OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:45 pm 
Big in Japan

Pokecheque wrote:
Justin Williams announces he is "stepping away" from hockey for the time being, just stopping short of announcing his retirement.

I'm guessing he'll sit out long enough to avoid training camp and then jump back in for one last run.

Pull a Mike Fisher? Yeah, makes sense.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:44 pm 
Big in Japan

I don't think the Canes thought when they dumped Calvin De Haan after one season that they'd be able to pick up the superior Jake Gardiner for even less money, but they did.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:52 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

E.L. wrote:
I don't think the Canes thought when they dumped Calvin De Haan after one season that they'd be able to pick up the superior Jake Gardiner for even less money, but they did.

That's an insane steal, unless whatever concerns there are about Jake's back end up being justified. Regardless, I can't believe he had to settle for a discount like this.

Glad that's over with at least.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:54 pm 
OTP Historian

Pokecheque wrote:
E.L. wrote:

That's an insane steal, unless whatever concerns there are about Jake's back end up being justified. Regardless, I can't believe he had to settle for a discount like this.

Beer league Leaf fans I play with can't stand the guy. His mistakes are GLARING and you have a hard time convincing them that the good outweighs the bad.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:06 pm 

Bosc wrote:
Beer league Leaf fans I play with can't stand the guy. His mistakes are GLARING and you have a hard time convincing them that the good outweighs the bad.

Welllllll I can't say I've seen a ton of Jake's game, but if they have a problem with his defensive game, they likely will have a problem with Barrie's as well. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:09 pm 
Big in Japan

Bosc wrote:
Pokecheque wrote:
E.L. wrote:

The same type of oaf that ran Petry and Subban out of town. If you handle the puck, you're going to give it away more than a stay-at-home who doesn't do shit. It's logical. You never remember all the times he calmly and swiftly moved the puck out of harm's way or kickstarted a rush down the ice.

Statistically, the Leafs were so much better when he was in the lineup compared to when he was out with injury, it's not even funny. There's a reason they ran out and got Tyson Barrie.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:35 pm 

My God, they really might get Ondrej Kase in exchange for Justin Faulk...???

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:07 pm 

Well right now everyone is talking about the Carolina Hurricanes because they're holding Faulk off the ice from practice, and Brind'Amour said he was healthy, so...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:22 pm 

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://twitter.com/budds_patrick/statu ... 8430865408