OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 5:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:04 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

E.L. wrote:
Do they try to move on from Huberdeau and Weegar this offseason? Call a Mulligan and try again?

There is no way anyone is taking Huberdeau's deal after this season.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:32 pm 
King of Men

Pokecheque wrote:
E.L. wrote:
Do they try to move on from Huberdeau and Weegar this offseason? Call a Mulligan and try again?

Yeah...not looking to follow the Vancouver model quite yet. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:45 pm 
King of Men

Well they do something......one Ritchie for another....Isn't this Nick Ritchie's 2nd tour of duty or do I have it confused with his painful stint in Boston?

Connor Mackey for Troy Stetcher? Why? :hrm:

Hunt for Zohorna............ok.........I thought Hunt was on the Avalanche.

I am surprised this team didn't end up with Old Boesser or JT Miller......

Ho hum...well its something. Let's win 20 in a row!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:04 pm 
King of Men

Well the countdown is on. After not even showing up to the wild they have now dropped 5 in a row on this testing 7 game swing. Dallas tonight who seems to be getting their act together.

EDITED FOR POOR NON COFFEE MATH :oops: . 19 Games left equals 38 points left up for grabs.....they will need to win games 5 outright just to re-sniff the wild card race. I would estimate either 13 or 14 wins are required to get in for them. Not very realistic. The odds of playoffs are at 34% for this team and dropping.

https://moneypuck.com/predictions.htm

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:43 pm 
Big in Japan

harmfuljays wrote:
Pokecheque wrote:
E.L. wrote:

Yeah...not looking to follow the Vancouver model quite yet. ;)

I mean, I know it sounds crazy but could a Hubie for JT trade make any sense? Kinda like that Lucic/Neal deal but with better players.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:09 pm 

E.L. wrote:
I mean, I know it sounds crazy but could a Hubie for JT trade make any sense? Kinda like that Lucic/Neal deal but with better players.

Daaaaaamn...that would be crazy. Salaries AND the ages of the respective players involved are similar.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:19 am 
King of Men

Well despite blowing a 2 goal lead in the 3rd period and Nick Ritchie taking his usual questionable penalties (although he did score) the Flames manage to win one! Tyler Toffoli on a sweet break with about 4 seconds to go wins it.

You have to start somewhere...now to rattle off 12-13 more!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:30 am 
King of Men

What' that? 2 in a row? Markstrom with a SO and the best game of the year so far? A break in OT preventing the Wild game winner? Another Tyler Toffoli winner?

C'mon 10 or 11 more!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:47 pm 
King of Men

That loss to Anaheim last night did not help. 31%

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:50 am 
King of Men

Well...with that loss to the Yotes this team is down to a 20% chance of making the playoffs. By the end of next week we should be able to wave the white flag. Vegas twice and LA twice if you extend it out to next Tuesday.

I want to give props to Jusso Valamaki and Conor Mackey......definitely an upgrade on Tanev and Weegar! :doh:

Valimaki had 2 points and a hand in the game winner. He has blossomed in the desert!

Not to be all doom and gloom....Jakob Pelletier and Walker Duehr are exactly what this team needs......happy as hell to be playing with the big club and giving max effort. I love to see them encouraging a dude who is about to make 10.5 Million a year. If Pelletier leaves the big club everyone needs to be fired (especially if its in favor of Ritchie).

I actually really like this lineup right now even though Mange Punani seems to be on the struggle bus. IMO its the best they've looked all season.

I think its safe to say this is the beginning of the farewell tour for Milan and probably Brad as well.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:43 am 
King of Men

Lo and Behold....no sooner did this get typed then Pelletier and Duehr are swapped for Ritchie and Ruzicka.

I have no problem with Ruzicka in the lineup especially when Trevor Lewis and Milan are still nailing down spots. However having Lucic and Ritchie (Baby Huey) in the lineup is redundant.

On a night when both teams they are chasing falter, the Flames pick up a huge win against Vegas and a shaky Quick. 3 points out of the last spot now and an increase of playoffs to 39.5%! The glimmer is still there! I think they would match up quite well against Vegas. These next few games against Dallas, LA and Vegas (SJ and ANH thrown in there) should be telling. After that, if it comes down to it, they do face the Peg and Preds in the last week of the season.

I do like the way they are playing down this stretch (Markstrom first and foremost).....things seemed to have turned a bit after that Boston game and perhaps after last night against Vegas they can find some belief in the room to sneak in to the dance. After that anything goes.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:27 pm 

That Troy Stecher sure is a scrappy little guy. That was one hell of a fight. I think Trevor Zegras should be thanking his lucky stars.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:42 am 
King of Men

The Flames get clubbed by LA (8-2) and now find themselves at 23%.

What a piss poor game....Zadorov and Tanev were horrible! Kadri on the 3rd line? Give me a break...if you haven't figured out where to put that guy stick a fork in it.

Markstrom with a .769.....ouch!

Toffoli continues to lead the way.

By the time we see LA again next week this thing could be decided. Bright spot, only 3 of these last 11 games are against playoff teams. So...if they can't get in their inability to beat the teams they need to is amplified.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:40 am 
King of Men

with 10 games less the Flames can do no less than 7-3 to finish out the year and hope to get in. Which, ironically, is exactly the team ratio of playoff to non-playoff teams they face the rest of the way.

Apparently per a report out of Friedman....Kadri has been at odds with DS as well...and has found himself in the doghouse lately.

Can't see how dudes signed to big money long term lose out to DS or Brad who look to be out the door in a few weeks.

https://thehockeywriters.com/flames-kad ... th-sutter/

https://www.bladeofsteel.com/Report-Sev ... ear-219797

Quote:
According to new reports from Dean Molberg of The Nation Network, it's not only Kadri who has voiced significant discontent with Sutter. Several other Flames have made it clear that if Darryl Sutter is still the coach of the Flames next year, they will ask for trades.

As others indicate I think it would be a mistake for this team to elevate DS back to GM status. This is not the direction the team needs to go.

Jack Adams to the exit! The schtick was worn thin! This just isn't Sutters type of generation any longer.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:44 pm 
King of Men

Its all over but the fat lady! 10%!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:21 pm 

I doubt the Flames have any desire whatsoever to elevate Sutter to GM again. He was objectively horrid in that role. Near the end he was trying anything and everything to see what would stick (i.e. trading for a broken down Ales Kotalik).

I'd say yeah, Sutter's probably on his way out and I'm sure he could not care less. He'll just retire back to his farm and collect whatever's left on his contract.

Personally I'd get rid of Treliving too. That dude has had more lives than an entire cat sanctuary, enough is enough.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:49 am 
King of Men

Does Matthew Coronato play tonight? Do the Canucks play spoiler with 2 games against the Flames? 7 games left and odds are they can only afford to lose one. Good news is that the schedule is light however every game has meaning. If they get to next week 4/5 will see the Peg and 4/10 Nashville.

Odds are up to 32%!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:17 pm 
King of Men

Unfortunately, this is the predicament of not taking care of your business and not being in control of your own destiny. Does it come down to a Peg matchup on Wednesday night? How exciting but they will have to win out and they still have a date with Nashville looming next Monday.

Vancouver with a real chance to stick it to the Flames next Saturday but to say any game is more important than another at this point isn't realistic. Its just the next one you have to win. Gut check time!

Man, these goalies are not good this year.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:15 am 
King of Men

Well that's about it...can't lose to teams like Chicago at this point. Its do or die against the Jets tonight.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:27 am 
Big in Japan

The Hawks were on an eight game losing streak! The Flames are an unserious franchise.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next