OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:13 pm 
King of Men

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=325831

Quote:
"There's a bloodline factor there," said GM Darryl Sutter.
:doh:

Because Sutter has to look like a complete fool........he waives Kotalik
Quote:
“I couldn’t care less about what’s happened to him in New York this year or what’s gone on, because I don’t know,” Sutter said. “I know from two years ago in Buffalo he was a very good hockey player."
and then goes on to draft kids of previous Flames players Maxwell Reinhart and John Ramage......so the march for a 1st Line Center continues like it does every year...with far less chips to acquire one.

Word out is that the Flames are re-looking at Savard.......dangling perhaps Regehr.......which might make a little sense if the Bruins have deemed Chara out of their price range. And have completely quit on Kaberle. Other than that the Flames have no bargaining power unless they decide to show Kipper or Iginla the door. I would imagine Iginla before Kipper.

This organization is a mess. At least they picked up some swedish goalie Henrik Carlson as a backup. I have nothing else to say about this sad sack bunch.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:26 pm 
OTP Historian

harmfuljays wrote:

Because Sutter has to look like a complete fool........he waives Kotalik
Quote:
“I couldn’t care less about what’s happened to him in New York this year or what’s gone on, because I don’t know,” Sutter said. “I know from two years ago in Buffalo he was a very good hockey player."

:haha:

Harmy that's directed towards Sutter, not you.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:23 pm 
King of Men

Shit.......man.....I am doing the same thing.....

C'mon, based on some of these snippets he sounds like the dumbest GM with a job!

:haha:

:wookie:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:54 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

I don't see what the big deal is, they acquired a first line center from Toronto and signed him long term already... :hurrr:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:36 pm 
King of Men

You want to know what the sad thing is professor? I couldn't even remember who you were talking about and had to look it up....oh yeah that guy.....Matt Stajan.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:37 pm 
King of Men

Quote:
General manager Darryl Sutter confirmed Wednesday afternoon that the NHL team is bidding farewell to the Winnipeg native after slapping him on waivers Wednesday morning.
“He’s unconditional,” Sutter said. “He will be bought out if he’s not claimed tomorrow morning.”
Ales Kotalik, however, is still very much in the Flames organization in spite of clearing waivers Tuesday.
“The waivers he was on were not buyout waivers contrary to what everybody’s opinion is,” he said. “It gives you different options. It gives us different avenues for the next three months.
“I mean, we play hockey in October not in July.”
In 66 games last season, Dawes scored 14 goals and 32 points. Should the Flames buy him out, he’ll cash a cheque for US $283,333. The cap hit is $141,667 for two years.
Does Sutter expect Dawes, 25, will be claimed?
“I have an opinion just like you,” Sutter said. “You’re going to find out”
Why Dawes instead of someone else?
“It’s based on the fit for our team right now,” Sutter said

WTF is wrong with this guy.....so he didn't waive Kotalik? Why the hell not? I'd rather have Dawes than freakin Kotalik!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:06 pm 
OTP Historian

Personally I'm surprised he hasn't tried to buy out Kotalik and then re-sign him for a more expensive contract. Unfortunately for Darryl the stupid CBA rules got in the way of that.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:10 pm 
Old Man of the Post

I actually feel bad for the boys at CalPuck... Nobody should have to go through this...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:55 pm 
King of Men

the Cunning Linguist wrote:
I actually feel bad for the boys at CalPuck... Nobody should have to go through this...

From what I have been able to gather over there.......they still believe....amazingly.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:59 pm 
Old Man of the Post

harmfuljays wrote:
From what I have been able to gather over there.......they still believe....amazingly.

It's the very definition of cognitive dissonance...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:20 am 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

http://www.faceoff.com/hockey/teams/cal ... id=4186547

Kotalik waived and cleared again.

I doubt it's the worst trade in franchise history, but no doubt a stinker. However, without any doubt whatsoever the worst transaction in team history was releasing that little guy from Laval who went on to sign with the Bolts. Bad as Sutter was, I don't think his legacy will ever be regarded as badly as Button's.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:30 am 
Rebel Sell + Moneyball = Life

Av-merican wrote:
http://www.faceoff.com/hockey/teams/calgary-flames/story.html?id=4186547

Kotalik waived and cleared again.

I doubt it's the worst trade in franchise history, but no doubt a stinker. However, without any doubt whatsoever the worst transaction in team history was releasing that little guy from Laval who went on to sign with the Bolts. Bad as Sutter was, I don't think his legacy will ever be regarded as badly as Button's.

There was also the small matter of Gilmour-Macoun-Manderville-Nattress-Wamsley for Leeman-Godynyuk-Petit-Berube-Reese...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:01 am 
King of Men

I'll throw this out there right now. But I think the Flames are sellers. And by that I mean they will move 1 of their 2 biggest assets. I think they move Kipper to Detroit barring a Nabokov signing.

Although Feaster says this:

Quote:
"I want to start rewarding our players in Abbotsford who have earned and deserve recalls, and I want to give Brent more options with respect to his line-up and sitting players who are not delivering,” said Flames Acting General Manager Jay Feaster. “This assignment gives us the roster flexibility we need going forward, and it demonstrates that we are serious about doing whatever it takes to continue our push to make the playoffs."

For once I don't believe it. I think they are saying it to keep attendance up. The cupboard is bare in Abbotsford. I have no reason to believe that this team is any different than the past 2-3 seasons.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:05 am 
2003-04 Goalie Profiles Coming Soon!

Jyrki21 wrote:
There was also the small matter of Gilmour-Macoun-Manderville-Nattress-Wamsley for Leeman-Godynyuk-Petit-Berube-Reese...

But that was pre-NHL, Ian.

:steamingpileofcrap:

- Ancient Chinese Proverb