OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:38 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

I think someone else beat me to "Jaskin Robbins."

https://milehighsticking.com/2017/10/19 ... uis-blues/

Avs are gonna try a revamped lineup to get their stalled offense back on track. I won't repost them again but the big move is placing Tyson Jost on the top line with MacKinnon and Rantanen.

Of all the various struggles we're witnessing the one that's the most frustrating is Mikko Rantanen. After putting up a campaign on an outright rotten Avs team that would've been Calder-worthy had it not been for those kids named Matthews and Laine, Rants looks completely out of sorts out there. Hopefully he gets on track tonight.

Bernier in nets for the Avs, it'll likely be Jake Allen for the Blues, who more or less owns 'em.

Of all the various quirky names from all around the world that make up the NHL, Wade Megan completely throws me off. That doesn't look like a real person's name.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:13 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

What a bizarre game.

Blake Comeau scores on an open net after he tries to score and Robert Bortuzzo bowls Carter Hutton over in the ensuing rush. Yeo challenges, is denied.

Later, Yeo challenges AGAIN when the Avs score. He wins and the GTG is denied. Avs lose 4-3.

Here's the thing, while the refs should have blown the whistle the minute the puck was passed to Andrighetto from outside the neutral zone, he brought it back out and back in, and THEN they scored. Not sure if that should be challenge-able because

All in all, these sorts of challenges should be taken out completely. The fact that because one challenge is tied to your time out and the other is tied to a penalty actually means a coach has unlimited challenges on the offsides rule. That's horseshit.

Not that the Avs deserved to win. They played like absolute garbage to start the 1st and the 2nd, and their breakdowns defensively that led to each Blues goal were simply inexcusable. Jared Bednar sounded exasperated last night, and while he didn't name names, he did call a couple players "passengers." One of them most definitely had to be Nail Yakupov, who played barely at all in the 2nd and was benched the entirety of the 3rd, even with two players up front out with injuries.

Also, promising rookie J.T. Compher is out for a long while with a broken thumb. Both Patrik Nemeth and Tyson Jost suffered the LBI, they haven't announced if they will miss time yet.

And yet another frustrating effort from Nathan MacKinnon. It's a game like last night that makes me want the Avs to trade HIM, and not Matt Duchene.

I'm reading on Twitter the NHL is going to release a statement admitting they fucked up last night. Oh well...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:19 pm 
Improvement on the US678 prototype

Pokecheque wrote:
What a bizarre game.

Blake Comeau scores on an open net after he tries to score and Robert Bortuzzo bowls Carter Hutton over in the ensuing rush. Yeo challenges, is denied.

Later, Yeo challenges AGAIN when the Avs score. He wins and the GTG is denied. Avs lose 4-3.

Here's the thing, while the refs should have blown the whistle the minute the puck was passed to Andrighetto from outside the neutral zone, he brought it back out and back in, and THEN they scored. Not sure if that should be challenge-able because

All in all, these sorts of challenges should be taken out completely. The fact that because one challenge is tied to your time out and the other is tied to a penalty actually means a coach has unlimited challenges on the offsides rule. That's horseshit.

Not that the Avs deserved to win. They played like absolute garbage to start the 1st and the 2nd, and their breakdowns defensively that led to each Blues goal were simply inexcusable. Jared Bednar sounded exasperated last night, and while he didn't name names, he did call a couple players "passengers." One of them most definitely had to be Nail Yakupov, who played barely at all in the 2nd and was benched the entirety of the 3rd, even with two players up front out with injuries.

Also, promising rookie J.T. Compher is out for a long while with a broken thumb. Both Patrik Nemeth and Tyson Jost suffered the LBI, they haven't announced if they will miss time yet.

And yet another frustrating effort from Nathan MacKinnon. It's a game like last night that makes me want the Avs to trade HIM, and not Matt Duchene.

I'm reading on Twitter the NHL is going to release a statement admitting they fucked up last night. Oh well...

and here is that statement.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl-admits-error-on-o ... r-1.890881