:steamingpileofcrap:

- Ancient Chinese Proverb

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 12:06 am 
Promoted from Lt. Chaos

Much win there!

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 2:54 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/ho ... 1347.story

This is getting dangerously close to not being a question of whether Kane wants to stop but rather whether he can. I would have thought the last few public humiliations would have been enough to set him straight, but apparently not.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 3:27 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

He doesn't have a drinking problem: He has a problem with not drinking.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 4:57 pm 
2003-04 Goalie Profiles Coming Soon!

Remember that The Hockey News feature that calculated how much it cost the Kanes to essentially get Patrick to the elite of the world? I can't say I'd be exactly proud of my efforts if this is how my kid turned out.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 7:39 pm 
OTP Clown

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/ro ... 180.column

If he's on the block, I'd only trade Gomez for him...

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 11:23 am 

Stinky wrote:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/rosenblog/chi-reasons-to-trade-patrick-kane-20120514,0,746180.column

Fuck, the dude is an elite player that is a point per game in the regular season and playoffs. He's an asshole, and if all the allegations are true, he's the Rothlisberger of the NHL. But he's a damn good hockey player that wins more games for your team than 95% of the NHL.

Pro sports isn't a ground for making public declarations against douchebags. If you're going to do that, you'll never win.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 11:41 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Damn Sask, you went off on Stink there as if he has some pull with Bergevin. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 12:03 pm 

Stinky wrote:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/rosenblog/chi-reasons-to-trade-patrick-kane-20120514,0,746180.column

Glad to know the Avs would win any bidding war against the Habs for his services.

Dude is ridiculously good. And that's part of the problem with him--he's so fucking good that none of his off-ice antics take a toll on his off-ice performance. I'd trade pretty much anyone short of O'Reilly for him, and even then I'd definitely be hard-pressed to keep ROR off limits.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 3:10 pm 
Big in Japan

My problem with Kane isn't that he black-out drinks. My problem is that he's dumb enough to keep getting caught.

And even if he showed up to practice with a skag needle in his arm, I'm pretty sure BowJu wouldn't trade him for scraps.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 4:42 pm 
OTP Clown

He's actually not a point per game player.

He's a disinterested fuck who can't find the back of the net in clutch situations anymore.

Here are his totals

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdis ... ?pid=96554

23 goals and 43 assists last year. He doesn't earn his money.

fuck him.

He's not as elite as he was...

Again, I wouldn't trade Gomez for him as Kane is damaged goods who you'd be stuck with for years.

One bad contract for another bad contract.

Fuck him.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 4:53 pm 

Stinky wrote:
He's actually not a point per game player.

He's a disinterested fuck who can't find the back of the net in clutch situations anymore.

Here are his totals

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdis ... ?pid=96554

23 goals and 43 assists last year. He doesn't earn his money.

fuck him.

He's not as elite as he was...

Again, I wouldn't trade Gomez for him as Kane is damaged goods who you'd be stuck with for years.

One bad contract for another bad contract.

Fuck him.

and one goal in last 13 playoff games and as much interest in defense as Semin. Unless I had a grudge against cabbies I wouldn't want him on my team, would rather have Mason Raymond not producing any goals in the playoffs at 2.5 million, at least he'll show up to lend the D a hand

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 5:24 pm 

The fact that he didn't score more on Luongo in 2011 is a bit weird, I agree. The fact that he didn't score on Mike Smith who put up a .950 SV% vs. Chicago isn't that weird at all.

Yeah, he dropped to 66 points this year after being point per game or above the past two. Thing is, 66 points is still 1st line production (you'll find the name Patrick Kane 34th in points for forwards on NHL.com for 2011-12), and it was a down year. And he did it while playing half the year out of his natural position.

"Mistake for years" there are 3 years left on Kane's contract, 2 on Gomez's.

Why do you require Kane to play defence? The Hawks have Bolland, Hossa, Sharp and Toews. Montreal has Plekanec, Gionta, Eller and Pacioretty. Besides, Kane demands the attention of all the top defenders league-wide, freeing up your players that, by everyone else's standard, aren't as good as him to face worse players.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 2:12 pm 

saskhab wrote:

Why do you require Kane to play defence? The Hawks have Bolland, Hossa, Sharp and Toews. Montreal has Plekanec, Gionta, Eller and Pacioretty. Besides, Kane demands the attention of all the top defenders league-wide, freeing up your players that, by everyone else's standard, aren't as good as him to face worse players.

Nothing objective just complete personal bias. When I used to play team sports I detested the "cherry pickers", the guys that would not come back all the way, always hovering up high in the D zone, looking for a quick turn around and a chance to hog the glory. When one of your teammates does not get that it is a "team" game and that they need to put in as much effort on both ends of the ice as everyone else does I think it takes a toll on team morale and making exceptions for talented goal scorers is a problem.

Now is that just my personal bias or does it really translate into reduced performance by the team? No way of knowing for certain but I'd love to see a secret poll of junior, and professional players to gather their thoughts on the matter.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 3:17 pm 
OTP Historian

Fogghorn wrote:
saskhab wrote:

Nothing objective just complete personal bias. When I used to play team sports I detested the "cherry pickers", the guys that would not come back all the way, always hovering up high in the D zone, looking for a quick turn around and a chance to hog the glory. When one of your teammates does not get that it is a "team" game and that they need to put in as much effort on both ends of the ice as everyone else does I think it takes a toll on team morale and making exceptions for talented goal scorers is a problem.

Now is that just my personal bias or does it really translate into reduced performance by the team? No way of knowing for certain but I'd love to see a secret poll of junior, and professional players to gather their thoughts on the matter.

Here's the thing...what is the direction from the coaches? Was the player on your team simply acting under the direction of the coaches, or was he purposely ignoring it? It's one thing to ignore it but another if he was asked specifically to focus only on offense. Players have different roles under different coaches for sure.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 3:52 pm 
Big in Japan

Bosc wrote:
Here's the thing...what is the direction from the coaches?

Well I don't think Joel is a firm believer in using a designated driver...oh, you meant hockey-wise.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 11:14 pm 
OTP Historian

E.L. wrote:
Bosc wrote:
Here's the thing...what is the direction from the coaches?

Well I don't think Joel is a firm believer in using a designated driver...oh, you meant hockey-wise.

:rimcrash:

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 11:20 pm 

http://deadspin.com/5909568/here-are-th ... /gallery/1

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 2:19 am 

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/co ... 226.column