OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 3:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:37 am 
Flamer who Likes to Ride Rough

Points in 16 of the last 19 games has led to a sizeable lead in the NW...perhaps the biggest any team has enjoyed in the div in a few seasons!

Everybody is chipping in and they're even getting multi-goal efforts when Iggy is held off the score sheet. Kipper appears to have found his form and leads the league in wins.

Long as Regher isn't seriously hurt after that icing mishap last night things are looking good heading into '09.

:snoop:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:22 pm 
Old Man of the Post

Ok, you can stop now.

Please.

Bastards.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:28 pm 
King of Men

They were soundly abused by the Hawks last night....so the little 5 gamer is over.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:45 am 
King of Men

I am not going to complain. We've got a 5 point lead going into the halfway mark. The Canucks are our biggest challenge in maintaining a NW lead. The NW division is the weakest in the West. Old Balls Swede isn't going to carry the Nucks like Luongo will. When Luongo comes back...then it gets interesting.

Iginla has been his typical self leading by example. Langkow looks to be the best money spent when it was being handed out.

We've got new contributors on the team. The age old issue of secondary scoring seems to be addressed with the likes of Rene Bourque, Mike Camalleri, and Curtis Glencross.

Todd Bertuzzi has been a decent addition for his paycheck. Kipper has emerged from his typical early season start to once again put up quality numbers.

Quietly this all masks poor performances from The Dion and Lombardi (who doesn't seem capable of reaching expectations...at least in this organization).

News correspondents in the Calgary area are starting to complain that the team isn't getting the recognition it deserves and is getting snubbed out of elite status. I think its far too early to call this team ELITE. I'd prefer to call them achieving as expected. They are prone to lapses in attention and dilligence. I think its far too early to group them in with the top of the Western Conference. First they have to hold off the Nucks.

I have had high expectations of this team for awhile now. So when they actually start to perform as expected I am not about to start tooting horns. Keep up the good work Flames.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:32 am 
Old Man of the Post

harmfuljays wrote:
The Wild, Oilers and maybe the Avalanche are our biggest challenge in maintaining a NW lead.

Fixed for you.

harmfuljays wrote:
Keep up the good work Flames.

Ok, you bastards can stop now. :argh:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:49 am 
2003-04 Goalie Profiles Coming Soon!

the Cunning Linguist wrote:

What are you complaining about? You all get a chance to beat up on the same shitty team the Flames did last night within the week.

:steamingpileofcrap:

- Ancient Chinese Proverb

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:29 am 
Old Man of the Post

saskhab wrote:
the Cunning Linguist wrote:

What are you complaining about? You all get a chance to beat up on the same shitty team the Flames did last night within the week.

I'll believe it when I see it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:42 am 
2003-04 Goalie Profiles Coming Soon!

The Flames lost 4 straight before last night and barely had to break wind for the Habs to lay down and die. And we know the season's over in Montreal when Holger comes out of the woodwork. He's like our resident mortician.

:steamingpileofcrap:

- Ancient Chinese Proverb

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:50 am 
Old Man of the Post

saskhab wrote:
The Flames lost 4 straight before last night and barely had to break wind for the Habs to lay down and die. And we know the season's over in Montreal when Holger comes out of the woodwork. He's like our resident mortician.

Well, the Flames have plenty of cushion to spare, so I can see how they would stumble here and there without being too worried. I suppose seeing the Wild coming up in their rear-view mirror is probably what woke them up a little bit.

Nevertheless, I am simply here to say that the Flames, Wild, Oilers and Avalanche must lose. Or better yet, they must lose a lot more than Vancouver.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:24 pm 
King of Men

Continuous physical pressure applied to the Habs and SNAP! Truth be told I think Hammerdick always gets a little too excited when he plays the Flames and honestly we do miss him.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:46 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Nothing like this image to get a smile on my face...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/pgStory?co ... to=9194724

And who cares about who's throwing the punch...it could be Sean Avery throwing it (but when does that ever happen) and I'd still be ecstatic.

:dance: