OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Brad Aldrich
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:32 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

drl perfect III wrote:
From Rick Westhead on twitter: "Worth remembering that the Blackhawks many months ago in their statement of defence wrote that allegations of abuse and a coverup had already been investigated and found to be without merit." So how about the NHL BOG and Commissioner Gary Bettman do the right thing and tell the Wirtz family to sell the team. Think MLB and Marge Schott.
Yeah Tom and Eric, Cheveldayoff and Quennville need to be fired immediately. This is Penn State level bullshit.

And like Penn State, justice will not be served.

The league only cares about liability, not what's right.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:11 pm 

The Catholic Church used to pull shit like this.....used to.

I guess this is more evidence of "absolute power corrupts absolutely". Are there any legal cases going on against the Blackhawks by the victim?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:21 pm 

BCG wrote:

I guess this is more evidence of "absolute power corrupts absolutely". Are there any legal cases going on against the Blackhawks by the victim?

I think the lawsuit filed by "John Doe" is what started this, right? I have no idea if it's still going on but I sure hope that person didn't take a settlement yet.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:32 pm 

Pokecheque wrote:
BCG wrote:

I think the lawsuit filed by "John Doe" is what started this, right? I have no idea if it's still going on but I sure hope that person didn't take a settlement yet.

I don't remember, but I sure hope he hasn't too. I wouldn't trust anything produced by the NHL around this,, although the report seems pretty forthright.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:12 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Lowman has stepped down from being Team USA GM too. Now Vanbiesbrouck please.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:48 am 
OTP Historian

BCG wrote:

Of course when the investigators asked Notre Dame for Aldrich stuff, they wouldn't hand it over.

The Hawks have specifically mentioned that they will work on a settlement with John Doe so he hasn't accepted anything yet.

Just fucking horrible all around when nobody was willing to do the easiest thing possible. Tell him to stay home and hand everything over to the authorities. Would anyone have noticed? And if they had, just say that its a matter no longer with the team and they've done everything through the proper channels?

Somehow Bergevin isn't mentioned a single time. What exactly was he doing over there?

Bunch of absolute chickenshit liars who released statements saying that they knew nothing and of course are proven to be liars.

Strang and Westhead, the two most important people in the hockey world right now.

$2M fine. What a fucking joke.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:11 am 
Big in Japan

Bosc wrote:
Somehow Bergevin isn't mentioned a single time. What exactly was he doing over there?

Although he had a fancy job title at the time, apparently "director of player personnel" wasn't considered upper management so they didn't tell him anything. And he wasn't invited to the infamous meeting. Considering how bad some very important people come off in this, I see no reason to believe Marc is being protected over Stan/Joel.

As for punishment, the Coyotes got hit harder for private workouts.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:00 pm 

Chris18 wrote:

Thank God, but the fact that he was named USA GM in the first place and was allowed to make major decisions while this was all blowing up just absolutely enrages me.

I'm now reading about Jim Gary. Holy fucking shit just round all these people up in a room and set it on fire.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:28 pm 

Pokecheque wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

Thank God, but the fact that he was named USA GM in the first place and was allowed to make major decisions while this was all blowing up just absolutely enrages me.

I'm now reading about Jim Gary. Holy fucking shit just round all these people up in a room and set it on fire.

Yep! What a fucking cesspool.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:49 pm 

I think the same change needs to happen as with the Catholic Church - the entire organization (i.e. the NHL) needs to be held accountable instead of treating each Diocese (Club) as an independent organization wherein the Holy See (Bettman) was not held liable.

In the case of a report of sexual abuse, make it policy to notify both the Club owner (Bishop) and the Commissioner (Pope) immediately. Then they are both held accountable.

Edit: just to point out where I'm coming from, I was working in the Anglican Church when the Residential School issue first came out in the 90's, and some friends in the Catholic Church were dealing with Mt. Cashel. The general idea was that the process had to be directed secularly and not by either the Archbishop of Canterbury, Canadian Primate, or the Pope (for the Catholics) because they were biased. Same idea here with Bettman and the BOG for the NHL.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:17 pm 
OTP Clown

E.L. wrote:
The big problem is they got together after the incident, decided to do nothing, then Aldrich did it again, this time to an intern.

