OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:28 am 
Distinguished Gentleman of OTP

The Red Wings are still tormenting the Blues. We can't beat Florida but we can usually beat St. Louis which is weird.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:12 am 
OTP Historian

11-0-2 against the Central this season.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:52 am 
OTP Historian

Shitting the bed here.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:12 pm 

I'm past shitting the bed. I'm up to picking it up and throwing it at the walls. Fucking goalers.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:36 pm 
OTP Historian

RW wrote:
I'm past shitting the bed. I'm up to picking it up and throwing it at the walls. Fucking goalers.

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:18 pm 
Big in Japan

Thanks for beating the Bolts. Please beat them again in the first round.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:40 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

RW wrote:

1 roll of TP says they beat the Isles today, causing me to have a similar shit-fit.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:02 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Great defensive game here!

:roll:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:06 pm 
OTP Historian

Wings doing the opposite of the past two seasons and struggling down the stretch. Tied with Boston in points and ROW, 3 games remaining and 2 points up (lin reality 3 points because they have the ROW tiebreaker) on Ottawa.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:11 pm 

I really don't think they are going to make it. They are playing ok in spurts but the goaltending is suspect no matter who's playing. I'm ready to say let the streak end. We won't go anywhere in the playoffs anyway, playing like we are now. Get a higher set of draft picks and try to keep Babcock around which I know will be more difficult with not making the playoffs but my hope is he'll look at his other option, the cluster fuck known as the Leafs, and stay put. He really has it pretty good here in Detroit and Illitch will overpay to keep him here.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:24 pm 
OTP Historian

With where they are in the standings, missing vs. making the playoffs likely won't make a big difference in their draft position. Max what, 3 or 4 draft spots depending on how the standings shake out in the final 7 games? Moving from the 15th to 18th or 19th at best? I'll take making the playoffs with a crack at the Cup with this roster for that.

However, I am ok with the Wings missing the playoffs on one condition. But the odds of that happening would be 1-2%.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:36 pm 
2003-04 Goalie Profiles Coming Soon!

I'm pretty sure Babcock will have many more options than the Wings and Leafs if he went UFA.

:steamingpileofcrap:

- Ancient Chinese Proverb

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:43 pm 

saskhab wrote:
I'm pretty sure Babcock will have many more options than the Wings and Leafs if he went UFA.

He probably will. But Detroit is a great situation for a coach. You've got an owner who is willing to make him the best paid coach in hockey. You've got a GM / Ownership structure that will work with you and always give you a solid chance to win, as much as that is possible in the current NHL, and they stay will out of your hair and let you run the team as you best see fit. If he is just ready to move on and try something new, there is nothing Detroit can do about that. But all things being equal, I like Detroit's chances to keep him.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:55 pm 
2003-04 Goalie Profiles Coming Soon!

I do as well, just saying there will be more options out there. I know a return to Anaheim has been floated about before as well since he loves Getzlaf, and if Anaheim has known to kick their current coach out when a better candidate comes available, that's how Boudreau ended up there in the first place.

:steamingpileofcrap:

- Ancient Chinese Proverb