game in hand.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:38 am 
OTP Historian

Wings face Philly Wednesday and Boston on Thursday. Big games for playoff implications. Carolina beating Boston tonight would be massive.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:59 am 
OTP Historian

Boston picked up a single point last night against Carolina. Det(3 games left), Philly(4) and Boston(2) all tied in points at 91. Detroit has the ROW tiebreaker against both. Time to win some games if they want to make it in.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:02 pm 

Bosc wrote:
Boston picked up a single point last night against Carolina. Det(3 games left), Philly(4) and Boston(2) all tied in points at 91. Detroit has the ROW tiebreaker against both. Time to win some games if they want to make it in.

Expect the worst, hope for the best. Truthfully, I did not even buy 1st round playoff tickets this year.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:02 am 
Big in Japan

Wow. Big shutout win over the Flyers.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:13 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Props to the NHL schedulers for tonight's game! Shame it isn't Game 82 for both teams, but 81 is pretty damn good.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:31 pm 

Beep, Beep, Beep, Beep,.........the sound of Detroit backing into the playoffs.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:50 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

RW wrote:
Beep, Beep, Beep, Beep,.........the sound of Detroit backing into the playoffs.

:lol: They're in and the streak is alive. All that matters.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6