OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:09 pm 
King of Men

I would be amiss if I did not see a glimmer of hope in the Sharangovich, Kumezkov, Huberdeau line. They beat the Bruins who couldn't overcome their severe hangover (even Jack sounded wasted). Marchand diving and getting awarded a 5 minute and 4 minute power play couldn't even help the Bruins. The only person on point for Boston was Todd Angilly and the Garden booed them accordingly. Hopefully they are better against those knobs from Vancouver.

However.....the SHAK line SHarK line, DeauKovich, I don't care what they are called...just let them play together because they looked like they liked hockey again. Huberdeau woke up from a year and a half slumber.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:12 pm 
King of Men

Oh yes and before I forget that was a Jacob Pelletier sighting. Good to have him back.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:13 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

harmfuljays wrote:
I would be amiss if I did not see a glimmer of hope in the Sharangovich, Kumezkov, Huberdeau line. They beat the Bruins who couldn't overcome their severe hangover (even Jack sounded wasted). Marchand diving and getting awarded a 5 minute and 4 minute power play couldn't even help the Bruins. The only person on point for Boston was Todd Angilly and the Garden booed them accordingly. Hopefully they are better against those knobs from Vancouver.

However.....the SHAK line SHarK line, DeauKovich, I don't care what they are called...just let them play together because they looked like they liked hockey again.

Wait...that was a line? Who was the center!?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:18 pm 
King of Men

Pokecheque wrote:
harmfuljays wrote:

However.....the SHAK line SHarK line, DeauKovich, I don't care what they are called...just let them play together because they looked like they liked hockey again.

Wait...that was a line? Who was the center!?

Sharangovich......they were noticeably good......which was shocking. Instant chemistry. Huberdeau had a goal and 2 assists..... :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:33 pm 

harmfuljays wrote:
Sharangovich......they were noticeably good......which was shocking. Instant chemistry. Huberdeau had a goal and 2 assists..... :shock:

Huh. Didn't know he could play center. Interesting.

I'm guessing Huska and the Flames ultimately want Zary to take that spot but in the meantime sure, I've always like Sharangovich as a player.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:21 pm 
King of Men

3 weeks until the deadline and there is smoke on the horizon.....Markstrom is in play which is the right move. I'd rather watch a team full of youthful exuberance try to find their way until they Buffalo out. Not sure I really like the familiarity in trading partners but...what in the world could Jersey have....that the Flames haven't had before or need. Is it a swap of 6 Million? Dawson Mercer is intriguing.

I just saw that the Devils are still paying for Kovalchuk in some manner or another....ouch......5 years after signing a 15 year he's done.....that's 10 years of free retirement and being setup for life.

I suppose when you don't strive for greatness they don't hand out things like that.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:22 pm 

Apparently New Jersey and Calgary were so close to a Markstrom deal that they went to Markstrom to waive his no-trade, and he did, but then the deal fell apart.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:02 am 
King of Men

I think its officially safe to say that Dustin Wolfs starts this year have not been good. But I would rather see him with regular starts at this point.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:48 am 
King of Men

Somehow the Flames survive a 1st period Natural Hatty from Sean Monahan (good for him). Winnipeg must have taken the day off.

Huberdeau has been much better lately....however he is going to need to score at a PPG pace for the rest of the way to avoid naming this a complete disaster.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:34 pm 
Big in Japan

I liked Conroy's haul for Lindholm, but I'm less impressed with what he got for Tanev. The best RD on the market ought to get you more than a 2nd, a B prospect and a whatever pick.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:58 am 
King of Men

This is a paltry return but I thought Tanev was overvalued anyway.

So I would assume some folks would say this is a bad trade depending on their value of Tanev. The Flames, fanned by the media, really tried to turn this into a first round pick which I thought was way too much to ask. I think this is a fair return.

Best of luck (and less taxes) to Tanev .

Craig continues to unload.....up next Hannafin or Markstrom please.

