OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 4:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:52 pm 
Old Man of the Post

harmfuljays wrote:
Eghad this team is a dynamo right now. Adding Toffoli was a perfect addition to this club. They will get another crack at the Avs again this saturday night. The first game was amazing. Flames are really elevating their play at the right time. Could make some noise in the post season this year. DS knows how to do that!

Toffoli somehow jacks every team he gets traded to at the deadline.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:30 am 
Big in Japan

Jarnkrok is Lindholm's cousin. Great addition.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:25 pm 
King of Men

Flames don't do a lot at the deadline but Toffoli was a big pickup. Jarnkrok comes aboard and now Ryan Carpenter (a DS type) from Chicago.

And of course the best addition has been DS!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:58 am 
King of Men

Well....this thread is not befitting of the performance this year. Flames take home the Pacific title last night. While the Bruins may be first round fodder this team could see the WCF.

All Hail DS!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:23 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Toffoli went ice cold for my fantasy team at the wrong time, but I can't really complain since he was red hot before that, catapulting my team to the top of the standings.

Still an interesting player. His goals come and go as he's just not a great shooter, but he does everything else well.

Of course it don't matter if Toffoli goes full Iceman since Johnny Hockey and Keith's Kid continue to tear it up. Someone's getting PAID this offseason.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:31 am 
King of Men

I can't say that I didn't take enjoyment out of watching the Flames crush the Canucks remote dreams on Saturday night.

Johnny is really having a year. Going to be interesting to see if he stays. He's a fairly quiet dude and I don't think he's played his hand yet.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:50 am 
King of Men

Great game between the Preds and Flames last night.....Saros gets injured and limps off while Big Sieve Dave comes in to let one in with .1 seconds left..... :roll:

Flames go on to win with a trickler in OT.

This will be an entertaining 1st round matchup if it sticks. Without Saros Nashville is screwed.

Why does the crowd have to chant <insert visiting teams name here> sucks all the time?...its just classless and something that I hope doesn't spread.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 3:40 pm 

Minor news, but it appears after stops in Abbotsford, British Columbia, and Stockton, California, the Flames are moving their AHL affiliate to...Calgary.

https://www.abc10.com/article/news/loca ... f1a2504f67

Calgary seems to have a little trouble getting their affiliates to stay in one place. I can remember when it was out in Nebraska at one point. Seeing as how it's moving literally into the same city, that should stick.

Hope they pick a new name though. Calgary Heat just seems kinda redundant to me.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 6:16 pm 
Big in Japan

An otherwise successful season snuffed by the Edmonton Oilers. Doesn't get much worse for Calgary fans!

Gaudreau is a UFA, Tkachuk is an RFA. So is Manage Ya Pain. There's enough cap room to cram it all in, especially if they buy out Monahan and find takers for Looch and Valimaki.

They should stay the course, as they were a good team. Markstrom was excellent in the regular season and tanked in the playoffs. Not sure what happened there.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 3:58 pm 

Here’s a bit of news, the Flames might be done but their AHL affiliate, the soon-to-be-moved Stockton Heat, defeated the Colorado Eagles to make it to the Calder Cup conference finals, and they did it on the back of their superstar goalie, 21-year-old Dustin Wolf.

He’s listed as 6’0”, which is not big at all for a goalie, and was taken 214th overall in 2019, that’s fourth from the Mr. Irrelevant spot. Three shutouts in all three victories for Stockton, the only loss to the Eagles being 6-5 in OT.

Is he the next Juuse Saros? I dunno, but he’s already showing more than Jon Gillies (and certainly Leland Irving) ever did.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 10:50 am 
King of Men

Don't forget Brent Krahn! Yeah I read this too that Wolf stood on his head while Justin Kirkland provided the dagger repeatedly. Going to need something once Johnny bails and the other 2 accept their RFA offers.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 12:08 pm 
King of Men

To recap.....a good regular season once again met with disappointment in the offseason. Typical Flames but at least they made it out of the first round.

Markstrom is no Kipper...at least not yet.

Big time issues this offseason.

UFA: Johnny Goodreau.....his staying or going will tell you everything about where this team is headed.

Carpenter, Jarnkrok, Lewis, Ritchie, Gudbranson, Stone, Zadarov are the rest. Maybe float Gudbranson but the rest can go.

RFAs: Mange Punani, Tckachuk..the unfun one, and Kylington. I'd expect them all to be actively pursued....I wouldn't be surprised if Ottawa kicks the tires on Tckachuk the unfun one.

Buyouts: I expect the team to say goodbye to Lucic and Monahan.

That leaves about 27 Million to work with. Plus a 5 mil savings on the buyouts.

I would expect signing Johnny is directly related to Treliving's future...but that guy has so many lives.....every time I think he's done for somehow he hangs on.

Anyway a decent season but depending on what happens this team could find itself in a bit of disarray next year.