OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:20 pm 
OTP Historian

Pokecheque wrote:
Bosc wrote:
I thought I saw it said that noone had been charged with a crime. Different than saying no crime was committed. Which in itself is not the same as nobody being convicted of a crime. We're adults here and understand(unlike a lot of fans) that just because nobody was charged or convicted of a crime that one wasn't committed.

Could be that, I just don't understand why a presser was even held if they weren't going to inform anyone of anything. They just ended up being even more vague about it.

Reminds me when the Hawks trotted out Kane to proclaim his innocence and then refuse to answer any questions about anything afterwards. Obviously a different situation but reminded me of it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:59 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

I just hate this team these days. It's like all the life got sucked out of it the last 2-3 years. They're still winning but...meh. I really thought they were onto something when they just said to hell with defense and tried to win it with run-and-gun hockey. But then they had a bad showing in the playoffs and decided to completely change direction. Nill has also made some pretty egregious errors that are chipping away at them.

Anyway, Corey Perry got five games for elbowing Ryan Ellis in the head in the Winter Classic, but the best part was his Walk of Shame that people online started putting to music.

https://www.sportingnews.com/ca/nhl/new ... l53mjqravl

I thought the Squidward thing was inspired. :laugh:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:44 am 
Big in Japan

Roman Polak opted out, basically said this organization is dysfunctional.

Not sure what happened, they've got so much talent, but yeah, something isn't clicking here.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:06 am 
Big in Japan

Well, the Dallas Stars are the first team to punch their ticket to the COVID Cup final.

Are they just a hot goalie and future Norris winner? Or is there more here?

The NHL community is rooting for Bones, and I will too. I watched a lot of those early Sens games as a kid.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:13 pm 
OTP Historian

Pretty crazy.

I think we can all agree about Corey Perry though. He can F right off.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:31 pm 

Bones seems like a good guy, and he's been doing this a loooooooooooooooooong time, so if he wins, I'll be happy for him.

I dislike Benn intensely, and I'm with Jeff on Corey Perry. Not only is he dirty AF, he's a diving weasel to boot. Pavelski is also one of those guys who weirdly gets this stellar reputation despite the fact he jaws constantly and is dirty as all hell in his own right. I guess you can call that phenomenon "Shane Doan Syndrome."

Seguin and Klingberg remain favorites, I don't really care one way or the other about Radulov, and I think Heiskanen is phenomenal. Certainly can't root against Dobby either.

The one thing that just irks the living hell outta me with the Stars is that Nill took them from unconventional to being the most "conventional" team in hockey. Started out with a "F*ck Defense" mentality and geared the team toward speed and offense, and they were one Finnish Goaltending Tandem Meltdown away from making a really great run not that long ago. But then Nill just said he was going to turn them into yet another grindfest-type team and loaded up with meatheads. They don't look any different than those Stars teams of the 90s, and it's not fun to watch.

I hate that hockey is so damned prone to teams inexplicably heating up at the right time. I thought we were past the age where I had to sit and watch John fucking Madden and Jay goddamn Pandolfo make the highlight reels every postseason. Those are good defensive players and grinders but I don't care about guys like that in the postseason. I don't give a fuck about Matt Martin when I want to see Mat Barzal rip it up. I don't want to see a broken down and old Corey Perry slog around on the ice and somehow score goals, or Blake Comeau do whatever the hell it is he does other than take dumb penalties. The Evolving Wild twins said, from a stats standpoint, you could argue that Dallas was the 7th best team going into this tournament, and even that might be generous. But yet, they're on their 34-year-old backup goalie and guys like Joel fucking Kiviranta are scoring hat tricks.

I'm pretty sure they're winning this thing--Tampa is just too fucking beat up.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:54 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Pokecheque wrote:
I'm pretty sure they're winning this thing--Tampa is just too fucking beat up.

You say that like Tampa is already in. Jerk.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:00 pm 

Chris18 wrote:

:doom: :doom: :doom: :doom: :doom:

Well if the Isles somehow force Game 7 then it won't matter who advances--they'll be too beat up and tired to even put up a fight.

Unless Dallas is actually TOO rested...that kind of thing happened to the friggin' Avs this whole season.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:55 pm 

Pokecheque wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

:doom: :doom: :doom: :doom: :doom:

Well if the Isles somehow force Game 7 then it won't matter who advances--they'll be too beat up and tired to even put up a fight.

Unless Dallas is actually TOO rested...that kind of thing happened to the friggin' Avs this whole season.

I keep hoping the Isles can somehow catch lightning in a bottle (terrible pun fully intended!) and win 2 more games, then catch the Stars after they've been eating pizza and wings for a week.

I know the chances of any of this is slim to none, but I can dream/hope!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:55 am 

Chris18 wrote:

I think we’re past slim now.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:34 pm 

Pokecheque wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

I think we’re past slim now.

Ha, fucking ha.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:37 pm 

Chris18 wrote:
Ha, fucking ha.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:03 pm 
Big in Japan

The Stars are slowly getting the band back together: Khudobin and Faksa got extensions. Hintz and Gurianov next, although they're not flush with cap space: 6.6M left for both, unless they find a home for Johns.

Janmark had to go, but they got Pysyk for a song.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:46 pm 

Pretty sure Johns is done--he was physically cleared to play in the bubble and chose not to after everything he went through the last time he was concussed. Certainly don't blame a guy for taking a good hard look at is long-term neurological health and opting out. I'm guessing he either retires or they make a nice LTIR arrangement for him.

Off the top of my head the only notable departure for Dallas has been Matthias Janmark.

I'm fairly certain that if they could, the guy they'd dump is Bishop.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:12 pm 
Old Man of the Post

Gaglardi is asking his team to tighten their belts...

But general manager Jim Nill has been told to be as financially responsible as possible. The Stars have made decisions they wouldn’t in typical years when it comes to signing fringe prospects or AHL-level players, while the organization parted with long-time employee Les Jackson when his contract ended.

It's a shame that a SCF berth won't necessarily translate to more revenue for them; add to that that two of his teams are the Texas Stars and the Kamloops Blazers - no season and no fans...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:34 pm 
Big in Japan

Basking in the green glow of the new Stars third jerseys https://twitter.com/DallasStars/status/ ... 50209?s=19

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:24 am 

E.L. wrote:
Basking in the green glow of the new Stars third jerseys https://twitter.com/DallasStars/status/ ... 50209?s=19

I applaud them for taking a bold path, but those are fucking hideous. Reminds me of 1980s Gator skateboard deck in black/green. Which was cool back then.
http://skateboardlongboarddeck.info/vtg_og_80s_vision_skateboards_mark_gator_rogowski_green_spiral_pro_model_deck.htm

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:08 pm 
Big in Japan

Dallas brings last year's holdout Julius Honka back into the fold for 700K.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:36 pm 
Big in Japan

Seguin and Bishop out 5 months each. Could ease their cap crunch a bit.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:00 am 
Big in Japan

3 years, a very palatable 3.15M AAV for Roope Hintz.

Nill walked the cap tight rope and got everyone locked up. Bishop and Seguin on LTIR will allow him to add someone later on.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next