OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:11 am 
OTP Historian

Pretty dominant effort to start the season with a 25-shot first period against Montreal.

Ned throws up a beauty against NJ for a 5-2 win.

Larkin with some Captain shit to prevent an empty netter that allowed Detroit to get a point forcing OT. No hook, no trip, just beautiful.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:39 pm 
Distinguished Gentleman of OTP

It's a nice start to the season.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:41 am 
OTP Historian

Got their asses absolutely handed to them last night by Buffalo.

Kubalik and Larkin seem to have some chemistry.

My home(away) Seider jersey has arrived from https://hockeyauthentic.com/

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:30 pm 
OTP Historian

Wings come out of the weekend with 4/4 points. Husso shuts out the Isles and Ned has a great recovery game winning 3-2 in OT. Raymond is scoring again and Seider's picking up points.

The Kubalik signing looks absolutely genius right now.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:39 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Jesus, poor Matt Luff. Gets a puck in the face, requiring 16 stitches. And in the first game since taking off his protective mask, gets his kisser rammed into the boards by Juraj Slafkovsky, who rightfully got kicked out of the game (and also suspended two more). Now he's undergone surgery and will be out 10-12 weeks.

You don't Luff to see it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:39 am 
OTP Historian

Pokecheque wrote:
Jesus, poor Matt Luff. Gets a puck in the face, requiring 16 stitches. And in the first game since taking off his protective mask, gets his kisser rammed into the boards by Juraj Slafkovsky, who rightfully got kicked out of the game (and also suspended two more). Now he's undergone surgery and will be out 10-12 weeks.

You don't Luff to see it.

Jesus, that's some brutal luck right there :(

Wings lost that game to the Habs 3-2 in the shootout and Allen totally deserved the extra point. I joined Erik's live blog halfway through the second. Detroit was gifted a ton of PP chances but didn't do anything with it. Too predictable trying to feed the Perron one-timer and Raymond attempted cross-crease passes to Kubalik.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:08 am 
OTP Historian

Wings get off the shneid and beat the Sharks 7-4. Seider with his first.

Jonatan Berggren with 3 points in 4 games since his callup.

Bertuzzi is back off of the IR.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:30 am 

The Red Wings just came off, a primarily West Coast road trip with a 2 - 1 - 1 record while taking 5 out of 8 points for the first time in a long time. I really can't remember the last time they did something like this. It must be close to a decade. Anyway, they are in the 1st Wild Card position in the Eastern Conference with a 9 - 5 - 4 record. Realistically I don't think they can sustain this level of play but it's fun to watch Red Wing hockey again. The past 7 to 8 years have usually had the Red Wings out of contention by the end of October. The Yzerplan is coming into focus.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:05 pm 
OTP Historian

That stick heel redirect pass by Seider was ridiculous. Looked like magic.

https://twitter.com/RyanHanaWWP/status/ ... 1902071808

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:32 pm 
OTP Historian

Wings are suffering a lot of losses and injuries. Hronek got absolutely destroyed by Reaves and took the arm and ice to the head but is practicing, which is incredible and hopefully not reckless. Maata is practicing and Larkin is skating in a non-contact.

Vrana is on the ice now and hopefully gotten the help he needs.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:53 am 

Haven’t watched the Wings much but I noticed Mo Seider’s numbers, both scoring and underlying, have fallen off a cliff. Couldn’t figure out why until I read this.

https://twitter.com/agretz/status/16055 ... hxR4cWahXw

Why otherwise smart hockey minds continue to insist guys like Chiarot and Gudbranson are actually good at defense when they are in fact mediocre depth guys will continue to baffle me.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:10 pm 
OTP Historian

Pokecheque wrote:
Haven’t watched the Wings much but I noticed Mo Seider’s numbers, both scoring and underlying, have fallen off a cliff. Couldn’t figure out why until I read this.

https://twitter.com/agretz/status/16055 ... hxR4cWahXw

Why otherwise smart hockey minds continue to insist guys like Chiarot and Gudbranson are actually good at defense when they are in fact mediocre depth guys will continue to baffle me.

Everyone knows this. It's fucking dumb as hell and infuriating.

Maata and Seider could be a top pairing in the league.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:16 pm 
OTP Historian

I was expecting the Wings to get absolutely crushed by Tampa after Tampa's severe beatdown at the hands of the Leafs the night before. Well, the Wings won 7-4.

Dylan Larkin, man. One 3-game stretch and one 2-game stretch without a point this year. That's it.
https://www.nhl.com/player/dylan-larkin ... n=20222023

Rasmussen was looking to give him the hat trick goal with an empty net and Larkin waved him off.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:50 pm 
OTP Historian

Threw on my Seider jersey to go over to my Pens fan neighbour's place to watch Wings-Pens last night. Saw it was 4-0 after 1 on the way there. Well, that was a hell of a comeback :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:40 pm 

Best comeback win for the Red Wings since 1984 against Pittsburgh. Then the Red Wings go and try the same routine in Buffalo last night but the comeback falls short and they drop the game 6-3.

https://eu.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2022/12/30/red-wings-stage-furious-rally-again-but-fall-short-in-buffalo-6-3/69764445007/

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:42 pm 
OTP Historian

The Wings waive Vrana after a less-than impressive conditioning stint.

Whatever it is that he ended up in player assistance for, they don't seem to be willing to see if he can become a contributor again. Really strange.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:25 pm 

Bosc wrote:
The Wings waive Vrana after a less-than impressive conditioning stint.

Whatever it is that he ended up in player assistance for, they don't seem to be willing to see if he can become a contributor again. Really strange.

Apparently Vrana did not enter the Assistance program of his own volition--the Red Wings made him go. That's not good.

Guess that ends up being a change-of-scenery type of trade that ends up not working out on either side. Mantha has become a total non-factor in Washington as well. It's a shame because Vrana is extremely talented. Maybe things can be salvaged there but I doubt it.

My question is what Yzerman does with Larkin. It's not a gigantic setback if Larkin doesn't re-sign but I don't think he should let it get as far as he let it go with Stamkos. If Larkin ain't re-upping, might be wise to flip him at the deadline.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:22 am 
OTP Historian

Vrana's back up after a better stretch down in Grand Rapids. 3 game win streak ruining draft position.

We are going to the game on the 25th against Tampa as a delayed 40th birthday present. First one in the new barn. Skip, how are you and Joanne doing?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:31 pm 

As much as I would love to get together with you and Anam we're just not physically up to coming down at this point in time. Next time though, definitely.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:39 pm 

I don't know how much of a return Vrana will get, but he'll garner interest. His underlying numbers are near-elite, just gotta hope whatever off-ice issues have been plaguing him, he's worked to put that behind him.