OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Fri May 14, 2021 1:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 326 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:09 am 
Tattoo of the Post

How much longer is Torts' contract? I'd like to see him kept around to fuck this team up when they're back in the traditional Metro. :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:42 am 
Big in Japan

Chris18 wrote:
How much longer is Torts' contract? I'd like to see him kept around to fuck this team up when they're back in the traditional Metro. :D

End of the season, which makes keeping him around even stranger, unless they're total misers.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:56 am 
Tattoo of the Post

E.L. wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

End of the season, which makes keeping him around even stranger, unless they're total misers.

Maybe they don't want to promote an interim coach and don't want to bother with quarantining someone for this year? Seems pretty dumb to trade for Laine and keep the asshole who keeps benching him.

If Lee is out the rest of the year, I keep hoping Torts will piss Laine off to the point that he demands a trade and the Isles can use Lee's LTIR space to fit him.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:45 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

This season pretty much looks like it's lost, so Jarmo would be best concerned with gearing up for a retool. He's got a big decision to make regarding Elvis. Dude is extremely good, but also extremely injury-prone, and is going to demand a raise. Do you give it to him, or do you just stick with Korpisalo and take your chances?

As far as Torts goes...I dunno. Seems kinda pointless to try and shake things up now. The Jax made this bed, they gotta lie in it.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 10:44 am 
Big in Japan

Deep dive in the Athletic as to why no one wants to play in Columbus:

1. Kekalainen plays hardball with RFAs, alienating them
2. Boring town if you're young, want to be a star
3. They've modernized, but less amenities than other franchises, including an old plane (since changed)
4. They don't market stars when they have them
5. Torts but not as much as you'd think. Players do appreciate his honesty

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 3:52 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

I hate the fact that I'm sharing a tweet from those fucking Barstoolies but this is awesome.

https://twitter.com/spittinchiclets/sta ... _&ref_url=

Even if Elvis doesn't have a stellar NHL career going forward (I think he will), he's already a legend in my books.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 326 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17