OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:45 pm 
OTP Historian

Nyquist filed for arbitration as well, so no offer sheets.

Ferraro signed a 2-way deal with an NHL salary of 600k.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:22 pm 
OTP Historian

Nyquist is signed and it puts the Wings about $500k over the cap. Jurco and Pulkkinen still need deals.

Datsyuk(ankle) or Franzen(concussions) could start the year on the LTIR. Unless a trade is made.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:51 pm 
OTP Historian

Generalfanager.com says that the Wings are 500k over the cap. They include Andy Miele($575,000) who will be in Grand Rapids. They also include Ouellet($670,000) and Marchenko($666,666) who I believe are both still on ELCs. Having all three of those guys down to start the season would give them $1,410,457 in space for Jurco and Pulkkinen's contracts. I think Pulkkinen doesn't have to clear waivers but I think Jurco is out of waiver skips.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:14 am 
OTP Historian

Mitch Callahan signed on a 1 year($600k NHL salary) 2-way deal.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:06 pm 
OTP Historian

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nhl/r ... /30466693/

Pulkkinen gets $735,000 for one year. Excellent.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:37 am 
OTP Historian

Jurco signs for two years. $900k cap hit.

http://www.wingingitinmotown.com/2015/7 ... -red-wings

Hoping for a big development year from Jurco next season with the numbers to show for his efforts, which he didn't have this past season. Good possession numbers with the worst forward linemates on the Wings.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:38 am 
OTP Historian

Apparently the Wings are now at the 50-contract limit WITHOUT DAN CLEARY!

http://www.generalfanager.com/teams/detroit-red-wings

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:01 pm 
Distinguished Gentleman of OTP

Bosc wrote:

Cleary was a Babcock choice. I kind of expect to see him in a coaching / scouting position due to the rumoured Detroit promise to him when he had a Philadelphia contract in hand but took the Red Wings one year deal instead. Last year Detroit gave him another year. This will be the 3rd year. I'm not sure if the Philly contract was guaranteed for the whole three years. If Detroit promised him three years they'll likely find something for him in the organization.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:09 pm 
OTP Historian

RW wrote:
Bosc wrote:

Cleary was a Babcock choice. I kind of expect to see him in a coaching / scouting position due to the rumoured Detroit promise to him when he had a Philadelphia contract in hand but took the Red Wings one year deal instead. Last year Detroit gave him another year. This will be the 3rd year. I'm not sure if the Philly contract was guaranteed for the whole three years. If Detroit promised him three years they'll likely find something for him in the organization.

There are no option years on NHL contracts, so if it was for 3 years then they were guaranteed.

You're right that they might find him something in the org like player development or scouting. If they do find him something, it won't be some crazy position that will pay him millions, nor can they pay him millions to do a job which would normally be 100k or something(I'm not saying that this is what you're suggesting, Skip. People have said that the Wings could do this to fulfil a promise rather than signing him to a SPC). It would be a blatant violation of CBA rules. You can't defer salary by overpaying players in org positions once they retire. There's no way the Wings try to do that. It'd be flat out fucking stupid.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:24 pm 
Distinguished Gentleman of OTP

Bosc wrote:
RW wrote:
Bosc wrote:

There are no option years on NHL contracts, so if it was for 3 years then they were guaranteed.

You're right that they might find him something in the org like player development or scouting. If they do find him something, it won't be some crazy position that will pay him millions, nor can they pay him millions to do a job which would normally be 100k or something(I'm not saying that this is what you're suggesting, Skip. People have said that the Wings could do this to fulfil a promise rather than signing him to a SPC). It would be a blatant violation of CBA rules. You can't defer salary by overpaying players in org positions once they retire. There's no way the Wings try to do that. It'd be flat out fucking stupid.

I wasn't sure what the Philly contract contained so I did not want to overstate it's provisions. As I said in an earlier post I did not think the Red Wings would re-sign Cleary in any playing role. He's past his use by date. I don't know what Detroit promised him vis a vis the Philly contract that he turned down to return to Detroit two years ago. I was merely saying the Detroit Red Wings, as run by Illitch, Devellano and Holland, are huge on keeping their word and they will do everything in their power to fulfill their promise to Cleary. It won't be as a player but, as you said, they will find gainful employment for Cleary within the organization.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:47 am 
OTP Historian

RW wrote:
Bosc wrote:
RW wrote:
Bosc wrote:

I wasn't sure what the Philly contract contained so I did not want to overstate it's provisions. As I said in an earlier post I did not think the Red Wings would re-sign Cleary in any playing role. He's past his use by date. I don't know what Detroit promised him vis a vis the Philly contract that he turned down to return to Detroit two years ago. I was merely saying the Detroit Red Wings, as run by Illitch, Devellano and Holland, are huge on keeping their word and they will do everything in their power to fulfill their promise to Cleary. It won't be as a player but, as you said, they will find gainful employment for Cleary within the organization.

Yup, if they made some kind of promise to him, they'll do something. As you said, it shouldn't be in a playing role.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:31 pm 
Big in Japan

Dan Cleary re-signed to a one-year deal. Thought he had already retired.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:39 pm 
OTP Historian

:lol: :x