OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:03 am 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Huh. Dundon making some waves again with some of his remarks. Says so long as he's there the team will never draft defense in the first round. Now...whether that means he'll never draft a defenseman or if he just means he won't allow the team to draft two-way or defensive-minded players (which I would then agree with) I'm not sure.

Also...this.

https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/statu ... 4960794624

Quote:
Word is the Habs are wearing their white sweaters at home tonight at the request of visiting Carolina. The Hurricanes try to wear their reds whenever possible. Word is Carolina owner Tom Dundon not a big fan of their whites

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:44 am 
OTP Clown

Fuck them.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:35 am 
OTP Historian

White sweaters at home is one of my old man yelling at clouds opinions. Bring back home white sweaters.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:36 pm 

Bosc wrote:
White sweaters at home is one of my old man yelling at clouds opinions. Bring back home white sweaters.

absodamnloutely!!!

I miss being able to take a quick look at sports highlights and knowing where they are are playing. But reality is coloured uni's sell better and fans want to where them to games so its a money issue.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:06 pm 

The league claims it was a cost-cutting measure because the rise of third jerseys was prompting other teams to have to lug around extras on road trips. I'd rather see whites at home (the Avs IMO have a better white jersey than they do a colored one) but I can see why they made the change.

AHL interestingly has no set rule when it comes to what a team wears on the road vs. home. Some have suggested teams go with color vs. color, though there could be some hurdles to clear with color blind players like Tyson Jost. I'd think it would be super-easy with a team like the Preds who use gold jerseys. If any team should ditch their whites, it's them.

I would kinda like that as you see teams like the Dallas Cowboys wear their whites all the time, apparently they HATE wearing their blues and so teams (like their arch rivals, the Washington Racist-Names) don their whites at home to force them to wear a color they don't want. I would TOTALLY do that with the Canes.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:15 pm 

https://www.tsn.ca/canes-g-darling-take ... -1.1255486

Scott Darling, who isn't doing much better in the AHL than he was in the NHL, requests a leave of absence from hockey.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:05 pm 
OTP Clown

I love the victory celebrations. Don Cherry is a dumbass again.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:11 pm 

I take double pleasure in seeing the Canes win at home and celebrate because 1. It's awesome but also 2. Every uptight old-school waste of skin gets soooooo enraged about it. It's kinda hilarious.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:35 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

1 point behind the Pens. Back from the dead.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:25 am 
Big in Japan

Everybody's talking about them now. Anyone who upends the boring status quo is alright with me.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:59 pm 

wow I just noticed who the moderator is for this forum......I can barely recall the guy.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:16 pm 

Fogghorn wrote:
wow I just noticed who the moderator is for this forum......I can barely recall the guy.

Ah, Chuck. He is missed. Bet he's happy now that the Canes have possibly their first homegrown superstar in possibly forever.

Hope contract negotiations with Aho go better than they did with Lindholm.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:48 am 
Big in Japan

https://twitter.com/jbkellner/status/11 ... 2272645120

*Harry Nilsson voice* "Everybody's talking about them"

Bettman and Daly were in Raleigh, of all places, last night. Really goes to show that winning changes everything. This is a great market, but a decade outside the playoffs and an absentee semi-retired owner kept people away.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 8:36 pm 
Big in Japan

Winning changes everything. Unless you're in Glendale.

Quote:
@PierreVLeBrun
Impact of Carolina’s dream season: a year ago at this time, the ‘Canes had sold $500k in new ticket business for the following season. A source says as of yesterday, the ‘Canes had sold $3.6 M in new tix business for next season. Not renewals. New business. That is something.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 6:46 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

E.L. wrote:
Winning changes everything. Unless you're in Glendale.

Quote:
@PierreVLeBrun
Impact of Carolina’s dream season: a year ago at this time, the ‘Canes had sold $500k in new ticket business for the following season. A source says as of yesterday, the ‘Canes had sold $3.6 M in new tix business for next season. Not renewals. New business. That is something.

Hell of an increase! Good for them. Good for the league.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:25 pm 

Guess this means the Canes aren't really looking to deal Faulk.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/blackhawks ... n-forsberg

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:02 pm 

The Canes trade Scott Darling to FLA (who will buy him out) in exchange for James Reimer. And it appears they're looking to trade Reimer themselves, which still leaves Carolina's situation in goal completely up in the air.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:47 pm 
Big in Japan

If they don't get a goalie and lowball Aho into leaving, fuck this cheapo organization to hell. Or Quebec City...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:31 pm 

There was talk about Dundon trying to "take the power back" when it comes to negotiations, which is why contract talks became so acrimonious between the team and Elias Lindholm. But this is not Lindholm, this is a legitimate superstar-in-the-making, he may already be the greatest player in this franchise's history. You gotta sign him.

Amazing Dundon dropped, like, hundreds of millions on a football league that didn't even last two months and yet he's fretting about paying the best athlete on his current payroll $9 million per annum.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:03 pm 
Big in Japan

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next