OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 409 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2023 3:19 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Chris18 wrote:
Is his contract guaranteed? I feel like he signed it not really wanting to coach and then figured out an east way to get fired before even packing for training camp.

I think because he resigned the Jackets are not on the hook for his contract, but who knows, he may have negotiated some sort of exit plan.

The egg is all over Davidson's and Kekalainen's faces, and deservedly so. I was willing to give those two the benefit of the doubt and chalk up their many failures to bad luck and demanding ownership, but that all went out the window with this latest move. I can't see Jarmo surviving much past this year. And Davidson should move back to broadcasting if he knows what's good for him.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 1:39 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:14 pm 

Lumbus gets a good win against the Flames but loose Patrik Laine thanks to an absolute chickenshit hit from Rasmus Andersson. Dying seconds of a game that was already over, comes in with a high hit and leaves his feet. A suspension is likely coming.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:10 pm 
Big in Japan

Elvis wants out. Would be shocked if this wasn't Jarmo's last season. They keep getting worse.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:38 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

E.L. wrote:
Elvis wants out. Would be shocked if this wasn't Jarmo's last season. They keep getting worse.

I read that he "wants a trade but didn't demand it". If true, that's a bit passive aggressive.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:35 pm 

What a toxic, fucked up situation. They send Elvis to the press box, Vincent says it's to see what they have in Tarasov (he of course gets lit the fuck up in the next game). Jarmo says it's a "coach's decision." So either the GM is lying and throwing his new coach under the bus, or he's telling the truth and Pascal effing Vincent now gets say in managerial issues????? Either way I wouldn't blame any players in that organization for wanting out RIGHT NOW.

Thing is, they can fire Jarmo (and they should), they can fire Davidson (and they should) but IMO very little will change. Ownership refuses to build the right way, they keep trying to take shortcuts and that's just not going to work in this market.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:31 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

I'm fine with at least one metro team being a shit show for a prolonged period of time. Well, two, if you include the Isles, which I currently do. :chairshot:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:18 am 
Big in Japan

Kekalainen fired. Came in with a lot of promise but the team has been a circus for a long time. Mix of bad luck (Kivlenieks) and bad decisions.

Wouldn't be shocked if the league sends Gorton there for the good of the league.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:06 pm 

E.L. wrote:
Kekalainen fired. Came in with a lot of promise but the team has been a circus for a long time. Mix of bad luck (Kivlenieks) and bad decisions.

Wouldn't be shocked if the league sends Gorton there for the good of the league.

I imagine that's gotta be who Davidson is thinking of first.

They basically need someone with a strong enough personality, a la Rutherford, who will stand up to the owner. IMO Jarmo basically acted the role of hatchetman for his bosses and that obviously did not work.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 409 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21