OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm 
OTP Historian

Pokecheque wrote:
Oh boy...Avs are officially in a skid after a listless 3-0 loss to the Coyotes. No Rantanen, no Landeskog, and no one else really stepping up to fill the void.

Jared Bednar was about as close to enraged as I've seen him following the 2-1 loss to Dallas the night before. Unfortunately him calling out some players publicly did not have the desired effect.

It's early yet, and shit like this happens to even the best of teams, but this ain't fun to watch.

Oh, and some good news...Altitude came to terms with DirecTV while I was in Mexico and so now I actually CAN watch them, uh, not play well. :suprisedtoangry:

Where were you in Mexico? We're headed to a resort near Playa Del Carmen in a couple of weeks.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:26 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Bosc wrote:
Where were you in Mexico? We're headed to a resort near Playa Del Carmen in a couple of weeks.

We were at a resort in Nuevo Vallarta. Didn't do much

Everyone's favorite Farang was actually not far away in Sayulita at the same time for Dia de Los Muertes celebrations. I wish we could have arranged for a meetup but alas...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:45 pm 

:|

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:28 am 

Okay, that's much better. Back-to-back comeback wins. First, a 9-4 walloping of the Preds (some say it was galvanized by Matt Duchene scoring and celebrating, thereby pissing off his former teammates) and a 4-2 win tonight against the Blue Jackets, with Cale Makar scoring two goals.

#8 is most definitely in the Calder conversation.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:21 pm 

:Butch:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:36 pm 

Nikita Zadorov took a puck to the face and broke his jaw, going to be out for a while.

That makes it five guys out of the lineup now: Rantanen and Landeskog (both unspecified lower-body injuries), Grubauer (also LBI), Bellemare (concussion), and Wilson (probably dead).

Nick Foligno got 3 games for the hit that concussed Bellemare. He got a major and game for it previously. Was pretty apologetic about it.

Makes me think back...if Steve Moore had just apologized after that game, there never would have been an incident. Can't help but wonder if indeed that mess led to a necessary change in hockey culture. Players never apologized for bad hits before, now they do.

Make no mistake, Bert is still a fucking slimeball and meathead who should never have anything to do with hockey ever again, but I'm not gonna sit here and say Moore was a completely innocent bystander. I suppose maybe, just maybe something good came out of that horrific mess.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:46 pm 
King of Men

Pokecheque wrote:

Nick Foligno got 3 games for the hit that concussed Bellemare. He got a major and game for it previously. Was pretty apologetic about it.

I was wondering about this. I had thought maybe 3-5 games. Nick Foligno is usually a pretty decent dude but that was the most egregious head hit I had seen this season.

Bellemare has a concussion but is on the trip? :ohdear:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:51 pm 

harmfuljays wrote:
I was wondering about this. I had thought maybe 3-5 games. Nick Foligno is usually a pretty decent dude but that was the most egregious head hit I had seen this season.

Bellemare has a concussion but is on the trip? :ohdear:

I was guessing two. It was Foligno's first offense and while it was indeed a bad hit, he showed genuine contrition and I doubt he'll do anything quite THAT bad ever again. That likely helped, as it should.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:13 pm 

Connor McDavid made the Avs his bitch last night.

Nathan MacKinnon is gonna have to start mixing things up. He loves that move of entering the zone and then slamming on the brakes to dish to a teammate skating in down the middle. Well, Zack Kassian was waiting for it and flattened him right when he tried it. MacKinnon was at his very best when he ditched that move and just tried powering in toward the net.