(Generation III)
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:15 am 
King of Men

Av-merican wrote:
harmfuljays wrote:
Hiring Bob Hartley said it all for me...... :doh:

Hiring a Stanley Cup-winning coach was a bad thing?

Oh c'mon now.......that team was a juggernaut on a mission for Ray.

If I was to consider anything out of Hartley's track record it would be his career with Atlanta and Hershey. He's proven to take a team in the skids, make them competitive and then get handed his thanks for coming slip.

I suppose at this point Feaster is trying. After looking at this a little closer this seems to be a smart move. Thanks for setting me straight.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:48 am 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

By that rationale there are a lot of Stanley Cup winning coaches who don't deserve credit.

Don't get me wrong, everyone knows I'm a Hartley fan, but even I am not convinced he can be successful. But he was probably the most proven coach available, and if Feaster isn't gonna rebuild, hey, may as well.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:53 pm 

Posting in this thread because it appears confirmed that Feaster nearly gave up his 1st and 3rd rounders for literally NOTHING. O'Reilly would have had to pass through waivers before playing for the Flames. Something tells me Jarmo Kekalainen would've snatched him off the waiver wire without thinking twice.

Feaster probably DOES need to be piss-tested, because holy shit how can you overlook that!?

And since this subject ended about Hartley, I can already see why he's light years better than Brent Sutter, though that isn't saying much. Hartley encourages his defensemen who are able to jump into the play. For some reason Sutter wouldn't allow that. Hartley does and Bouwmeester's goal in last night's game is exactly what you want a player with skills and speed like that to do.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:58 pm 
Big in Japan

Tallon got canned for less.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:15 pm 

http://nhl.si.com/2013/03/01/the-jay-feaster-follies/

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:18 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Av-merican wrote:
http://nhl.si.com/2013/03/01/the-jay-feaster-follies/

"Moreover, throughout our discussions, the player’s representative shared our interpretation and position with respect to the non-applicability of Article 13.23."

:laap:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:12 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Is it possible Feaster was just forcing CO's hand?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:47 pm 

Chris18 wrote:
Is it possible Feaster was just forcing CO's hand?

No, he was trying to get the player. O'Reilly would've been a tremendous upgrade to their center corps, which is so bad they've even tried Jiri Hudler at the pivot. The Flames are desperate right now, they don't have any elite prospects in the system and "blowing it up" won't be so easy since they have a lot of long-term contracts on the payroll. A rebuild will be a very long, very painful process, maybe even longer than it took when they started one around Iginla.

The only offer sheets I can remember that were motivated more by spite than by a desire to acquire the player was the Hurricanes' attempt to snag Fedorov and the Blues "payback" offer sheet on Steve Bernier. Even in the case of Fedorov, there was still an inherent desire to get an elite two-way center who was in his prime.

The more I read about this draft, the more it looks like it would be utterly stupid to trade out of the first round. Way, way too much potentially elite talent to forego here. The Jackets' timing, for once, could not be more fortuitous.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:50 am 
King of Men

Far too much credit suggesting Calgary was forcing the issue on anything....all they wanted was O'Reilly. This organization couldn't find their ass with both hands.

This legal stuff is garbage.....I have a hard time understanding how offering a player 5 million and then being forced to send him through waivers....plus giving up picks is good for this organization. Someone needs to be fired immediately if this legal peter puff is true. Quite honestly I find all of these KHL agreements ridiculous.

I have no doubt this would have been a monstrous legal ball sniffing event had they actually had to commit to the loss of picks.

Feaster is hanging out with this dude:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:25 pm 

Reading an article in the paper today on the whole waiver fiasco. It seems that neither the agent or the Avalanche understand the CBA correctly either.

If Colorado had understood it they would have let every team in the league know to mitigate the risk of any of them making an offersheet. If the agent had understood he would have told O'Reilly not to play after the season started. He got really lucky no one in the AV's realized otherwise he would have lost the only bargaining option he had.

So because the AV's didn't know and thus mitigate the risk they are paying Radar about $100,000 a game for the next 2 years. That's Eric Stoll, Sidney Crosby kind of money. So as bad as Feaster looks and he would have looked like a complete idiot for paying a $2.5 mil bonus and giving up draft picks to watch the player go to Columbus all of that is a could have happened scenario. The actual outcome is Sherman actually paying at least double for a player who would have had to sign for cheap if the agent/player had realized no offersheet would ever be tendered. How does Sherman still have a job? Does ownership not realize all this yet?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:35 pm 

Fogghorn wrote:
Reading an article in the paper today on the whole waiver fiasco. It seems that neither the agent or the Avalanche understand the CBA correctly either.

