OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:36 pm 
King of Men

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=421504

Quote:
In the post-game interview, Team 1040 reporter Karen Thomson asked Keith if a penalty went uncalled on a two-handed slash he gave to the back of Daniel Sedin on the Canucks' third goal of the contest.

"Oh, no. I don't think there was," Keith said when asked if a penalty went undetected. "I think he scored a nice goal, and that's what the ref saw. Maybe we should get you as a ref maybe, hey?"

Thomson responded with "Yeah, maybe. Can't skate though," to which Keith said, "First female referee - You can't probably play either, right? But you're thinking the game, like you know it? See ya."

Thomson released a statement on Tuesday saying she was moving on from the incident.

"Hockey is an emotional game and things are often said in the heat of the moment," she said. "I think this is what happened last night. I've moved on."

I think farting in the urinal next to me while I am held prisoner is more offensive. Next time she interviews him he should just look at her and break wind. :wookie:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:17 pm 
2003-04 Goalie Profiles Coming Soon!

Breaking news item: Duncan Keith realizes human standing next to him has boobs.

:steamingpileofcrap:

- Ancient Chinese Proverb

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:05 pm 
OTP Clown

I love that he did that. It's about time someone stood up to the inane questions asked by hockey reporters...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:48 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

My biggest question is- does he think refs play?

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 8:11 am 

Maybe the whole Hawks organization has an issue with female reporters:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck- ... 22299.html

Really? Firing someone because she made a verbal mistake? Sure it sounds bad, but they only drew more attention to it by firing her. I hadn't heard about it. And the excuse that they suddenly found out about her prior job sounds like 100% lean bullshit.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:56 am 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Chris18 wrote:

Really? Firing someone because she made a verbal mistake? Sure it sounds bad, but they only drew more attention to it by firing her. I hadn't heard about it. And the excuse that they suddenly found out about her prior job sounds like 100% lean bullshit.

Well, there were also some YouTube videos that were kinda racy that ironically led to her big break. Rocky Wirtz took issue with those I believe moreso than the gaffe, but seeing as how he pays millions to a kid who makes a far more foolish public spectacle of himself in the offseason I call foul on this.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 12:40 pm 
King of Men

:can:

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 3:46 pm 

Av-merican wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

Well, there were also some YouTube videos that were kinda racy that ironically led to her big break. Rocky Wirtz took issue with those I believe moreso than the gaffe, but seeing as how he pays millions to a kid who makes a far more foolish public spectacle of himself in the offseason I call foul on this.

Right, but he happened to suddenly find out about all that the day after she makes a verbal slip? And who knows, maybe it wasn't as much of a slip as a publicity stunt?

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 4:58 pm 
Big in Japan

Chris18 wrote:
And who knows, maybe it wasn't as much of a slip as a publicity stunt?

My first thought.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:32 pm 
2003-04 Goalie Profiles Coming Soon!

I don't know. I actually assume it was pretty accurate reporting.

:steamingpileofcrap:

- Ancient Chinese Proverb

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:09 am 

saskhab wrote:

And there's that.
Now if she said something like "The Blackhawks have had a lot of sex with each other in the showers after games", then I could see them being upset. But I don't think what she "let slip" was libel. Just my $0.02.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 11:05 am 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Chris18 wrote:
saskhab wrote:

And there's that.
Now if she said something like "The Blackhawks have had a lot of sex with each other in the showers after games", then I could see them being upset. But I don't think what she "let slip" was libel. Just my $0.02.

If You Can Play, You Can Play. :eng101: