OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 9:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:20 pm 
King of Men

Flames pick up AJ Greer off of waivers from Boston. An upgrade on Dryden Hunt at least IMO!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:46 pm 
Big in Japan

Huberdeau sounds like a new man in camp. How he goes, the Flames will go.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:54 pm 
King of Men

Well and that's that. No surprises other than AJ Greer making the opening day roster...just not in Boston.

Let's get this show on the road.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:45 am 
King of Men

Usually I wait 10 games to comment but I've seen this team before.

It only took 6 games for me to start yelling at the tv while watching the Flames (not in a positive manner). Detroit looks great! Calgary...not so much....like a bunch of individuals that were told go out and play your game...the coach will just watch.

Kadri and Huberdeau continue to play awful hockey and are now joined by a plethora of pinching D men who are embracing their offensive gifts... :roll:

MangePunani looks good so far and Lindholm obviously wants to get paid. Vladar keeps playing this way and we should see Wolf sooner rather than later.

Rasmus gets suspended 4 games and will miss the Heritage game next Sunday unless his appeal gets heard. Was the hit stupid...sure....but 4 games? C'mon now.....maybe it woke Laine up. Too bad it wasn't Johnny.

Still early but some clean up needs to happen.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:54 pm 
King of Men

Let the disaster begin....Zadorov goes on record and basically makes very public what I just said above.

Rasmus has his 4 game suspension upheld......the NHL doesn't want Senior A Whale Shit hockey on display at ALL!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:52 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

This is gonna be the worst Heritage/Winter Classic ever. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:05 pm 
Big in Japan

Pokecheque wrote:
This is gonna be the worst Heritage/Winter Classic ever. :lol:

I understand that it's painfully cold in Alberta in winter, but a Heritage Classic in October just isn't right.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:57 am 
King of Men

This team reminds me of when I traded in my piece of shit Matrix for a Tacoma and then tried to mod the shit out of it.....over compensating for what it actually was. Until I went too far....broke it and then learned to just enjoy it within its limits.

Its certainly clear that a rudderless, do what feels good approach is not the answer either. I feel bad for Conroy in this situation...shitty product....shitty spot to be in. Huska doesn't seem to have command of the room and probably never will. Mitch Love is lucky he dodged the bullet.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:56 pm 
King of Men

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/fl ... ns-season/

Quote:
Flames pause all contract talks as slide threatens season

Uh oh!

Can we just leave Kadri in Dallas tomorrow night?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:05 pm 
Big in Japan

Does Calgary want Monahan back?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:27 am 
King of Men

Huska stops being the players coach and finally benches Huberdeau for the entire 3rd last night. Consequently, the Flames came alive.....even several Kadri sightings and another W!

10 Million dollars and this guy is attempting a no look, side pass through 2 defenders looking for a pinching Zadorov? Give me a fn break.....If that's what it takes for Huska to act so be it.

If and when they trade everyone they can send Hrudey packing too. That old boy is afraid to say anything critical....even when the camera was panning to a lonely Huberdeau on the the end of the bench.

Put in Francis! At least he keeps it real.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:26 pm 

I certainly do not expect Hubie to be okay with a major benching but his body language was making it VERY obvious he did not like it.

Can't help but wonder if Huberdeau isn't the talent we thought he was. I don't put him in the elite gamebreaker category but I definitely thought he could be that guy who could drive a line all on his own. That don't appear to be the case.

I'm guessing this turns into some kind of trade where Calgary retains a portion of the salary and gets a modest return just to rid themselves of the contract. Flames are headed toward a rebuild (at least they damn well better be) so it doesn't make sense for them to keep him around.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:50 pm 
King of Men

Pokecheque wrote:
Can't help but wonder if Huberdeau isn't the talent we thought he was. I don't put him in the elite gamebreaker category but I definitely thought he could be that guy who could drive a line all on his own. That don't appear to be the case.

I'm guessing this turns into some kind of trade where Calgary retains a portion of the salary and gets a modest return just to rid themselves of the contract. Flames are headed toward a rebuild (at least they damn well better be) so it doesn't make sense for them to keep him around.

Yep completely agree....he clearly had everybody fooled....most of all Brad Treliving....10 Millions dollars for a guy that can't carry a line is a disaster. Sadly there isn't a team out there with enough space to take this other than Chicago or maybe Anaheim (tossing in Vladar there) and then they would have to take something bad back in return like Gibson or Taylor Hall. Ironically....their most ideal partner with unwanted UFAs is Brad himself. I don't see any way out for the Flames here that isn't going to hurt like hell. At least they got that new Arena deal done!

Shit this guy might think he has died and gone to heaven playing next to Bedard.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:30 pm 
King of Men

Dustin Wolff gets the call finally. Not sure why the Flames need to "find" someone to play with Huberdeau.......they need to find someone to "take" Huberdeau.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:43 am 
King of Men

Flames continue to turn the puck over and play no D.....somehow they meet a team in the Maple Leafs that is just as bad on D and in goal. Zadorov fancies himself a star D man now and demands a trade...to the Leafs...... :lol:

To his defence....the putrid pairing of Hannafin and Tanev, who both look disinterested in anything other than moving on, were continuously rolled out. The stats from last night do NOT state how bad they both played.

Let's go Craig....time to start packing these boys up!

Calgary and Edmonton this year remind me of that old Cleveland tourism video that used to end with we're not Detroit!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:48 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Supposedly Zadarov has requested a trade. https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/fl ... ple-leafs/

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 11:59 am 

Chris18 wrote:
Supposedly Zadarov has requested a trade. https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/fl ... ple-leafs/

Gotta love Z, on a night where he has a goal and his big hit on Lil’ Bert makes all the highlight reels and all while in the same town as his old GM, he enters the transfer portal. :lol:

He’s likely lining himself up for a big payday. I’m a big fan of the player but I’m not sure he’s much more than a third pairing defender. Definitely not a top pairing guy.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 1:11 pm 
King of Men

Quote:
Additionally, when asked by a user if Zadorov could stay in Calgary, Milstein replied, 'I don't think so. Not when the best D barely gets ice time...'

Yeah I saw this......and just laughed. But last night he was and this season everyone has sucked so there is that. I am sure they will all play great D again tonight against the Sens.

Zadorov, and Hrudey to Toronto for Robertson and the disregarded Hall and Oates song. Hell maybe they can get Nylander with Hanafin and one of these other beauts.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:18 pm 
King of Men

A great way to cause even more damage is call up Dustin Wolf and let him play behind these checked out turds. Lets go Craig!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:14 pm 
King of Men

So I read an interesting article the other day about the Flames switching from man to man d to zone. There were quite a few facts associated with it...quite honestly I should find it. Ok here it is

https://flamesnation.ca/news/how-has-th ... ary-flames

The author is extremely kind and forgiving about why and the room for improvement. Thank you Free article guy!

I find it hard to play zone when the D has free will to pinch. That REALLY requires confidence or communication in your supporting forward. And its quite clear that empowering the impending UFA D Men hasn't worked very well....be it the teacher or the implementation of the system overall. Its also of note that a lot of forwards obviously don't like having to cover the zone for the likes of a Zadorov charging the net. Maybe in time it could have worked for everyone but we're not going to find out.

In an act of mercy Dustin Wolf is sent back down as Markstrom returns. To save his goaltending soul I would leave him there until Calgary figures itself out.

We're not Edmonton!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next