OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 1:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:11 am 
OTP Historian

http://redwings.nhl.com/club/app

Open the season at home against the B's. Heavy division schedule to start: Bruins,Ducks,Bruins,Leafs,Leafs,Habs

Skip, are you selling row 1s and 2s again this season?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:39 pm 
Distinguished Gentleman of OTP

Bosc wrote:

I don't know yet Jeff. I got stiffed by some buyers and I have to cover the loss for my buddy so I may just put you in contact with my buddy directly.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:20 pm 
OTP Historian

RW wrote:
Bosc wrote:

I don't know yet Jeff. I got stiffed by some buyers and I have to cover the loss for my buddy so I may just put you in contact with my buddy directly.

Man, that sucks Skip, sorry to hear that. Close friends?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:12 am 

No acquaintances. No big deal except it's making me want to be even less involved in going to Red Wing games. The TV looks so inviting and the lack of travel is just really tempting.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:30 am 
OTP Historian

Roster moves. Mitch Callahan, Landon Ferraro and Kevin Porter put on waivers to get sent down to GR.

Nick Jensen, Alexey Marchenko, Nosek and Pulkkinen have been sent down but do not have to clear waivers.

Ouellet and Nestrasil are still up on the big roster. It sounds like this camp has been a big leap forward for Nestrasil after 3 years with Grand Rapids and Toledo(ECHL).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:23 pm 
OTP Historian

Ouellet and Mrazek sent down. Both really should be on the team.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:48 pm 

Bosc wrote:
Ouellet and Mrazek sent down. Both really should be on the team.

They'll get more playing time in Grand Rapids.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:54 pm 
OTP Historian

Babbles wanted Ouellet, but also says that disagreements at the start of the year are nothing new. He specifically mentioned Nyquist, who should have been on the team at the start of last year.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2014/10/08/ ... bE.twitter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:13 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Bosc wrote:
Babbles wanted Ouellet, but also says that disagreements at the start of the year are nothing new. He specifically mentioned Nyquist, who should have been on the team at the start of last year.

Wasn't Babcock's insistence on re-signing Cleary (which included an unwritten promise to re-sign him AGAIN this year despite a terrible season) the biggest reason at to why Nyquist didn't start with the team in 2013?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:35 pm 
OTP Historian

Av-merican wrote:
Bosc wrote:

Wasn't Babcock's insistence on re-signing Cleary (which included an unwritten promise to re-sign him AGAIN this year despite a terrible season) the biggest reason at to why Nyquist didn't start with the team in 2013?

I don't know whose insistence it was. Samuelsson and Bertuzzi shouldn't have been on the roster either.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:39 pm 

Bosc wrote:
I don't know whose insistence it was. Samuelsson and Bertuzzi shouldn't have been on the roster either.

Well, according to this, it was Babs:

Quote:
Babcock pushed hard for Cleary's return, leading to a one-year deal at $1.75 million. Along with that came with a verbal agreement the Wings would take care of Cleary this summer.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:51 am 

Av-merican wrote:
Bosc wrote:

Well, according to this, it was Babs:

Quote:
Babcock pushed hard for Cleary's return, leading to a one-year deal at $1.75 million. Along with that came with a verbal agreement the Wings would take care of Cleary this summer.

When the choice comes down to a youngster or a veteran, Babcock almost always chooses the veteran.

Detroit did not resign Cleary until some more attractive UFA targets this summer turned them down and Cleary became the known least evil versus the unknown evil.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:04 pm 
OTP Historian

Weiss, Cleary and Lashoff be sitting tonight. Weiss hurting or sucking, either is bad. There is no way he should be sitting for Andersson, or Glendening, no matter how much sandpaper and likeability Glen brings.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:00 pm 

Bosc wrote:
Weiss, Cleary and Lashoff be sitting tonight. Weiss hurting or sucking, either is bad. There is no way he should be sitting for Andersson, or Glendening, no matter how much sandpaper and likeability Glen brings.

From what I'm reading, it Nostilsil or whatever the fuck his name is who is playing in Weiss's stead.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:23 pm 
OTP Historian

Wings take two against the Leafs over the weekend, 4-1 and 1-0 wins. Zetterberg with 4 apples in the first game and the winner in the 2nd game. Franzen and Jimmy out of the 2nd game. Weiss drew in and played ~8 minutes, and Babcock sounded happy with his play. The kid line has generated some chances and posts, but only have 1 goal to show for it so far. The secondary scoring should come, especially when Datsyuk returns.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:14 am 
OTP Historian

Fuck the stupid shootout.

Jimmy's awesome though.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:37 am 
OTP Historian

5-0 win over the Jackets with goals from Jurco, Sheahan and Helm. Nice.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:13 am 
OTP Historian

Fuck yeah Tatar! 4-3 win over the Jets after going down 2-0 and 3-2. Mrazek with the win between the pipes.

I only saw the first, but a couple of observations I posted elsewhere:

I only saw the first period, but even in that period Tatar looked like he was going to make something happen. He was flying, he was getting mixed up with guys and giving some hacks to the Jets. I will never get tired of watching that guy play. His enthusiasm is just awesome.

Was the puck polarized to the Wings’ sticks in the first period? Seemed like they were whiffing on pucks all over the place.

When watching Lidstrom play, he used to take these routes that would felt counter-intuitive to me when I saw them happen, but they always ended up being the right move. Ouellet took a route on one play last night that immediately reminded me of those. Babcock already had him out on the PK. I’m excited to see this kid full-time.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:08 pm 

Still astounded how little faith people had in Jimmy. He was a pretty low-round pick in every fantasy draft I took part in. And I'm pretty sure he's been more reliable than guys like Lundqvist and Rask.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:44 pm 

Av-merican wrote:
Still astounded how little faith people had in Jimmy. He was a pretty low-round pick in every fantasy draft I took part in. And I'm pretty sure he's been more reliable than guys like Lundqvist and Rask.

I'm fine with Jimmy. He has at times gone on spectacular runs, such as the Red Wings last playoff run through the Western Conference a couple of years ago. He took the top two seeded teams, each, to 7 games and damn near got us into the Conference Finals. Last year he was not prepared mentally or physically to improve to the next level and we barely made the playoffs and got routed by the B's in the first round. To his credit, Howard, worked very hard this past summer to come into the season in great physical condition. We really worked hard on his inner core muscles and it shows. He has really played fantastically, so far, this year. Detroit fans are doing their typical shit and bitching about the goaler. It has been said for ages that the two toughest positions to play, in Detroit professional sports are, quarterback for the Lions and goaltender for the Red Wings. The guys who play those positions are always under intense scrutiny here. A lot of Red Wing fans wouldn't be happy until Detroit exhumed Terry Sawchuk and played him in net. They even bitched about Hasek when he was here. Osgood, Vernon, Cujo and others all received the same crap. Some of us are knowledgeable enough, thanks OTP, to recognize that Howard has been doing a really good job this year. It's too bad we lost Gustavsson to injury but it will give Mrazek some time in the NHL.