Honestly I am probably a happier fan with all of these folks gone....especially if Dustin Wolf carries the load the rest of the way.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:57 pm 
King of Men

I have a feeling Hannafin ends up in Boston flipped for Jake Debrusk and perhaps some picks. Either way it sounds like Hannafin isn't doing Craig any favors and this one could be the worst one yet.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:45 pm 

Hmmmmm...now if I'm a Calgary fan I'm officially concerned.

Reports are out now that the Flames are holding onto Jacob Markstrom for the rest of the season. Apparently to send the "right message" to the team. What!?

Either Craig Conroy isn't a good GM or ownership is stepping in and calling the shots. Methinks it's more the latter than the former.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:05 pm 
Big in Japan

Whoever gives Hanifin 8M AAV in free agency is going to be disappointed. Good not great defenceman.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:25 am 
King of Men

Pokecheque wrote:
Hmmmmm...now if I'm a Calgary fan I'm officially concerned.

Reports are out now that the Flames are holding onto Jacob Markstrom for the rest of the season. Apparently to send the "right message" to the team. What!?

Either Craig Conroy isn't a good GM or ownership is stepping in and calling the shots. Methinks it's more the latter than the former.

That's silly. Dustin Wolf IS the right message. I don't care how bad he stinks up the joint this season. Can't be any worse than the Flames were at the start or Huberdeau in general. In regards to Markstrom....I don't buy it completely. I think they have tried to shop him but can't find a taker at his price point. There are better options out there.

We have to consider that Flames ownership is also concerned with building a new barn. I don't know what the local temperature is in Calgary towards the Flames.....(don't listen to 960 much anymore). I could see ownership pushing the "retool" label instead of "rebuild." Going to need Hrudey and his rose colored glasses to help sell that. I don't think anyone will be fooled by holding on to Markstrom.

https://www.calgary.ca/major-projects/event-centre.html

https://calgaryherald.com/news/calgary- ... s-released

Yep I also agree with Hanafin......he's looking at his next payday which is causing problems for Craig. I am sure he feels he is worth 8 Mil and the Flames think he is worth a first rounder. I don't believe either one is true. He's a 3/4 who wants to be paid like a 1/2. Unfortunately Craig is committed to moving him so I think expectations might need to be lowered. If some fans are mad about the Tanev return........hold Craig's beer.

Even with no 1st rounder in 2024 I think the Bruins could have the tools to make this Hanafin trade work. However, I doubt the Bruins will want to pay him 8 Mil.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nhl/as ... r-BB1j70kL

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:01 pm 

https://twitter.com/EricFrancis/status/ ... 2436822457

Markstrom is not pleased.

So based on what I'm reading from both Francis and LeBrun say it's not dead yet. There's reason to believe the deal between the Devils and Flames that would've sent Markstrom packing got scuttled when Calgary reneged on their agreement to retain salary. According to LeBrun, the Devils have said they're willing to do the deal with no retention...which definitely indicates they're desperate and don't really have any other recourse to save their season. If I'm Conroy I milk this for all it's worth and make Fitzgerald throw something else of value in.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:20 am 
King of Men

Not a particularly good look from the Flames here. While trying to walk on egg shells they ultimately can't please everybody or anybody. Hopefully this indicates Markstrom is gone and we can turn the page on this too.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:28 am 
King of Men

Yeesh.....Pospisil attempt to motivate this bunch....runs around the rink throwing around questionable hits..........gets called to represent and goes all Dion by refusing to engage. Eventually he goes too far and gets tossed for another shitty hit (see below).

This behaviour.....I do not like but I do appreciate the energy. Turned me off from Dion back in the day too. If you are going to run around taking cheap shots on dudes you better man up.

That's part of the code I can respect.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:23 pm 

The hit on Larsson was ugly but that seemed more a result of Larsson looking down at the puck and being in an awkward position. The hit on Dunn was inexcusable.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:42 pm 
King of Men

Hannafin goes to Vegas..............no report on the other way. This should be good.....wait and see. :can:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next