OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Brad Aldrich
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:06 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Figured this very, VERY ugly situation deserves a separate thread.

Anyway, some new details have come out and they are equally horrifying and disgusting. Not gonna post it here--look up Rick Westhead's Twitter if you wish to know more.

The fact this man engaged in such monstrous acts and the victim was not only ignored, but TAUNTED by his teammates just makes me want to light a match and watch United Center burn to the ground. Everyone, every single fucking person who had any knowledge whatsoever and did nothing deserves to lose their jobs.

Post subject: Re: Brad Aldrich
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:35 pm 

[rant]
I hear stories like this pretty much every day so I've been avoiding reading too much about it. At least in my work, I can do something about it - but with this, I can't. And apparently, neither can the NHL. For all their showboating about doing the right thing - they never, ever, do unless forced. And even then... The League's response to racism was pathetic. Their response to sexism was a little better than pathetic. But their inability and unwillingness to protect their own fucking players from their adult employees... The NHL is the new Catholic Church of old in my books. No reason to expect any kind of moral behaviour from this bunch.

Why isn't everyone associated with this - including Bergevin - immediately suspended? Oh right - they're bigwigs. Why was this hidden? Oh right - it's the Wirtz's. Why does this keep going on? Oh right - people still pay big money for the product. The NHL has become the worst reality show and only survives because the product they took control over is a good product. Too bad I can't say the same thing for the owners (custodians?) of the product.
[/rant]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:22 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Everyone who helped cover this up deserves the same done to them- in prison.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:56 pm 
Big in Japan

It's assumed Bergevin will leave his current job in a year when his contract expires. I think it's because of this. He'll ride off into the sunset.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:33 am 

E.L. wrote:
It's assumed Bergevin will leave his current job in a year when his contract expires. I think it's because of this. He'll ride off into the sunset.

If he knew about this and helped cover it up, he should be fired immediately, regardless of the Habs' playoff success. Those who covered it up essentially helped this scumbag prey on at least one child. No second chances for that.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:45 am 
OTP Historian

This whole thing is awful and players talking shit in practice...fuuck.

It was a person in marketing who said it was an open secret...but Bergevin and Cheveldayoff didn't know? Get the fuck out.

A video coach. They covered this up for a video coach. Imagine the lengths that they would go to to protect Kane.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:26 am 
OTP Clown

The culture is corrupt.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:02 pm 

I wanna know which players gave him shit. If it was Toews and/or Keith I never, ever want to hear another fucking word about what great leaders those two are. I've always thought Toews was a whiny little pissant anyway, so my opinion of him isn't high to begin with.

I've no doubt whatsoever Kane was one of them. It's kinda hard to think any lower of that man already.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:35 pm 

When a player is suspected of domestic abuse - they're suspended until the investigation is concluded.

The franchise should likewise be suspended.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:23 pm 

Forgot that Stan goddamn fucking Bowman is the GM of Team USA.

I usually don't root that hard for my own team (for whatever reason most of the American players are guys I don't usually like in the NHL) but this time, not rooting for them AT ALL. Couple this with the fact that Vanbiesbrouck is still running things at USA Hockey. UUUUUUUuuuuuugh...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:27 pm 
Improvement on the US678 prototype

Just wow!

https://www.tsn.ca/rick-westhead-former ... -1.1680876

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:10 pm 
King of Men

Scott 679 wrote:

Gross. This guy seems to be a great candidate for chemical castration.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:32 pm 

Pokecheque wrote:
Forgot that Stan goddamn fucking Bowman is the GM of Team USA.

I usually don't root that hard for my own team (for whatever reason most of the American players are guys I don't usually like in the NHL) but this time, not rooting for them AT ALL. Couple this with the fact that Vanbiesbrouck is still running things at USA Hockey. UUUUUUUuuuuuugh...

https://www.tsn.ca/rick-westhead-usopc-rebuffs-request-to-suspend-bowman-1.1693863

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:32 pm 
Big in Japan

Report out today. Bowman steps down. The only guy still with the org who was at some infamous meeting where it all came out. McDonough and Cheveldayoff among the others present. The Wirtz's and Bergevin get off scot-free.

They basically doxxed the victim, which I'll post here since this board isn't gonna wind up on the news: Kyle Beach.

The Wirtz's called the details of the report sickening.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:35 pm 
Big in Japan

Full report here if you've got time for 107 pages:

https://www.nhl.com/blackhawks/news/a-l ... -327256644

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:00 pm 
King of Men

Oh wow....even if you aren't sold on the he said, he said of consensual or non contact, the way the Hawks and their staff handled Aldrich (a predator) is downright terrible. It was reported and something should have been done.....I hope they all get fired and that poor kid gets paid!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:08 pm 
Big in Japan

The big problem is they got together after the incident, decided to do nothing, then Aldrich did it again, this time to an intern.

Quenneville in the report said he didn't want to disrupt team chemistry, and lied about what he knew in July. Not good.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:26 pm 

Very disheartening and disappointing to read about what Quenneville did. Beyond the pale. Of all the guys embroiled in this sad, sordid mess, he's the one person I genuinely believed to be a good human being. But you can't call yourself a human being and enable a sexual predator repeatedly. No championship is worth that.

I'm guessing Cheveldayoff is getting fired after this season but that, like Bowman, has more to do with the on-ice product than it does anything to do with his role in this garbage.

Also, if Bowman in any way, shape, or form is allowed to continue in his role with the US Olympic Team, USA Hockey should be burned to the ground.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:35 pm 
OTPoliceman

From Rick Westhead on twitter: "Worth remembering that the Blackhawks many months ago in their statement of defence wrote that allegations of abuse and a coverup had already been investigated and found to be without merit." So how about the NHL BOG and Commissioner Gary Bettman do the right thing and tell the Wirtz family to sell the team. Think MLB and Marge Schott.
Yeah Tom and Eric, Cheveldayoff and Quennville need to be fired immediately. This is Penn State level bullshit.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:01 pm 

If USA Hockey lets Bowman stay involved, I'll fucking slay them on every social media platform known to man. They make us coaches go through all sorts of SafeSport training every year, get background checks every other year, etc. The whole message of SafeSport? If you hear ANY accusation, you send it up the ladder of your org AND you report it to the police. You are not trained to investigate, etc. So call the police. If you are found to have not reported any sort of abuse- you're gone from coaching. Period. Bowman and co's lack of any real action lead to a child being a victim of this scumbag, so he and Quenneville, etc deserve the same. Fuck them. Absolutely no respect for any of those pieces of shit.