OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:04 pm 
King of Men

RANT

I just don't understand that damn scoreboard and why the Pepsi Center deems it necessary to pump noise at Level 11 out of it. I can't watch the damn Avs games without that damn thing blaring over the TV. I can't even go to concerts anymore without that obnoxious thing screaming at me.

And what the hell is up with that pac-man noise every time an Av leaves the penalty box....Is that even legal? That's downright distracting!

The Pepsi Center is quite possibly one of the worst places to see a hockey game. Crappy concessions, terribly uncomfortable seats for fatties, narrow aisles and now a blaring scoreboard in the only place I found solace (Club Level). I need earplugs for Pete's sake!

I hate that scoreboard and as a direct result I don't go to many games because of it. Couldn't even bring myself to go watch Jarome potentially score 600 against the Flames.

RANT OVER

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:25 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

It's not from Pac-Man. That's the sound effect from Super Mario Brothers when he eats a Power-up mushroom. :lol: I actually like it, most of the fans do as well. The "Woot-Woot!" sound however is pretty much universally loathed, however.

I'll admit the new scoreboard is a bit much. It almost gets in the way of seeing the actual game. But, fans were demanding it, so we can't backtrack now and say "Well, we didn't know you'd go THAT big."

I kinda wish a team would buck the trend and go with an old-school screen.

It's possible though that these are just as cost-prohibitive as the new stuff.

As for the goal siren...I read the Avs were forced to change it from the Avalanche warning siren to that obnoxious bullhorn because the law prohibited the use of the sound or something like that. For what it's worth I can't stand it either.

Could be worse I guess...Columbus has a cannon.