It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Alumni Game
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:18 pm 
King of Men

Dude...this is f'n awesome...

Look at this roster:

http://avalanche.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=870474

How did I miss this? Just checked tickets and no way I am paying $150 per to see this game though. Maybe I will go to a bar and watch. This is perfect for an old man like me it starts at 5pm.

Post subject: Re: Alumni Game
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:09 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Gonna be awesome seeing my boy Ray back on the ice.

Actually wasn't that excited about this until I saw those rosters. Man...Ozo, Blake, Bourque, and Foote all together. That'll be something.

Also excited that my fave Red Wing (Kris Draper) will be in attendance as well.

Hopefully I can get home in time to watch this. Been a fuckin' drag at work this week like you wouldn't believe.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:22 pm 
Big in Japan

Alumni games are the sort of things where I'm cynical at first, but once I see the guys out there, having fun and showing glimpses of their old skills, I'm like a kid again.

Those rosters look amazing. You know Roy will be competitive and Foppa will still be able to dish.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:07 pm 
OTP Historian

I still haven't watched the one from the 2014 but I will try to watch this tonight.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:04 pm 
King of Men

Is this even televised? This is way better than the actual game tomorrow.

Quote:
NHL Stadium Series Alumni Game at Coors Field:
Detroit Red Wings vs Colorado Avalanche Alums - Friday, February 27, 2016 at 5PM MST

Viewers inside Avalanche territory: Watch Detroit Red Wings vs Colorado Avalanche alumni game on ALT 2. Use our channel finder to locate ALT 2 in your area.

Viewers outside Avalanche territory: Tune in to the NHL Network at gametime/5PM to watch the Detroit Red Wings vs Colorado Avalanche alumni game.

Comcast Cable does not carry Altitude 2 as a full-time service, but provides select Altitude 2 games to their customers on CET (Comcast Entertainment Television). Check your on-screen guide for availability CET SD is available on channel 105 in Colorado and channel 6 in Utah. CET HD is channel 900 in Colorado.

Lame....I don't have cable....oh well guess I don't see this one even on NHL.tv. Its Boston at Car for me.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:11 pm 
OTP Historian

harmfuljays wrote:
Is this even televised? This is way better than the actual game tomorrow.

Quote:
NHL Stadium Series Alumni Game at Coors Field:
Detroit Red Wings vs Colorado Avalanche Alums - Friday, February 27, 2016 at 5PM MST

Viewers inside Avalanche territory: Watch Detroit Red Wings vs Colorado Avalanche alumni game on ALT 2. Use our channel finder to locate ALT 2 in your area.

Viewers outside Avalanche territory: Tune in to the NHL Network at gametime/5PM to watch the Detroit Red Wings vs Colorado Avalanche alumni game.

Comcast Cable does not carry Altitude 2 as a full-time service, but provides select Altitude 2 games to their customers on CET (Comcast Entertainment Television). Check your on-screen guide for availability CET SD is available on channel 105 in Colorado and channel 6 in Utah. CET HD is channel 900 in Colorado.

Lame....I don't have cable....oh well guess I don't see this one even on NHL.tv. Its Boston at Car for me.

Not on nhl.tv. Lol nice job, NHL. Hell of a job on the new nhl.tv and nhl.com you're doing with your partners, there.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:28 pm 

That's fucking ridiculous. NHL once again shoots themselves in the foot.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:29 pm 

God, DGB never fails to crack me up.

https://sports.vice.com/ca/article/down ... gs-rivalry

Quote:
Still, at this point everyone is so tangled up that there's not much threat of anything really breaking out. The linesmen are breaking things up, tempers seem to be cooling, and we're ready to get back to hockey as soon as... wait, did anyone just hear the Undertaker's gong music start?

:lol:

Also, I had forgotten that it's none other than Sylvain Lefebvre (fun fact, when the Avs first came to town I picked him as my favorite since I like to pick players to root for that people either don't like or don't care about, hence the Brisebois jersey that still hangs in my closet) who was responsible for giving Sean McIndoe his famous moniker.