OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 5:23 pm 
King of Men

Some Canada on Canada action here. Not sure this is a great pull for Calgary but it has to start somewhere.

Best of 5....no announcement on hub city for the west yet but no Calgary on Gary's list.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:53 am 
King of Men

uh....isn't everyone supposed to be in Edmonton?

https://twitter.com/hangarhockey/status ... 2190995456

This can't be good! Flooding at Rogers place last week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sY-66mYPPXY

Apparently flooding didn't hit the ice so....

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:07 am 
King of Men

The Fanbase is starting to turn on Johnny....right or wrong.....this series will determine his fate as a Flame.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:51 am 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

harmfuljays wrote:
The Fanbase is starting to turn on Johnny....right or wrong.....this series will determine his fate as a Flame.

Oh that's definitely wrong. It's management's fault for doing a half-assed rebuild and then continually focusing on toughness rather than skill with an aging roster, not Johnny's. Also didn't help that they hired an overrated, racist piece of shit to be their head coach.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:22 am 
King of Men

Eghad...this could start on Saturday 8/1 and be over by Tuesday 8/4 (at the very most over in a week)! That's only 70 running hours of playoff time! Talk about short lived potential! However there is always a chance (12.5%) at Alexis Lafreniere if that happens!

Quote:
Matthew Tkachuk said he is "sick of losing" and determined to help the Calgary Flames advance beyond the first round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs for the first time since 2015.

"I'm sick of losing in these first rounds," the Flames forward said Friday. "I know a lot of guys are also sick of losing, who want redemption after last year. It's time for us to prove we're an elite hockey team."

Indeed!

The lesson here is enjoy the ride....because it could be VERY quick.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:26 am 
King of Men

For the playoffs, I have gone out and purchased one of these soccer vuvuzela horns that the Saddledome fans like to annoy people with. It is rather tricky to play but I am working on it. The dog and other members of the household don't appreciate it much but anything goes for the playoffs.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:31 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

harmfuljays wrote:
For the playoffs, I have gone out and purchased one of these soccer vuvuzela horns that the Saddledome fans like to annoy people with. It is rather tricky to play but I am working on it. The dog and other members of the household don't appreciate it much but anything goes for the playoffs.

:laap:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:46 am 
OTP Historian

harmfuljays wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:04 am 
King of Men

Well, after getting upset during the 1st period of the first game at the usual suspects I decided to just shut up and watch.

I was pleasantly rewarded with solid efforts through out the series from each player I doubted and even the coach.

Of course it did help that there was no Laine or Scheffle but Hellybuck wasn't nearly the factor I thought he was going to be....and while I enjoyed yelling Pionk several times that was about it for excitement level with the jets.

Now, why Bennie and the Jets played after the Flames goals.....I don't really know....

As long as it isn't the Avalanche next (St Louis or Dallas it seems) I'll take Calgary's chances here.

Solid showing/effort from this Flames team (which is all I have ever been looking for). While not completely erasing the stink from last year this certainly helps. I'll sit back and enjoy the ride further.

I had a piece put together about Sam Bennett but I will save that for later.

Shout out to Matchsticks and Gasoline.....and MGMacGillivray in particular (keep those heat maps coming)

https://www.matchsticksandgasoline.com/ ... ets-game-3

I am getting rather skilled with the vuvuzela.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:43 am 
Big in Japan

The Jets just don't have the depth right now to weather a few injuries, and they never replaced Buff. I do like seeing Beaulieu contributing. Too fun loving for Montreal, but a decent player.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:37 am 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

harmfuljays wrote:

Awesome! I got one of those when I was a kid at a DU Pioneers game. I probably still have it at my father's house somewhere.