OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 9:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:26 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Honestly forgot this game was even on until I got an alert on my phone. Still can't believe some Avs fans still think this is a rivalry. :roll:

And as I type this, fucking Franzen scores. Shit. Dude can be on an 82-game scoring drought and he'll end it

Didn't see the McLeod hit, but it sounds like it was eerily similar to the Lapierre-on-Boyle hit. Fucking Cody...and just when he was actually doing well for us and not taking one dumb penalty per game.

Hope Kronwall is okay. No good seeing stuff like that.

EDIT: Just saw the hit. Fucking hell, nothing but numbers and he ran him anyway. Grow a brain you fucking idiots!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:00 am 

Kinda funny--on one end of the ice you had a bad penalty kill propped up by a good goaltender. On the other you had a good penalty kill propping up a bad goalie. Both failed as two PP goals apiece were scored.

At least three goals were the result of dumb mistakes--two by defensemen. Adam Foote has his work cut out for him.

Saw the events leading up to the hit, and while McLeod absolutely will get a suspension (and deservedly so), it wasn't on the same level as Lapierre. It was bad, yes, but not sure why Kronwall turns the other way trying to make a play instead of making the safer, and smarter move. He certainly didn't deserve the hit, but every defenseman knows you shouldn't do that when you know you got a pursuing forechecker hot on your heels. I did something similar back in my playing days and paid for it with a broken collarbone. Both players should have been smarter.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:09 am 

McLeod will have to head to New York to learn his fate. Yeah, we won't be seeing him for a while.

Lastly, the rookie head coach got a little schooled. Despite having last change, Roy somehow still had MacKinnon out there covering Datsyuk in front of the net. You didn't have to have seen the game to know what happened next.