OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:04 am 
King of Men

Good year from the Flames. Nice pickup of Stone to secure the backend. Backlund has been great this year.....Jonny has been dazzling.....Monahan a work horse. TJ seems to have found his game and Giordano has turned into a solid leader. Elliott discovered the pipes again. Even Dougie is maturing.

I love Sam Bennett's game. He and Tkachuk are like piss and vinegar. Tkachuk may need to take it down a notch or teams are going to start running him (which they are doing already).

Unfortunately I did not make it up to Calgary a few weeks back to see a game or Tea Party.

Alas.......all signs point to a 1st round matchup with a superior team, The Ducks. A recent home and home showed the Flames just how well rounded and seasoned the Ducks are. While the Flames are good....the ducks are better for now. I think the Flames could at least take it to 7 this time but they would need all hands on deck to beat the Ducks...and then it comes down to coaching Carlyle clearly has the edge on Gulutzan. Its a shame because I think they could go far but the Ducks are clearly a team that has the Flames number.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:02 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

I think a ton of it has to do with Mikael Backlund's resurgence. Not sure what the hell happened last year but he has found his game again. You can't put a premium on good two-way forwards (TAKE NOTE AVALANCHE).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:17 pm 

Matthew Tkachuk has created a new stat: Most suspensions drawn by game. His grand total is now up to 14(!). 10 for the Witkowski incident, 4 for what went down with Landeskog the other night.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:03 pm 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

Pokecheque wrote:
Matthew Tkachuk has created a new stat: Most suspensions drawn by game. His grand total is now up to 14(!). 10 for the Witkowski incident, 4 for what went down with Landeskog the other night.
What does he say / do to make the opposition go so crazy? He must have some good smack.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:26 pm 

Logical Progression wrote:
What does he say / do to make the opposition go so crazy? He must have some good smack.

Well, he gave Witkowski a little poke to the back of the knee with his stick as the guy was leaving the ice following that huge brawl, not sure what went down between Landy and Little Tkachuk earlier, but I think there's a history.

Dude just seems to know how to push buttons, that's for sure. His old man did that to a certain extent as well.