OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:37 pm 

Well lost the last one when we outplayed the Stars, we'll see what happens tonight. Schneider must have won the coin toss or AV recognized that he was basically 1st, 2nd and 3rd star last game after his team left him hanging out to dry all night.

Quote:
-The Canucks are expected to debut new-look lines and defense combinations tonight. Aside from the top line staying intact, notable changes include Booth moving up from the fourth line and Kassian getting bumped off the second line. On the back end, Hamhuis and Bieksa reunite, Edler gets paired up with Tanev and Ballard and Garrison form the final pairing.

-The Canucks will be without F Jannik Hansen tonight as he is serving a one-game NHL suspension for his hit to the head of Chicago's Marian Hossa on Tuesday that forced the Blackhawks forward to leave the game. F Aaron Volpatti, who was a healthy scratch on Tuesday, will likely draw back into the lineup in Hansen's spot.

-Canucks G Cory Schneider will earn his second consecutive start tonight. It's the first time this season he has started a game following a loss. Schneider has a 3-1-0 lifetime record at the American Airlines Center.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:39 pm 

oops, can a mod move this thread to the Stars board. thnx

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:43 pm 
Rebel Sell + Moneyball = Life

Is the thread title a reference to Loui Eriksson, or Luongo on the bench? :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:52 pm 

Jyrki21 wrote:

A; B; or C all of the above, your choice. I really have no idea why I do what I do, just know we need a thread so whatever pops out gets served. Luckily I don't have a high enough regard for any of you to have an embarrassment factor. :P

Although I'd be happier if tCL got off his lazy butt and started procrastinating on his family and RL issues once again and took over the GDT once more.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:23 pm 
Promoted from Lt. Chaos

Hopefully I will get time to watch at least the last period. :cthulhu:

"Mad Dog" Jannic Hansen out of the lineup - the Stars should be relieved. That Federal League Goon shouldn't be allowed to play in the NHL. Disgraceful...

/sarcasm :spin:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:25 pm 
Promoted from Lt. Chaos

Jyrki21 wrote:

Dude, where do the Nuck fans hang out in Ottawa to watch the games? My buddy got a job there and he's looking for a friendly crowd to watch the game.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:28 pm 
Rebel Sell + Moneyball = Life

Captain Chaos wrote:
Dude, where do the Nuck fans hang out in Ottawa to watch the games? My buddy got a job there and he's looking for a friendly crowd to watch the game.

Once a year (except when there's a lockout), at Scotiabank Place. ;) Apart from that, I think Canuck fans are pretty diffuse... if there is a "Canuck-friendly" bar, I haven't heard of it. In my pre-fatherhood days when I'd sometimes go out to watch a game, there was usually at least one other guy wherever I was cheering for them.

I think approximately 0.001% of University of Ottawa and/or Carleton students are from British Columbia (or for that matter, anywhere outside the Toronto-Montreal corridor), so that's a core bar-going demographic that just isn't there. I expect most of the Canuck fans are government workers with families like me who don't go out all that much.

If he's a nice enough guy and wants to catch a game one day, I'll give him an open invitation if I get a hall pass from the wife.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:28 pm 

Well worth watching. The Nucks play keep away for the last two minutes of the game.

Stars were sure some tired by the last 30 seconds. :D