Quenneville in the report said he didn't want to disrupt team chemistry, and lied about what he knew in July. Not good.

Chappelle gets cancelled and Q gets to coach?

Fucking Bizarro world.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:19 pm 

Kyle Beach comes forward as the victim. Wow.

The Blackhawks issue a pretty lame statement apologizing to him for "the-then executives" failing him. As if they're all gone?

If it wasn't disrespectful to Chief Blackhawk, I'd say they should have to put a black bandana over his eyes on their jerseys, to show how they had blinders on for 11 years. More than a few resignations and a $2 million fine need to come from this.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:04 am 
King of Men

Stinky wrote:
E.L. wrote:
The big problem is they got together after the incident, decided to do nothing, then Aldrich did it again, this time to an intern.

Quenneville in the report said he didn't want to disrupt team chemistry, and lied about what he knew in July. Not good.

Chappelle gets cancelled and Q gets to coach?

Fucking Bizarro world.

You ain't lying! The Chappelle situation is worth a thread all itself.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:53 am 
OTP Historian

E.L. wrote:
Bosc wrote:

Although he had a fancy job title at the time, apparently "director of player personnel" wasn't considered upper management so they didn't tell him anything. And he wasn't invited to the infamous meeting. Considering how bad some very important people come off in this, I see no reason to believe Marc is being protected over Stan/Joel.

As for punishment, the Coyotes got hit harder for private workouts.

He might not have been in the meeting, but given how many people knew it seems impossible that he didn't. I'm guessing he's one of the ones who refused or didn't respond for the interview request.

What a horrible fucking mess, and the courage displayed by Beach is remarkable.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:50 am 
OTP Clown

This is likely why Bergy doesn't have a contract.

Molson knew he was going to have to fire him sometime this year.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:24 am 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

I also question the media's role in the cover up circa 2010 Hawk's Cup Run. Friedge seemed mightily upset yesterday on SN650 when speaking with Marek. He's going to speak about this in detail at a later date. This whole thing is disgusting. The NHL is a joke and the culture of hockey is broken far beyond what I ever imagined. Makes me feel ashamed to be a fan.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:57 am 
Big in Japan

Mark Lazerus is a Chicago writer who wrote about the Cup wins. Started in 2011 so missed it as it happened, but he was disappointed in himself because he felt like he was getting access and writing the truth, but the players and coaches succeeded in pushing this under the rug and only showing the good side.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:40 pm 

Yesterday on Twitter someone had links to a bunch of old articles (2013-2017 from what I saw) calling Beach the biggest bust. I wonder if any of those reporters were among those who had heard all the insults in the locker room. Sure would be interesting to see their takes now.

I would love to see an NHL team sign him for a day, so he'd be eligible for the Masterton Trophy. And maybe suit up for a game. Against the Blackhawks. Okay, probably not against them. Unless it's what he wants. But I'd love to see him get to live out his dream and play in an NHL game. He's been through enough at the hands of the league, team, SafeSport, the NHLPA... Poor dude has been the victim in every way so far. It would be nice to see him get something positive.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:18 pm 
OTP Historian

The NHLPA failing him might be the most egregious part of the whole thing. He told them everything, they did absolutely nothing.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:18 pm 
Old Man of the Post

Chris18 wrote:
I would love to see an NHL team sign him for a day, so he'd be eligible for the Masterton Trophy. And maybe suit up for a game... But I'd love to see him get to live out his dream and play in an NHL game. He's been through enough at the hands of the league, team, SafeSport, the NHLPA... Poor dude has been the victim in every way so far. It would be nice to see him get something positive.

Listening to his TSN interview now. What an amazing person; he's been through so much. I hope he gets his chance. the $2M should go to him - it's a pittance given how his career was ruined as a result of this incident.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next