OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 10:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:59 pm 
King of Men

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=399779

This guy Feaster is f'n classic entertainment.....

Quote:
"He is one of the very best goal scorers in the NHL at even strength," said Flames general manager Jay Feaster.

Quote:
Feaster said he identified Hudler as the Flames' top target before the free-agent signing season opened on Sunday and wasted no time going after him. He told Hudler's agent, Petr Svoboda, that "We were not out there throwing five lines in the water and maybe we'll catch Jiri but maybe we won't and we'll get somebody else.

"He kept asking me to be patient and give Jiri some time, and I told him, 'Petr, I'm going to be candid with you. We're all in with you. We have not been going after other guys in this top six forward role because this is our guy.' We were not hedging our bets. We put all the poker chips in the middle of the table with Jiri."

Quote:
"I think in the case of Jiri and Dennis, these guys bring what I call 'personality.'

"Jiri does have a personality, and that, I think, is the biggest issue in terms of our room. Over the last few years, our room has been kind of a quiet room. We want more personality. I don't want just plain vanilla. That's something I think these acquisitions have been good for."

This is a 20 goal scorer being targeted like he is freakin Zach Parise! Have another one Jay! Hey we've almost got 2 lines now......I hope there is more to come here. Either way its good to see new blood on a crappy team.