If Colorado had understood it they would have let every team in the league know to mitigate the risk of any of them making an offersheet. If the agent had understood he would have told O'Reilly not to play after the season started. He got really lucky no one in the AV's realized otherwise he would have lost the only bargaining option he had.

So because the AV's didn't know and thus mitigate the risk they are paying Radar about $100,000 a game for the next 2 years. That's Eric Stoll, Sidney Crosby kind of money. So as bad as Feaster looks and he would have looked like a complete idiot for paying a $2.5 mil bonus and giving up draft picks to watch the player go to Columbus all of that is a could have happened scenario. The actual outcome is Sherman actually paying at least double for a player who would have had to sign for cheap if the agent/player had realized no offersheet would ever be tendered. How does Sherman still have a job? Does ownership not realize all this yet?

I'd be surprised if ownership even knows. They've been implementing a policy of salutary neglect with the Avalanche so they can focus more on the Nuggets, Arsenal, Stan's bid to acquire majority ownership of the St. Louis Rams, and KSE's bid to buy out the Outdoor Network. Basically they've let Pierre hold court all these years without so much as a wary glance in his direction. Recent years have given credence to the belief that the Kroenkes acquired the Avs only because they were part of the package required to acquire the Nuggets.

If Sherman loses his job and Lacroix is allowed to keep his with the same level of authority, then Sherman is nothing but a fall guy.

As for King Ken, no idea what to make of Calgary's ownership group. They let Sutter make some equally egregious moves before finally asking for his resignation. Don't know if Feaster is on the outs or not at this point.

I guarantee some lawyers will definitely lose their retainers over this though.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:32 pm 
2003-04 Goalie Profiles Coming Soon!

There is no CBA yet.

O'Reilly quit playing in the KHL a while back. I don't see how he was any different from any other locked out NHLer who played in the K this year. This is quite a ridiculous interpretation on a rule which is designed to prevent holdouts from playing in other leagues for leverage (which I disagree with entirely).

These are stupid rules based on stupid rules and the NHL should abolish them to avoid embarrassing situations like this.

:steamingpileofcrap:

- Ancient Chinese Proverb

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:43 am 
King of Men

saskhab wrote:
There is no CBA yet.

O'Reilly quit playing in the KHL a while back. I don't see how he was any different from any other locked out NHLer who played in the K this year. This is quite a ridiculous interpretation on a rule which is designed to prevent holdouts from playing in other leagues for leverage (which I disagree with entirely).

These are stupid rules based on stupid rules and the NHL should abolish them to avoid embarrassing situations like this.

Bravo! That's exactly how I feel.

I am not excusing either teams' management office but its ridiculous to have these rules. I highly doubt the Flames would have followed through with the draft picks anyway without marching out their own army of crooks......like I said a huge ball sniffing legal event engineered by lawyers for lawyers.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:10 pm 
Old Man of the Post

From: http://canucksarmy.com/2013/3/5/never-c ... ver-change

But you all probably knew this.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:13 am 
King of Men

Trades Iginla for a bag of dicks.....throws in the towel this season..........pats himself on the back and likes what he has done......won't use the word rebuild......says retool.

All Flames fans can now put down their bongs and take off their rose colored glasses. This team stinks like old dog shit and its ok to admit it now.

Tear this bitch down Jay!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:17 am 
Old Man of the Post

Well, I hope he actually goes through and does it. This "retooling" is just bad marketing; he isn't fooling anyone. But I think this is at least two years too late.

Let the Flames Fire Sale begin...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:11 pm 

I'm really perplexed by this. Sounds like the 2 NCAA players are really marginal NHL prospects combined with a very, very late pick it's very likely none of the three never play a full year in the NHL. Can't understand why Feaster would do this, I'd just sit on Jarome and say fine, we're happy to keep you, much better than giving you away for nothing. If Jarome had that hanging over him he may have opened up the NMC a bit more.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:20 pm 
Big in Japan

Who better to retool than a complete tool?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:58 pm 

E.L. wrote:
Who better to retool than a complete tool?

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:41 pm 
2 Legit 2 Quit

Fogghorn wrote:
I'm really perplexed by this. Sounds like the 2 NCAA players are really marginal NHL prospects combined with a very, very late pick it's very likely none of the three never play a full year in the NHL. Can't understand why Feaster would do this, I'd just sit on Jarome and say fine, we're happy to keep you, much better than giving you away for nothing. If Jarome had that hanging over him he may have opened up the NMC a bit more.

That's what I would do as well, especially given that there are a few more days before the deadline for somebody to step up. Feaster needs to be piss tested!