OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:54 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Dave Pagnotta of The Fourth Period posted that Colorado Springs was in line to get an AHL franchise, and I could not for the life of me guess who it was.

Well, Jay, you're in luck--the Mayor John Hoven followed up the original report and it's the Flames who are reportedly moving their affiliate from Stockton, CA.

https://twitter.com/mayorNHL/status/1229525349282615298

The Flames' AHL affiliate has been a lot of places, including Omaha, Nebraska, Abbotsford, BC, upstate NY, and currently, Stockton.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:39 am 
King of Men

yeah...the affiliate has been all over the place over the years.......I don't make it a point to go to Eagles games but maybe I can travel down to the Springs once or twice a year to see this.

This team still doesn't know who it is.....down 3-1 to the Ducks entering the 3rd yesterday and they play comeback with Mangepunani getting his first hat trick.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:50 am 
King of Men

harmfuljays wrote:
This team is done as is. I don't think anyone should be fooled that they can get it together or be a playoff performer. That Diff, which in my opinion is a key indicator of playoff appearance, says it all.

The goaltending is shoddy, the play inconsistent and luke warm, a lot of gliding around waiting for plays to develop (not my job to create!). When the going gets tough they go the other away (hallmark of these Flames teams over the years). Its no surprise that the teams that did well in Calgary were full of Leaders and proven vet performers. So where is that on this team? ***crickets***

So the question is who stays and who goes? Who do you decide to keep? Me, I think its a no-brainer....you build this team around the image of Tckachuk....you make him the man and get rid of the others. So I guess an easier question for me to answer is who is untouchable currently....

Tckachuk
Lindholm
MangePunani

Gio
Andersson

That's it! Everyone else is available before the deadline if the right deal comes along.

Props to Brad for trying but sometimes it just doesn't work out. Time to start scoping the next GM.

Well the day is here and the Flames are still inconsistently flirting with a playoff spot. Thank goodness the Pacific is weak!

Calgary is not at a level where I would spend futures on this group (offseason problems for Brad).

I would imagine they do nothing and Brad has to try and spin it. Is it too early to throw dirt on the existing GM position?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:43 pm 

Boy I'd be scared if I were the Flames. Treliving is in that precarious position where he might be fighting for his job. I don't think it's a good thing to have a GM in that spot.

Johnny Hockey left the ice during practice. Probably nothing but you just never know...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:55 pm 
King of Men

Eric Francis said he had to pee.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:56 pm 

harmfuljays wrote:

God I hated having to piss after putting on all my equipment

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:02 pm 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

harmfuljays wrote:
Someone leaked the information early...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:06 pm 
Improvement on the US678 prototype

Logical Progression wrote:
harmfuljays wrote:
Someone leaked the information early...

:rimshot:

King of Men

Gustaffson picked up from the Hawks.....and some Forbort dude.

harmfuljays wrote:
Gustaffson picked up from the Hawks.....

That's actually a pretty good pickup for them

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:09 pm 
King of Men

Pokecheque wrote:
harmfuljays wrote:
Gustaffson picked up from the Hawks.....

That's actually a pretty good pickup for them

Yep I like this one. Fellow Swede, been around the block and affordable. Kylington needs work....so this helps and maybe it helps him in the long run.

Both of these guys are lefties.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:23 pm 
King of Men

And that's that. A pleasant surprise considering we may not see Hamonic back in a Flames Uni. It definitely makes the press conference easier on Brad!

Edmonton got better and Vegas really shored up their weaknesses. Van already added Toffoli earlier so I suppose the Flames didn't do much compared to the other Pacific contenders.

I guess this core has another shot at it and if not then it becomes an interesting offseason.

I bet you Johnny did that shit on purpose....I know I would have.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/gau ... oom-break/

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:07 am 
King of Men

Wow.......look who at your TOI leader for last night's game....that's right Gustaffsson. They can scratch Stone once Gio is back. I want to see more of this Forbort/Gustaffsson pairing...they were plug and play.

Ok maybe the Bruins weren't playing their A game...but I haven't seen the Flames look that calm and collected all season. Start stringing a few of those together and you might have me believing.

Hell there was even a Monahan sighting.......X2!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:13 am 
King of Men

WTF was that? How in the world do you completely collapse in the dying seconds? Well let's look at it.....here it seems the defenceman are getting sucked behind the net.......Gio was just cruising back there....and for some inexplicable reason TJ Brodie gets sucked into running after the man behind the net that Gio was already pursuing.......leaving Granlund wide open while Rittich is swimming in the net....clean it up on the backend!

Terrible. So yeah Rittich was down and out.....but his D hung him out on that one. OT was just the completion as was Rittich's meltdown on his stick...not his night.

Watch this debacle:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/mik ... -overtime/

And to make it worse Cassie Campbell is doing the color!

Too bad as the Flames looked pretty good....but its the consistency thing as it has been all year. If they don't make the dance this game about sums it up. But at least they seem to be pointed in the right direction the past few games within a tough stretch. Flush this one.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:53 pm 
King of Men

Back into 3rd place with a potential Battle of Alberta round 1!!!!!!! 3 more weeks of playoff bubble teams so the road doesn't get any easier.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:17 am 
King of Men

I certainly wouldn't call that a character win. But its a needed 2 points after being outplayed for 50 minutes. Some breathing room now as the Nucks seem to be fading.....key matchup against the Yotes next, followed by the Knights.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:13 am 
Big in Japan

Flames get blown out by The Gurianovs in game 6. Season over.

They've got cap room and turnover on defence this offseason. They could be players in the Taylor Hall sweepstakes. That would jazz the fanbase, for obvious reasons.

They'll be happy to get Valimaki back. Will they bring back Talbot or go for someone more high profile like Holtby?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:46 pm 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

E.L. wrote:
Flames get blown out by The Gurianovs in game 6. Season over.

They've got cap room and turnover on defence this offseason. They could be players in the Taylor Hall sweepstakes. That would jazz the fanbase, for obvious reasons.

They'll be happy to get Valimaki back. Will they bring back Talbot or go for someone more high profile like Holtby?
They need to address their goaltending issues. I bet they go hard after Markstrom in free agency.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:34 pm 
King of Men

In an abundance of people sitting around not doing much there was a stampede to write season summaries....

This one about does it...expect changes...

https://www.tsn.ca/change-is-coming-in- ... -1.1512706

I would expect Brad to have reached the end and finally run out of those 3 lives.....as well as Ward being passed on.

Find a Goalie. Period. Markstrom would be perfect.

Once upon a time I would have been the first to string up Sam Bennett.......last year he had heart but I felt he ran around taking dumb penalties and giving up position. But at least he tried. This time around he was one of their best performers. You can't pay him big money....but he's also not to be chased out of town any more. Character guy that delivers when it matters most....something this team sorely lacks.

Jankowski and MangePunani are RFAs and up to be signed. Valimaki comes back. Really, only need to offer Gustaffson and find another filler on the bottom 6. Do they offer Kylington? Eh I guess if the price is right. Cap space of about 7 Million to play with for a goalie.

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/flames

I am in not in the vein of kicking Johnny out of town (sorry EF and others) but they are not untouchable. Build this team around MT, give him a supporting cast and try to find a way to make Johnny and Monahan fit even if it is further down the line. If they have to go as part of a deal so be it but its not damn the torpedos time yet.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:44 pm 
Old Man of the Post

Heard the rants about running Johnny Hockey out of town, and I couldn't believe the CGY media wants to blow everything up...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next