OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:35 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

The Short Names Line!

Ehn - De La Rose - Frk

If only Steve Ott were still around...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:54 am 
OTP Historian

Howard hurt. Fucking glorious. He needed to be dealt to a team desperate for goaltending, regardless of coming back next year. Wings are 6 points out of the WC. It's time to start dealing.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:32 am 
OTP Historian

Little Bert picks up a hat trick on two tips and a nice backhander from coming out from behind the net.

Vanek picks up the other two. Is there a player in the NHL who uses the non-one timer slap shot more than Vanek? He pump fakes it a ton as well.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:44 pm 
OTP Historian

Beat the Oil 3-2. 2 bad goals for 14.5M dollar man Mikko Koskinen.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:15 pm 

Bosc wrote:
Beat the Oil 3-2. 2 bad goals for 14.5M dollar man Mikko Koskinen.

I saw the replay on one of those bad goals. Fucking Manning got burned by Luke effing Glendening. What a mess the Oilies are.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:36 pm 
OTP Historian

Comeback to tie the Hawks 4-4 and then lose in OT.

Big night for Larkin(2G-1A), AA(2G) and Mantha(4A, 3 primary)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:42 pm 
Big in Japan

DLR!

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sport ... 899390002/

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:57 am 
Distinguished Gentleman of OTP

The Red Wings have brought up Philip Zadina for a brief taste, less than 9 games, of the NHL. He will play Sunday, February 24, 2019 against San Jose.

https://detroitnews.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2019/02/23/wait-over-zadina-being-promoted-play-wings-sunday/2959047002/

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:03 am 

The Detroit Red Wings traded upcoming UFA D Nick Jensen and a 2019 fifth round draft pick to Washington for prospect D Madison Bowey and a 2020 second round pick.

https://detroitnews.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2019/02/22/detroit-red-wings-trade-nick-jensen-washington-capitals-madison-bowey-2020-second-rounder/2953679002/

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:52 am 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

Red Wings acquire a second-round draft pick in the 2019 NHL Draft and a conditional third-round pick in the 2020 NHL Draft from the Sharks in exchange for RW Gustav Nyquist.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:18 pm 
Big in Japan

An angry Habs team that's now barely hanging on to a playoff spot is taking out their frustrations on the Wings.

Tatar gets one against his former team. Domi/Drouin looking good.

For the home team, I keep hearing AA's name, but not always for good things. At least he's active.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:18 am 
OTP Historian

Wow. :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:03 pm 
OTP Historian

On little Bert. So Tyler is the son of Todd's sister and Adrian Gedye(divorced it sounds like)

https://www.guelphmercury.com/community ... ike-uncle/

Not sure if this one is unlocked.

https://theathletic.com/849145/2019/03/ ... gin-story/

Quote:
But back in the States, there was a different reaction to the selection. One instant analysis called the pick “puzzling,” noting that Bertuzzi had been ranked 207th among North American skaters entering the draft.

At No. 58 overall, it was seen as something of a reach.

Nearly six years later, however, any lingering qualms with the pick have long since faded. Bertuzzi is one of the most promising young players on the Red Wings, consistently a top-line player in recent weeks. He has an outside shot at reaching 20 goals this year, in his first complete NHL season.

“Tyler Bertuzzi’s making us probably look a little smarter than we are,” Draper said. “But it’s a credit to Tyler.”

He might not have the most raw skills on the ice, but you can see the hockey brain watching him play and his willingness to do anything. He's smart and fearless.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:43 pm 
OTP Historian

Larkin out tonight with a back issue. Hopefully nothing serious. I was hoping to see him hit a nice point number like 80 this season. He's been really consistent.

Green shut for the rest of the year with a virus after being recommended to take some weeks off. Hopefully it's nothing too serious there too.

Hronek played 27 minutes against the Avs! Bowey actually looked decent by my eye test anyways. Skates well and isn't afraid to, wasn't tentative with or without the puck.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:22 pm 

What the actual fuck kind of virus knocks a guy out for the first few weeks of the season and then again in the final few weeks of the season!?

The Wings lineup without Larkin, Green, or Nyquist really IMO isn't that much better than the Kings or Sens to be honest.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:06 pm 

Pokecheque wrote:
What the actual fuck kind of virus knocks a guy out for the first few weeks of the season and then again in the final few weeks of the season!?

The Wings lineup without Larkin, Green, or Nyquist really IMO isn't that much better than the Kings or Sens to be honest.

The Red Wings with those guys are not much better than L.A. or Ottawa.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:03 am 
OTP Historian

I looked at the score last night against Tampa and saw it was 2-0. Wondered how long it would last. 3-0, same. Went and played my game, came home, sure enough Tampa ran off 5 straight goals and the Wings lost 5-4.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:18 pm 

I'm not sure Detroit should take Hughes even if they get the no. 1 pick. They need NHL calibre defensemen so desperately right now as well as a young really top-flight potential NHL goaltender. The Red Wings are probably, at least, 3 to 5 years out from being a playoff calibre team.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:54 pm 

RW wrote:
I'm not sure Detroit should take Hughes even if they get the no. 1 pick. They need NHL calibre defensemen so desperately right now as well as a young really top-flight potential NHL goaltender. The Red Wings are probably, at least, 3 to 5 years out from being a playoff calibre team.

I saw Hughes play in person just recently. Don't be a doof. You can build a winner around a kid like that. Him setting up Filip Zadina for countless goals will help more than taking a defender and waiting for him to develop ever would.

ALSO, this is not the draft to take a defenseman if you're in the top five or six, that was last year's draft and Detroit opted not to take Jack's big bro (in hindsight...maybe they should have, but I still don't think they messed up in taking Filip Zadina). The consensus top-rated blueliner this year is Bowen Byram, and the highest I've seen him ranked anywhere is 5th. Hughes setting up Zadina for scoring chances will far, far outweigh anything Byram could give you on the ice.

And for the record, it ain't like the Wings are flush with top-flight center prospects. Yeah, they got Larkin, and I was wrong in thinking he wasn't a legit top-flight center, but I don't think you can ever have too many elite forwards. And if you do, then trade for a defenseman. You said yourself they're gonna be tanking a little while longer, they have plenty of time to address the black hole on their blueline.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:49 am 

Pokecheque wrote:
RW wrote:

I saw Hughes play in person just recently. Don't be a doof. You can build a winner around a kid like that. Him setting up Filip Zadina for countless goals will help more than taking a defender and waiting for him to develop ever would.

ALSO, this is not the draft to take a defenseman if you're in the top five or six, that was last year's draft and Detroit opted not to take Jack's big bro (in hindsight...maybe they should have, but I still don't think they messed up in taking Filip Zadina). The consensus top-rated blueliner this year is Bowen Byram, and the highest I've seen him ranked anywhere is 5th. Hughes setting up Zadina for scoring chances will far, far outweigh anything Byram could give you on the ice.

And for the record, it ain't like the Wings are flush with top-flight center prospects. Yeah, they got Larkin, and I was wrong in thinking he wasn't a legit top-flight center, but I don't think you can ever have too many elite forwards. And if you do, then trade for a defenseman. You said yourself they're gonna be tanking a little while longer, they have plenty of time to address the black hole on their blueline.

I know, Tommy. Always take the best player available. I've said it before, I'll continue to believe it. My statement above was said in the utter frustration of having watched Detroit cough up a 3 - 0 lead at home to Tampa Bay and lose the game in the 3rd period the night before.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next