OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 8:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:35 am 
King of Men

As the April 3rd deadline approaches its probably a foregone conclusion (finally).

The list this year is as follows:

Pittsburgh (The best fit for Iginla......who wouldn't want Sid feeding them), Boston (I could see this.....he'd finally play on a real team but he doesn't quite fit in here, Morrow is a safer bet), LA (I could see this....been a possible destination for years plus Sutter is there), Vancouver (not in a million years he wants a cup not a cup of coffee), Wings (why? How are they even involved?)

Now they won't get much for him...maybe a young guy that might be able to play but certainly no Doug Hamilton.

I personally wouldn't mind seeing him sent to LA for Bernier and maybe Voynoz....throw that damn Bouwmeester in there too. I think that's really the only team that's got immediate support for the Flames now (goaltending/D).

But who knows......every year for the past 4 we've had threads like this. They could very well turn around and sign him for 4 mill.... :jerkbag:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:07 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

That'd be hilarious if Feaster once again traded a star player for spare parts and a goalie with a questionable track record.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:05 pm 
King of Men

Av-merican wrote:
That'd be hilarious if Feaster once again traded a star player for spare parts and a goalie with a questionable track record.

Well.....there isn't much more that they are going to get for him.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:02 pm 

harmfuljays wrote:
Av-merican wrote:

Well.....there isn't much more that they are going to get for him.

Then it's the Richards trade all over again. Hope Bernier doesn't get concussed if it happens.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:01 pm 

https://twitter.com/RobRossi_Trib/statu ... 7509049344

The reported asking price: Top 4 D prospect, roster player, and a pick.

The reported teams Iggy is willing to waive his NMC for: Chicago, St. Louis, Los Angeles, and Pittsburgh.

If this is the case, I don't see a deal happening, unless Feaster backs WAY down. You should feel lucky at this point if you get a prospect (O or D) period.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:41 pm 

Av-merican wrote:
https://twitter.com/RobRossi_Trib/statuses/312631687509049344

The reported asking price: Top 4 D prospect, roster player, and a pick.

The reported teams Iggy is willing to waive his NMC for: Chicago, St. Louis, Los Angeles, and Pittsburgh.

If this is the case, I don't see a deal happening, unless Feaster backs WAY down. You should feel lucky at this point if you get a prospect (O or D) period.

If the Morrow trade goes through you can scratch Pittsburg from the potential suitors. http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=419014

And to me Iggy is overpaid at this point in his career, I'd certainly not want the 7 mil cap hit next year for what he is capable of doing. So I'd agree that Feaster once again is being completely unrealistic. Chicago don't need him, St. Louis shouldn't be given up potential at this point as they are still improving and will be a for a few years. LA seems like the best fit.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:52 pm 

Feaster's trying to save face, save his job, and trying to trade the franchise's (arguably) best player ever. He can't do all at once.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:33 am 
King of Men

See the Feaster piss tested thread.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:56 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

I think every deadline since I originally joined OTP there have been "valid" rumo(u)rs about Iginla being traded. If it finally happens, I'll almost be sad.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:12 pm 

Chris18 wrote:
I think every deadline since I originally joined OTP there have been "valid" rumo(u)rs about Iginla being traded. If it finally happens, I'll almost be sad.

Hell, I'll be sad too. Much as I hated watching them beat up on the Avs, it was awesome seeing Iginla and Conroy do their thing.

I think Feaster will screw it up somehow.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:49 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Av-merican wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

Hell, I'll be sad too. Much as I hated watching them beat up on the Avs, it was awesome seeing Iginla and Conroy do their thing.

Not realizing which paper he was signing, Feaster accidentally extended Iginla's contract 3 years instead of the trade papers he was intending to sign. Feaster said at his press conference "This new CBA paper work is like hella-confusing. Anybody seen my cheeseburger?"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:22 pm 
2003-04 Goalie Profiles Coming Soon!

Chris18 wrote:
Av-merican wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

Not realizing which paper he was signing, Feaster accidentally extended Iginla's contract 3 years instead of the trade papers he was intending to sign. Feaster said at his press conference "This new CBA paper work is like hella-confusing. Anybody seen my cheeseburger?"

More appropriate would be him spilling melted cheese/mayo from Arby's on the papers and then licking them and ruining the trade as a result.

:steamingpileofcrap:

- Ancient Chinese Proverb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:41 pm 
King of Men

thank you Jarome. You've been a class act all the way. I hope you get your cup with the Pens.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:33 pm 

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2013/03/ ... um=twitter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:53 pm 
King of Men

not sure what the point of that link is. Perhaps it belong elsewhere.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:49 am 

I keep reading everywhere that the Flames failed to give Iginla a center. Jeez, I realize Craig Conroy wasn't an ideal scoring line center but it's not like he was to Iginla as Jonas Hoglund was to Mats Sundin.

Still, it'll be cool to see a Neal - Malkin - Iginla line.

I don't think Iggy will sign next year in Calgary, but I do think he will finish it up there as Conroy did.